This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are you sticking with Microsoft for the next gen?

#1Highly EvolvedPosted 2/14/2013 8:58:55 PM
I chose xbox over PS2 and 360 over PS4 pretty much because I can't go without Halo and Gears.

Back then I chose just one cause I didn't have enough money, this time it will be because I don't have enough time.

I will most likely go with Microsoft next gen except if they really screw up with Kinect integration and that whole used game debate.

How about you?
---
It is the beginning of my end. I've raised you well, GameFAQs. Now go, make me proud. *sniff* - CjayC 7/19/2007
#295_EclipsePosted 2/14/2013 9:12:13 PM
A couple things will make my decision for me.

A : If any of the rumors regarding used games on the 720 turn out to be true, I will go PS4. (And I buy only new typically, but sometimes I do like to buy old games that I missed.)

B : My FFB CSR wheel doesn't work on the 720. It works on PC and will most likely work on Ps4 (works on Ps3) so worst case (doesn't work on either), I'm going to PC gaming 100% after this (currently around 15% PC gamer). Since my primary genre really is racing.

I own a Ps3 now, but have no games for it. And I don't play Halo, and haven't gotten GoW3, the ONLY Xbox exclusive I'll truly miss would be Forza. But I used to play nothing but GT(1-2-3-4), so I'll just migrate back.
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
#3iTossSaladsPosted 2/14/2013 9:15:56 PM
I'm sure I'll eventually get a 720 but I'll almost certainly buy a PS4 first. I've spent most of this gen playing 360 but the past 6 months or so I've really started playing PS3 more as more and more of my friends have bought one and since the online service is free that's a huge bonus. Plus, PS+ is just a better deal even if it is just a glorified rental service. I've let my Gold subscription run out last month for the first time in 5 years and I just can't bring myself to resubscribe. MS just plain needs to up their game and start actually offering something with it.
#4Killah PriestPosted 2/14/2013 9:16:42 PM
the only thing that would make me ditch MS is if they make kinect mandatory.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#5JukainPosted 2/14/2013 9:21:16 PM
I don't make decisions on products that aren't out yet.
---
"In peace, vigilance. In war, victory. In death, sacrifice." ~ The Grey Wardens
http://www.trueachievements.com/mygames.aspx?gamerid=71900
#6Mr_GreenXPosted 2/14/2013 9:23:05 PM
There is NO WAY I'm getting the Next-Box. Microsoft completely ripped me off oof any decent exclusive games while all they tried to do was get" apps". I will definately be getting the PS4.
#7JukainPosted 2/14/2013 9:27:40 PM
Mr_GreenX posted...
There is NO WAY I'm getting the Next-Box. Microsoft completely ripped me off oof any decent exclusive games while all they tried to do was get" apps". I will definately be getting the PS4.

Lost Odyssey? Tales of Vesperia? MagnaCarta II? Blue Dragon? Kameo? The Last Remnant?
---
"In peace, vigilance. In war, victory. In death, sacrifice." ~ The Grey Wardens
http://www.trueachievements.com/mygames.aspx?gamerid=71900
#8SparkItUpPosted 2/14/2013 9:29:32 PM
Mr_GreenX posted...

^ this is where I am leaning...although not to this extreme degree.

Between over reliance on XBLA, Kinect, rehashes & apps these past few years, it really has dissuaded me from continuing my journey with XBOX.

That being said, nothing is written in stone because E3 is of course, right round the corner and I'm sure there will be a surprise or 2 for us. I am leaning towards Sony at the moment, but with the right motivation, I can be dissuaded and continue with Xbox.
---
Does a time ever come with men stop acting like boys?
#9JuhanorPosted 2/14/2013 9:31:09 PM
Depends on whether some of the awful rumors about the next Xbox have any truth behind 'em. Always online/Kinect mandatory/no used games/primary digital distribution would kill any chances of me purchasing it; hell, I only got a 360 for Halo, and that series is finished, so there's nothing holding me back in an exclusives sense.

Plus, it'd be kinda interesting to go from Microsoft's console to Sony's or Nintendo's. Basically, it's a game of wait and see.
#10Golden MavenPosted 2/14/2013 9:31:28 PM
I have western tastes, so I always keep my eye on the XBox. It gets PC ports that other consoles don't.

That said, I went with the PS3 this gen. The 360's failure rate, XBox live fees and overpriced peripherals put me off.

I'm hoping Microsoft makes basic online play free next gen, and that the hardware is reliable. I'm also hoping for the traditional controller.

We shall see. At this point, we know very little about the next consoles.