This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do people think RUMORS are facts?

#11dark_shardPosted 2/14/2013 7:42:40 AM
For the same reason that people think OPINIONS are facts.
---
http://amuletsandale.blogspot.com/
GT: darkshardx
#12GGearXPosted 2/14/2013 7:44:27 AM
dark_shard posted...
For the same reason that people think OPINIONS are facts.

I like chicken nuggets. Is that fact or opinion?
---
GT: KryDamoure *Insert cool line here *
.............I'm a very shy guy........
#13dark_shardPosted 2/14/2013 8:02:35 AM
That's a fact to you, and your opinion to me. If you really want to play with semantics like that, I'll reword my statement.

For the same reason that people think their view on things should be the view everyone else has as well.
---
http://amuletsandale.blogspot.com/
GT: darkshardx
#14GGearXPosted 2/14/2013 8:06:04 AM
dark_shard posted...
That's a fact to you, and your opinion to me. If you really want to play with semantics like that, I'll reword my statement.

For the same reason that people think their view on things should be the view everyone else has as well.

Sometimes opinions can be factually wrong as well. Even Hitler had an opinion, doesn't mean he's factually right though. Sometimes people have to get other people to think a certain way. The right way.
---
#15Perfect LightPosted 2/14/2013 8:21:36 AM
Atalalama posted...
Microsoft can always lay the rumors to rest by stating if it's true or not. Why have they remained silent on such a polarizing subject as blocking non-1st buy games? Sony US has stated they don't want to do it (but stopped short of stating they won't), Nintendo obviously hasn't...so what's stopping MS from making a simple statement?

Because they probably aren't ready to start talking about next-gen consoles yet. They want to announce next-gen on their own terms, not to quell a bunch of rumors.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIbu3wJDmVQ - New gaming series
My podcast: hulkshare.com/inferiorminds
#16Dragon NexusPosted 2/14/2013 12:25:56 PM
so what's stopping MS from making a simple statement?

How about...it's not their job to dictate what everyone's talking about.
Let people say what they want, it's not MS's job to convince people or otherwise of what they believe. The Government has stated multiple times that 9/11 wasn't a cover up. Doesn't stop the conspiracy nuts still believing it was.
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#17reverence27Posted 2/14/2013 2:17:59 PM
Same reason Republicans scream and shout Obama is taking away their rights. Simple minded people will believe anything they hear without any form or research, and spread the idea onto other simple minded people, all too ignorant to do actual research..
---
"I have found Christian dogma unintelligible. Early in life, I absenteed myself from Christian assemblies." ~Benjamin Franklin
#18reverence27Posted 2/14/2013 2:19:30 PM
Same reason people believe in god. Simple minded people will believe anything they hear without any form or research, and spread the idea onto other simple minded people, all too ignorant to do actual research..

I can go on and on.
---
"I have found Christian dogma unintelligible. Early in life, I absenteed myself from Christian assemblies." ~Benjamin Franklin
#19GGearXPosted 2/14/2013 2:21:54 PM
reverence27 posted...
Same reason people believe in god. Simple minded people will believe anything they hear without any form or research, and spread the idea onto other simple minded people, all too ignorant to do actual research..

I can go on and on.

Very bad comparison. I don't have a religion but I accept other peoples beliefs. Don't know why you are insulting people who believe in "god".
---
#20BlueJester007Posted 2/14/2013 2:24:51 PM
Real
Undeniable
Mandates
Occuring at
Relevant
States

Tee hee.
---
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who know binary, and those who don't.