This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

M$- "Everybody Knows" PS3 "Isn't as Good of an Entertainment Console" as Xbox360

#41BahamutBBobPosted 2/15/2013 9:08:15 AM
I find the PS3 is a more complete package for my multimedia needs. Plus the Netflix app isn't ****ing horrible.
---
XBL / PSN: BahamutBBob
#42Von23Posted 2/15/2013 9:15:08 AM
blk911 posted...
PS3's Web Browser allowed me to do Download movies straight to the HDD,watch youtube,watch videos on most sites,Facebook,Stream Live Sports games etc..

ALL FREE!!!!!!!!!!

This is why M$ is left in the dust.
---
This ain't nothing like Kung-Fu more like watch what the Gun do.
#43SparkItUpPosted 2/15/2013 9:16:32 AM
Cobra9860 posted...
I hate the shift they have made in the past several years away from games.

^ this...I wouldn't go so far as calling them dumb for it, but more so misguided.
---
Does a time ever come with men stop acting like boys?
#44WinternovaPosted 2/15/2013 9:29:06 AM
SparkItUp posted...
Cobra9860 posted...

^ this...I wouldn't go so far as calling them dumb for it, but more so misguided.

It's smart, actually. We're well past the normal end of the console's life cycle this time around - normally a console is the primary product for about 5 years, this time it has been 8 years. To keep selling consoles you have to expand your normal customer base - you've already exhausted the core "gamer" base by year 5. The "shift away" from games was a way to market the 360 to people whose focus isn't games in an attempt to keep the console's sales going.

When the next consoles are announced, you'll see a HUGE focus on games as gamers will be the early adopters. Later on, you'll see the focus shift back to multi-media once the core audience has been tapped.

It's Marketing 101. I have no clue how anyone could call it "misguided".
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#45FenriswolfPosted 2/15/2013 10:53:08 AM
Von23 posted...
blk911 posted...
PS3's Web Browser allowed me to do Download movies straight to the HDD,watch youtube,watch videos on most sites,Facebook,Stream Live Sports games etc..

ALL FREE!!!!!!!!!!

This is why M$ is left in the dust.

You mean $ony's cheap ass browser which has no virus protection and asks you if you want to run scripts every single time? LMAO
---
Hello
#46Dragon NexusPosted 2/15/2013 1:22:05 PM
SparkItUp posted...
Cobra9860 posted...

It's smart, actually. We're well past the normal end of the console's life cycle this time around - normally a console is the primary product for about 5 years, this time it has been 8 years. To keep selling consoles you have to expand your normal customer base - you've already exhausted the core "gamer" base by year 5. The "shift away" from games was a way to market the 360 to people whose focus isn't games in an attempt to keep the console's sales going.

When the next consoles are announced, you'll see a HUGE focus on games as gamers will be the early adopters. Later on, you'll see the focus shift back to multi-media once the core audience has been tapped.

Main reason it's misguided?
Smart TVs.
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#47WinternovaPosted 2/15/2013 9:00:56 PM
Dragon Nexus posted...
SparkItUp posted...
Cobra9860 posted...

Main reason it's misguided?
Smart TVs.

I've bought 2 TVs in the past year and a half, neither of which have been "smart TVs". More people are likely to buy a game console (even for apps) than a TV with smart TV features.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#48EM_MegaPosted 2/15/2013 9:12:27 PM
rofflchopper posted...
What? A company is saying their product is the best? What in the....

If you think this is bad, you obviously know nothing about advertisement throughout human history.

"Isn't as good" alone means MS is giving Sony some credit, which is x10000 more than you could say for what other competitors are willing to do.
---
Main: Nova/Spencer/Hawkeye
Side: Strider/Dante/Doom
#49bdfan4everPosted 2/15/2013 10:16:51 PM
BahamutBBob posted...
I find the PS3 is a more complete package for my multimedia needs. Plus the Netflix app isn't ****ing horrible.

This.
#50dj___rollPosted 2/16/2013 1:57:51 AM
Quote:Of course this is true. Why else would literally every single person, pro-Sony or pro-MS, who hates the media box idea for 720 (or been whining about 360's media focus in recent years) claim they are buying/interested more in PS4? Cause PS isn't the brand people think of for media boxes. And the app usage speaks for itself, all apps do better on 360. Complete truth, anyone claiming otherwise is trying to spin.
@scoobydoobydont
Netflix is certainly more used on the PS3. I think Hulu is as well. Netflix itself makes you wrong.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10