This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Manuals - Paper vs Digital

#1Gunvalkyrie2Posted 2/14/2013 12:24:10 PM
Paper vs Digital - Results (53 votes)
Stop being cheap - gimme my paper manual back!
73.58% (39 votes)
When they include a manual on the game disc that's cool and enough for me!
7.55% (4 votes)
I really never use or need either!
18.87% (10 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I was disappointed when sly 4 had no paper manual but actually on the disc there is a full manual - which is 55" on my TV WITH MUSIC - IS THAT GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU?
---
It's not just a rumor, I heard it on Gamefaqs.
#2HaloODSTDPosted 2/14/2013 12:25:26 PM
I really never use or need either! Last time I looked through one was probably the original xbox days....
---
GT: Jessica Jung xo
PSN: Rutgers Student
#3darkharePosted 2/14/2013 12:25:31 PM
paper, i keep all of my gaming and puzzle mags by the toilet.
---
whats wrong with ppl when you ask someone to imagine something and they then ask you to describe it to them so they can imagine it?
#4nothingbeastPosted 2/14/2013 12:29:01 PM
I don't really care either way as long as I get some kind of manual.

I prefer paper, but digital works just as well.

However, I do find the cheap tri-fold controller schematic silly.
---
~I was stomping goombas and saving princesses long before most of you were born.
#5pothocketPosted 2/14/2013 12:30:26 PM
Stop being cheap, publishers. Cut down a few trees and give us proper manuals, in color.

Dishonored's was awesome (like everything that games does). It was in color. Told you how to play. Listed the abilities, what they did, and what their upgrades did. Listed notable locations of Dunwall. Listed notable people of Dunwall. There was flavor text throughout the whole thing.

It was a proper manual for proper gamers.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#6HMXTaylor_LeePosted 2/14/2013 12:33:59 PM
Digital is an acceptable alternative, as long as you can pull it up at anytime in the game via the pause menu. The great thing about paper manuals is that they are a quick and easy reference.

I'll always prefer paper myself, but if the elimination of physical manuals helps to reduce shipping and production costs for all parties involved, I guess I will live.
#7PStrifePosted 2/14/2013 4:49:09 PM
Paper, I am also sick of these cheapwad 360 game cases. I never asked for this cheap crap, if you wanna be cheap you have to lower those MSRPs. This is a give and take, not just a take.

Idiot publishers are too stupid to get how crappy their over-all package is degrading the worth of their very products. If you present yourselves cheaply, your software is also presumed to be of low quality.

Nobody seems to understand standards anymore. Just some cheapwad publishers trying to scam consumers with cheap low quality product. They don't even release cheaper product as a result, makes absolutely no sense with this cheaply produced product.

I never asked for this crappy presentation, I expect more from these people. Contrary to the lowly teenagers with their low standards of free games from mommy and poppy. As a long-time console gamer I am insulted.
#8Mumble_Posted 2/14/2013 4:51:39 PM
There needs to be more manuals like the Halo 3 one.
---
HELLO!!!
#9CyricsServantPosted 2/14/2013 4:52:42 PM
I really never use or need either . . . but I demand paper manuals!
#10GGearXPosted 2/14/2013 5:05:04 PM
I love Digital manuals. The graphics are way better. And the letters are clearer. MGS HD Collection is an example.
---
GT: KryDamoure *Insert cool line here *
.............I'm a very shy guy........