This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gonna start The Witcher 2 today. Any tips before I start?

#1Hucast9Posted 2/14/2013 5:33:28 PM
Any tips?
#2leopoldsharkPosted 2/14/2013 5:37:01 PM
Save frequently.
Don't be stingy with potions.
Don't let enemies get behind you.
Swordsmanship is probably the best path to level.
Quen is your friend.
#3Killah PriestPosted 2/14/2013 5:39:38 PM
QUEN QUEN QUEN QUEN
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#4Hucast9(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 5:39:47 PM
leopoldshark posted...
Save frequently.
Don't be stingy with potions.
Don't let enemies get behind you.
Swordsmanship is probably the best path to level.
Quen is your friend.

Nice thanks. Actualy, i'm installing right now. I'll stick around here until both discs install.
#5Hucast9(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 5:51:36 PM(edited)
Weird question. When I bought this game, the instruction manual was seperate from the game case. Is this normal? This instruction manual doesn't seem to fit inside the box. I'm stating to wonder if this game originally came with a sleeve or something like that. I got it at Gamestop "new", but ofcourse it was one of their opened ones.

Edit: Actually, the instruction manual is in fact inside the box. There was a seperate book attached to the game case with a rubber band. This book is called the "quest handbook". Is it normal for this to come with the game attached to the case with a rubber band?
#6ntsoulsPosted 2/14/2013 5:50:13 PM
Easy mode doesn't make you a bad person.
#7Killah PriestPosted 2/14/2013 5:51:55 PM(edited)
Weird question. When I bought this game, the instruction manual was seperate from the game case. Is this normal? This instruction manual doesn't seem to fit inside the box. I'm stating to wonder if this game originally came with a sleeve or something like that. I got it at Gamestop "new", but ofcourse it was one of their opened ones.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/imdmega/IMG_20120417_170533.jpg
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#8Hucast9(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 5:53:17 PM
Killah Priest posted...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/imdmega/IMG_20120417_170533.jpg

Thanks a lot. Looks like those bastards at Gamestop sold it to me without the sleeve.
#9HughJorgennPosted 2/14/2013 6:15:27 PM
Its cool that you got that. CD Projekt Red gives you that and a manual when other developers arent even giving the standard manual anymore. Its been so long since I played that game. Just started the second part when I got distracted by another game.
#10Cobra9860Posted 2/14/2013 6:41:30 PM
Great game, but its slow going, so dont give up.

I really wasnt digging it until I hit chapter 2 (which is several hours in). Then it all just clicked.

First thing you should do is purchase the skill on the sword path that makes it so you dont get double damage by getting hit in the back. Then upgrade Quen.

That and just roll a lot. Get used to setting traps.

Other than that, have a good time. I suggest playing through twice as depending on a major decision, you get two nearly completely different games.
---
wat