This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

would you still play game even if it doesn't have a save system?

#1zaiwenPosted 2/14/2013 8:51:21 PM
it's already given that pretty much all games nowadays have an auto save feature.. It saves our progress on any given game.. But let's say out of nowhere an unknown game decides to omit a save feature, would you still dare to play it, or have the will to finish it even?

just like the games of old where upon seeing a game over screen, you'd have to repeat everything the way from start of the game, chapter or a level without saving, using passwords or codes to bypass everything.
---
GT & PSN: zaiwen3
#2SunDevil77Posted 2/14/2013 8:57:43 PM
Depends on the game, really.

like a platformer? Sure.

But a game like Uncharted or Halo? Nah.
---
Royal with Cheese. What do they call a Big Mac? Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it Le Big Mac.
#3SheepinatorPosted 2/14/2013 9:11:36 PM
Dead Rising? Spelunky?
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#4seankimberley42Posted 2/14/2013 9:33:28 PM
Sheepinator posted...
Dead Rising? Spelunky?

Dead rising has a save feature. Coincidentally I'm at 6 days and roughly 12 hours into my infinite run on the first Dead Rising as we speak. That mode, however, has no save progress.
---
Twilight is like Soccer: 2 hours of people running around, no one scoring and millions of fans telling me I don't get it. - Maliice
#5Super CreaturesPosted 2/14/2013 9:36:58 PM
You mean like Geometry Wars?
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#6SheepinatorPosted 2/14/2013 10:46:27 PM
seankimberley42 posted...
Sheepinator posted...
Dead Rising? Spelunky?

Dead rising has a save feature. Coincidentally I'm at 6 days and roughly 12 hours into my infinite run on the first Dead Rising as we speak. That mode, however, has no save progress.

The game encourages you to restart from the beginning, retaining previous experience.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#7Killah PriestPosted 2/14/2013 10:49:55 PM(edited)
I beat rygar on NES.

I think that answers your question.

game was ~4 hours long with no save system at all, no continues.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#895_EclipsePosted 2/14/2013 10:48:52 PM
Sure, if it has codes that let me continue where I left off.
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
#9Ginsu VictimPosted 2/14/2013 10:50:51 PM
Killah Priest posted...
I beat rygar on NES.

I was just thinking about the same game. Also Ninja Gaiden. I beat that back in the day.
---
I'M RUNNIN' THIS MONKEY FARM NOW, FRANKENSTEIN!!! - Capt. Rhodes, Day of the Dead (1985)
#10ShadowRisaePosted 2/15/2013 6:14:24 AM
Um. I've been playing video games since the '80s. Games without save features, or even passwords... Yeah. Been there, done that.

I know a lot of people on these boards won't like it though. Generally these games are made to be beaten in a handful of hours max. People on here whine if a game is 20 hours.
---
Gamecenter CX is awesome.