This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gonna start The Witcher 2 today. Any tips before I start?

#11uncleePosted 2/14/2013 8:08:40 PM
Easy mode doesn't make you a bad person.

This times 1000. Seriously, easy mode in TW2 is comparable to normal in most games, so if you have to drop the game down, don't feel like things will be a cakewalk.

Also, play it at least twice. As Cobra said, you can play nearly two completely different games depending on your choices.
#12xChaosLordxPosted 2/14/2013 8:10:27 PM
IGNI IGNI IGNI. No, seriously, you can't go wrong with the magic route. And Igni ****** faces when you level it up. Talking 1hkoing mobs that will take you more than a dozen sword hits to drop.
#13rdking96Posted 2/14/2013 8:54:10 PM
Killah Priest posted...
QUEN QUEN QUEN QUEN

Came in to say this.

And I personally went for a split between sword and magic. I found Aard and Quen are both very useful powers. Get Quen to Level 3 and Aard at least level 2 if possible. After that have fun with it!

Also - the game is difficult in the first act. Fight through it and the game will become easier in Act 2 (and the story reaaallly gets going in this act as well).

Enjoy! One of my favorite games this generation :)
---
"There won't be any money...but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness...So I got that goin' for me - which is nice."
#14Killah PriestPosted 2/14/2013 10:04:54 PM
Quen should be considered an exploit its so damn good.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#15Arucard05Posted 2/14/2013 10:07:42 PM
CD Projekt Red gives you that and a manual when other developers arent even giving the standard manual anymore.

Those bastards didn't give me a manual with the free review copy they sent me.

Bastards.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
It's better than bad.
#16Killah PriestPosted 2/14/2013 10:11:39 PM
PC version came with a good amount of extras as well.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/imdmega/IMG_20120417_170909.jpg

not to mention they also gave all of that stuff away free digitally to those who purchased the game and a free backup copy on GOG.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#17Mako_eyesPosted 2/15/2013 12:19:24 AM
Stay away from the boards while playing.
#18Hucast9(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 5:30:17 PM
Quick question since TW2 board is pretty slow. I'm at the start of chapter 1. I noticed that if I do not make a coversation selection fast, the selection will be made for me. For example, during the scene at the town at the start of chapter 1, I had 3 choices during a conversation. The highlighted choice was automatically selected even though I didn't press any button. Is this normal? My controller is a bit messed up, so I am in doubt as to whether this is normal or not.