This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Will GTA V be the best game ever made?

#1LonnyJohnsonPosted 2/14/2013 9:35:17 AM
So far we know that there will be three characters. We also know that we will be able to switch on the fly between these three characters (Trevor, Michael, and Domingo). This could potentially create all kinds of chaos if you think about. Trevor could be across the city shooting cholos in the face and stealin their trucks, meanwhile Michael is robbing a bank with Domingo. I think CLASSIC GTA gameplay will return as well, with possibly the best and latest in physics technology. Think Max Payne 3 but smoother. Dual wielding could possibly return, which I know that means that Domingo will have this ability exclusive to him since hes more of the 'gangsta' type GTA fix. As for Trevor or Michael, I don't have any guesses. Michael, might be able to pick up more than one hooker at a time in bigger vehicles since hes the baller. Trevor, the crazy psycho redneck might start out molotovs and flamethrowers like the crazy ***** he is. Anyone else excited to be a gamer in 2013 because of games like this?
---
Lonny "Booty" Johnson
#2BahamutBBobPosted 2/14/2013 9:36:03 AM
No. It will not be the best game ever made. Will it be amazing? Most likely.
---
XBL / PSN: BahamutBBob
#3bluehat94Posted 2/14/2013 9:39:32 AM
I seriously doubt it will be the best game ever made, but I think it will be fantastic and will have me addicted to it for a while.
---
"So my lunch today involved both a noodle packet and a sauce packet....so yeah, things are going pretty well for me."
#4BlueJester007Posted 2/14/2013 9:41:33 AM
Not if you ask pothocket. It's too "casual".
---
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who know binary, and those who don't.
#5SunDevil77Posted 2/14/2013 9:52:43 AM
I'm hoping so, but I am keeping my hype down. That way, even if it's just as good as GTA IV, I'll love the hell out of it.
---
Royal with Cheese. What do they call a Big Mac? Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it Le Big Mac.
#6metroidman92Posted 2/14/2013 10:06:52 AM
I'm not holding my breath. RDR and GTA4 didn't wow me too much this gen, but I loved Saint's Row 2 and 3. Eh, maybe I'm just spoiled by those and San Andreas.
---
Carry we who die in battle over land and sea
across the rainbow bridge, to Valhalla! Odin's waiting for me!
#7SunDevil77Posted 2/14/2013 10:15:37 AM
metroidman92 posted...
I'm not holding my breath. RDR and GTA4 didn't wow me too much this gen, but I loved Saint's Row 2 and 3. Eh, maybe I'm just spoiled by those and San Andreas.

Did you play Max Payne 3? It really is R*'s underrated beauty.
---
Royal with Cheese. What do they call a Big Mac? Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it Le Big Mac.
#8xyxrxuxafraidxPosted 2/14/2013 10:16:56 AM
Yes, it will be
---
METAL GEAR SOLID | HEAVY RAIN | FF7 | RE | ZOE | SF /fanboy
#9pothocketPosted 2/14/2013 10:20:04 AM
BlueJester007 posted...
Not if you ask pothocket. It's too "casual".

If it's 90% generic cover based shooting and full of cutscenes, than yeah.

GTA series has mass appeal. Casuals are the masses. 2+2=?
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#10nothingbeastPosted 2/14/2013 10:24:11 AM
I don't think it'll be the best game ever. (MS Pac Man & and very close second place Super Metroid have been fighting for that throne in my mind for years)

However, I've been very pleased with Rockstar recently.

Red Dead Redemption
L.A. Noire
GTA IV

All of them turned out to be great games for me.

I have high expectations and GTA 5 is the only definite DAY ONE purchase I have this year.
---
~I was stomping goombas and saving princesses long before most of you were born.