This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I may have ruined Aliens for some folks during coop last night LOL SPOILERS

#21pothocket(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 9:57:02 AM
Killah Priest posted...
I blame the game

Me too. The other 3 players were higher level than I was so I assumed they probably already seen it and I was the one holding everything up. Plus I didn't know if it was going to ask other players to confirm skipping it or not because I never skipped the other, shorter, scenes before in coop.

Or just don't make cutscenes longer than a minute.

Honestly, my thoughts when I skipped the scene: "I don't want to hold up the game for this stupid crap, I've already made these guys wait long enough. I can watch it on my own time".

I thought I was doing everyone a favor : (
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#22beautifuldreamsPosted 2/14/2013 10:04:58 AM
same situation happened to me the other day in Resident Evil 5 coop. devs need to stop with the garbage cutscenes
---
nyuuuuuuuuu~
#23Killah PriestPosted 2/14/2013 10:55:15 AM
Honestly, my thoughts when I skipped the scene: "I don't want to hold up the game for this stupid crap, I've already made these guys wait long enough. I can watch it on my own time".

this is exactly how I feel during cutscenes in co-op.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#24Holy_OblivionPosted 2/14/2013 11:05:54 AM
You can't handle 4 minutes of a cutscene...?
---
THIS HORN OF MINE IS BURNING RED! ITS LOUD ROAR TELLS ME TO DEFEAT YOU! TAKE THIS! MY AMMO, MY STAKE AND ALL OF MY CLAYMORE! ERUPTING TRUMP CARD!
#25pothocket(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 11:09:15 AM
Holy_Oblivion posted...
You can't handle 4 minutes of a cutscene...?

Nope. I can barely handle two. I've got this funny thing about games being played and the narrative in an interactive medium NOT be told via cinema.
---
#26Dragon NexusPosted 2/14/2013 1:30:20 PM
As annoying as this would have been, I have to say what idiot who truely cares about the story would go into an online co-op mode with a bunch of randoms?

They were asking for it.
And besides, I've seen a few videos of early game when they talk about the alien embryo, if it's not blatently obvious by the "Don't worry, we'll find a way to fix you" trope line then you deserve to be spoiled.
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#27pothocket(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 5:41:46 AM
Dragon Nexus posted...
As annoying as this would have been, I have to say what idiot who truely cares about the story would go into an online co-op mode with a bunch of randoms?

Exactly. I did my first playthrough coop exactly because I chose the gameplay experience. It was more important, to me, to get the full gameplay experience my first time through than it was making sure I heard every line of dialogue and plot.

Here's the difference between single player and coop: Coop - the game tells you to take the left hallway so everyone goes down the left hallway.

Single - the game tells you to take the left hallway so you take the right hallway and only when you're sure you searched every corner and didn't miss anything do you take the left hallway.

I get it if people want to play like that their first time, I do. But for me that is like constantly pausing a movie and even rewinding it at times. I will gladly explore a game like that but only on a third playthrough or so, after I know a game is worthy of that level of attention.

Anyways, here's that cutscene I skipped. It's shorter than 4 minutes lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkh8-ZpxOvg

I hit the skip button right around the 1:40 area in the video.
---
#28cup_a_soupPosted 2/15/2013 5:45:02 AM
Admittedly, maybe the developers should have implemented skipping cutscenes the same as Saints Row 2 does, where if someone presses Start to skip, everyone else is notified, and it only skips if they press it too.
#29DarkSymbiotePosted 2/15/2013 5:47:25 AM
I knew you were a terrible person.

pothocket posted...
However, I could care less about the story.

*sigh*
---
My Resident Evil 6 Review| My XCOM: Enemy Unknown Review
http://bitly.com/Z2CT6n | http://bit.ly/RJGjrn
#30pothocket(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 5:49:26 AM
DarkSymbiote posted...
I knew you were a terrible person.

pothocket posted...
However, I could care less about the story.

*sigh*

Oh no! WHAT HAVE I DONE!?!?!
---