This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone remember Eternal Champions?

#1mrhappyguy12345Posted 2/14/2013 5:24:07 PM
It was actually more violent than MK, and had a darker, more twisted feel to it. With the resurgence of fighting games in the last few years, I think it would be great to see this game brought back from the dead.
---
I love video games : )
#2TheBlueStigPosted 2/14/2013 5:32:41 PM
First Genesis game to really need the 6 button controller, if you didn't have one it made the game extremely difficult.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#3shubon1Posted 2/14/2013 5:39:22 PM
mrhappyguy12345 posted...
It was actually more violent than MK, and had a darker, more twisted feel to it. With the resurgence of fighting games in the last few years, I think it would be great to see this game brought back from the dead.

Peasants will be peasants.
#4WiiLover94Posted 2/14/2013 5:40:55 PM
It's funny that you mention Eternal Champins because I was just looking it up yesterday.
---
"He never saw Molly again."
XBL GT: Hellcamino420 - I'm slightly jaded after Borderlands 2.
#5mrhappyguy12345(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 5:41:38 PM
shubon1 posted...
mrhappyguy12345 posted...

Nachos will be delicious.

you're damn right!
---
#6kungfucolinPosted 2/14/2013 5:42:13 PM
That was a truly dreadful game.
---
Latest Video: Kungfu Arcade #3 Aliens vs Predator
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFt9c7CjhnM
#7superweskerPosted 2/14/2013 5:43:11 PM
Challenge from the dark side on sega cd was more violent not the genesis one
---
"Japan is also a country where you can buy period blood stained/poop stained panties in vending machines"-zidane15.....GT: crazydaygo
#8mrhappyguy12345(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 5:44:53 PM
WiiLover94 posted...
It's funny that you mention Eternal Champins because I was just looking it up yesterday.

I love the idea of taking dead "champions" from a bunch of eras and having them fight it out. It was also a morbid treat that beating the game with each character showed you how they died.

Then you have the gory as hell finishers to top it off. Man, I wish this game would get a revival.
---
#9mrhappyguy12345(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 5:46:22 PM
kungfucolin posted...
That was a truly dreadful game.

As far as fighting mechanics, yea. But it was ok for the time. The premise it what's truly awesome about it.
---
#10kungfucolinPosted 2/14/2013 5:51:32 PM
If we're talking about 16-bit fighting games that need a reboot - there's none that need it more than WeaponLord.
---
Latest Video: Kungfu Arcade #3 Aliens vs Predator
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFt9c7CjhnM