This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone remember Eternal Champions?

#31mrhappyguy12345(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 7:43:40 PM
BuckVanHammer posted...
kungfucolin posted...
MK has no foot games.
No Okizemi
no variations on frame adv/dis
no cancelable normals
No Just frames
I could go on and on.

Basically it lacks the ingredients that make a fighting game 'advanced'.

I think that is a lot of the appeal of mk. Balancing a career, family, and and we'll life in general doesn't allow me to spend the hours and hours to study the data you listed. Oh to be young again with a pocket full of quarters.

QFT
---
I love video games : )
#32pakathecatPosted 2/14/2013 7:45:59 PM
It was a favorite of mine. Had some really good music too.
#33AtalalamaPosted 2/14/2013 7:51:34 PM
mrhappyguy12345 posted...
It was actually more violent than MK, and had a darker, more twisted feel to it. With the resurgence of fighting games in the last few years, I think it would be great to see this game brought back from the dead.

I replayed the game the other day.

I have no idea what I saw in it all those years ago. Stage/Positional specials & fatalities are SOO lame...uhmm...sorry Injustice: Gods Among Us...
#34MatrixAndrAIaPosted 2/14/2013 8:47:03 PM
Good god man, I remember playing that game in the mid 90s and it was a lot of fun for what it was. I'd always use that ninja assassin girl that could turn into a shadow. I have memories of the last boss being really difficult and only finishing the game once.

Never really played it two player - we saved MK and Street Fighter II for those times.
---
Your name is sung and tattooed now on my heart - here I will carry you forever
Carry Tori Amos
#35mrhappyguy12345(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 6:35:47 AM
Atalalama posted...
It was actually more violent than MK, and had a darker, more twisted feel to it. With the resurgence of fighting games in the last few years, I think it would be great to see this game brought back from the dead.

I replayed the game the other day.

I have no idea what I saw in it all those years ago. Stage/Positional specials & fatalities are SOO lame...uhmm...sorry Injustice: Gods Among Us...

: (
---
#36Damn_DeaditePosted 2/15/2013 6:45:32 AM(edited)
Brutal: Paws of Fury needs a reboot.

Edit; after YouTubing the game.. Good lord my Nostalgia goggles shattered and sliced my retina up. I will never look up Bloody Roar now. :/
---
Herrehkhan313
I'll swallow your soul!
#37mrhappyguy12345(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 6:58:11 AM
Damn_Deadite posted...
Brutal: Paws of Fury needs a reboot.

Edit; after YouTubing the game.. Good lord my Nostalgia goggles shattered and sliced my retina up. I will never look up Bloody Roar now. :/

Don't worry, a lot of old fighters from that time don't hold up well. Most of them have you feeling like your fighter has on a pair of concrete shoes. For instance, killer instinct, mortal kombat, eternal champions, clay fighters(it wasn't thaaat bad back then lol) all play pretty poorly after playing any modern fighter.
---
#38Damn_DeaditePosted 2/15/2013 7:13:21 AM
Welp speaking of fighters and such any GFAQers wanna play SSF4 AE?Lol
---
Herrehkhan313
I'll swallow your soul!
#39UnicornTamer1Posted 2/15/2013 7:15:56 AM
kungfucolin posted...
If we're talking about 16-bit fighting games that need a reboot - there's none that need it more than WeaponLord.

Howabout primal rage?

This. Primal Rage was awesome, game does not get the love it deserves.
---
Master of Gnomes, Keeper of Secrets
Fluttershy's #1 Fan