This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I may have ruined Aliens for some folks during coop last night LOL SPOILERS

#1pothocketPosted 2/14/2013 8:47:55 AM
I do like the Aliens game. I really enjoy playing the coop with random people. However, I could care less about the story. For me, the campaign is just a tour of the Aliens movie and that's it. I don't need it to be anything more than that.

So there we are, in a cutscene, that has already been going on four minutes as characters are yelling at each other debating how/if they can get an alien embryo out of a character and it's just awful. Even though it's my first time through this area, I know the pacing of narrative, I know we're still in for a lot more cutscene, I know how it's going end, I know I'm the host and it's my responsibility....I skip the scene.

Boom, we're all just standing around in the room the cutscene took place in but the lady with the embryo is now dead with a little alien poking out her chest lol. The other players flip out. Grenades are being thrown, clips are being emptied, I'm pretty sure one guy fell to his knees and shouted "NOOOOOO" to the heavens but everyone is already muted so I don't really know.

My bad. : \
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#2KIngdomSora50Posted 2/14/2013 8:49:25 AM
What game is that?
#3pothocket(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 8:52:03 AM
The new Aliens Colonial Marines

Good game but not because of the story lol.
---
#4Surv1valismPosted 2/14/2013 8:52:46 AM
Douche move bad story or not imo.
---
GT: IAstro ZombieI ( i's)
PSN: IThe_WretchedI http://www.listal.com/list/game-collection-astrozombie29 (not finished)
#5_OujiDoza_Posted 2/14/2013 8:53:53 AM
Surv1valism posted...
Douche move bad story or not imo.

---
WOULD SMASH: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xm7oX1yCFU0
#6pothocket(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 8:55:49 AM
Hey, it was my first time seeing it too.

There is a limit to how long I can watch a cutscene for, and the game crossed that line. So not my fault. Maybe developers should learn to do narrative in-game rather than cutscenes.
---
#7_OujiDoza_Posted 2/14/2013 9:00:19 AM
pothocket posted...
Hey, it was my first time seeing it too.

There is a limit to how long I can watch a cutscene for, and the game crossed that line. So not my fault. Maybe developers should learn to do narrative in-game rather than cutscenes.

Thos playing with you beg to differ, that's probably why you muted your mic, you knew you were going to be a douche' and just didn't want to hear all the bad **** they were going to call you.
---
WOULD SMASH: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xm7oX1yCFU0
#8whiteboygenePosted 2/14/2013 9:02:25 AM
ITT: hey I'm impatient and have ADD and I don't care if it ruins the experiences of others.
---
Good deeds should be done not for compensation or to please an invisible deity, they should just simply be done. People who agree: 847
#9pothocket(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 9:02:31 AM
I mute randoms because I don't wear a headset and I don't want to hear the usual crap that comes with randoms like open mics and children singing.
---
#10pothocket(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 9:04:01 AM
whiteboygene posted...
ITT: hey I'm impatient and have ADD and I don't care if it ruins the experiences of others.

I'd argue that the cutscene was already ruining our experience of Aliens coop.
---