This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are you sticking with Microsoft for the next gen?

#41DarkSymbiotePosted 2/15/2013 3:27:50 AM
Not if they stick to their current plan.
---
My Resident Evil 6 Review| My XCOM: Enemy Unknown Review
http://bitly.com/Z2CT6n | http://bit.ly/RJGjrn
#42rofflchopperPosted 2/15/2013 3:34:32 AM
I will be buying all 3 like this gen as long as they have games that I want.
---
Dear Society, Please stop calling Justin Bieber gay. We don't want him either.
Sincerely, Homosexuals.
#43Silver_SparkletPosted 2/15/2013 3:38:43 AM
Pixx0 posted...
Silver_Sparklet posted...
nope, going to be moving to pc, console gaming is just becoming too expensive and is quickly being taken over by the casual crowd. I hope I can adjust to the keyboard and mouse set-up. I wish someone would make a pc nun-chuck similar to wii so I could use nun-chuck and mouse combo, would be amazing!

Games on PC already support the 360 controller (not all, just quite a good batch) since console games are being ported more and more.
Elese, there's always some 3rd party software that can emulate a controller (Xpadder and the such).
Also, check out on this if it can make your time easier:
http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-keyboards-keypads/razer-nostromo/

OMG! Thank you so much that is very close to what I was looking for, you're a lifesaver, I searched google over and over and couldn't find anything!

Yes Iím aware that the console controllers can be used on pc as I once used my sexbox 360 controller to play dragon quest 1 & 2 on pc emulator, but many people tell me that a controller isn't as accurate as a mouse when it comes to pc shooters and since I don't like being at a disadvantage I ruled out that idea. Thanks!
#44scoobydoobydontPosted 2/15/2013 3:50:48 AM
If the next Xbox is bc, yes. If not, no. Easy peasy.
---
The writing was on the wall with Bioware the minute you could completely void all of your decisions with one choice in KOTOR.
#45Ampharos64Posted 2/15/2013 4:00:12 AM
Probably not, unless it has an exclusive I really want again (got my 360 for Tales of Vesperia). Looking at the three systems I currently have, think it's most likely I'll stick with Sony next gen and get a PS4.

420lololol420 posted...
How is Tales of Vesperia an exclusive on the 360? There's a MUCH better version of the game on the PS3 (In Japanese though).

I think the 'in Japanese' bit is the problem there. Most people don't really want to play a game with a significant amount of story in a language they don't understand. I may play that version too someday, when I get better at Japanese, but actually now I've played the 360 version I feel like it makes a lot more sense and is better storywise for Flynn not to join the party, though.
#46VeladusPosted 2/15/2013 4:47:19 AM
I'll probably get MS and Sony's next gen systems eventually. Not until there's something I really want on them though. And I'm incredibly picky about games. Got barely a dozen now on 360 and PS3 combined.

Maybe I'll even get Nintendo's next gen system in 2020 when it comes out! ... Haha. I jest, of course. I never buy such out of date hardware.
#47Pixx0Posted 2/15/2013 5:26:26 AM
Pixx0 posted...
nope, going to be moving to pc, console gaming is just becoming too expensive and is quickly being taken over by the casual crowd. I hope I can adjust to the keyboard and mouse set-up. I wish someone would make a pc nun-chuck similar to wii so I could use nun-chuck and mouse combo, would be amazing!

Games on PC already support the 360 controller (not all, just quite a good batch) since console games are being ported more and more.
Elese, there's always some 3rd party software that can emulate a controller (Xpadder and the such).

OMG! Thank you so much that is very close to what I was looking for, you're a lifesaver, I searched google over and over and couldn't find anything!

Yes Iím aware that the console controllers can be used on pc as I once used my sexbox 360 controller to play dragon quest 1 & 2 on pc emulator, but many people tell me that a controller isn't as accurate as a mouse when it comes to pc shooters and since I don't like being at a disadvantage I ruled out that idea. Thanks!

Very happy it helps:)
For solo, gamepad emulation isn't bad really. Now, if you play online versus other players, yes I can tell you're going to have a hard time.
To my knowledge, the nostromo, at least the very early version wasn't from razer. I didn't check the price and hope it's not another rip-off because they tagged their name on it.
#48grimmdaddyPosted 2/15/2013 6:28:05 AM
If it needs a kinect, no buy
If it blocks used games, I'll wait until it's been properly liberated
#49Silver_SparkletPosted 2/15/2013 6:45:12 AM
Pixx0 posted...
Pixx0 posted...

Very happy it helps:)
For solo, gamepad emulation isn't bad really. Now, if you play online versus other players, yes I can tell you're going to have a hard time.
To my knowledge, the nostromo, at least the very early version wasn't from razer. I didn't check the price and hope it's not another rip-off because they tagged their name on it.

It's ok I like to do research on everything that I buy before I buy it, so Iím sure ill find out the best deal for the best quality.
#50crzylegsPosted 2/15/2013 7:08:05 AM
For me, there are two main sticking points for next gen and which console I go with: price and backwards compatibility.

I had a Wii and 360 this gen (if you count the Wii as "this" gen), so I missed out on a lot of great games. I have no problems admitting that I have been very jealous of the PS3 and its exclusives. Not to the point that I wanted to actually buy a PS3, but I've come pretty darn close.

So if the PS4 is backwards compatible, I am very strongly leaning towards that. On the flipside, I am not a fan of keeping old consoles (although I know a lot of people are), so if the next Xbox is BC, I might just go with it to only have one console on my system. It's a petty reason, I know, but hey... it's how I roll.

If neither are backwards compatible, I will go solely off of price point and perks. If there is a huge price discrepancy like there was between the 360 and PS3, I will probably go with the cheaper one, especially if one has clear-cut advantages (free online, better digital deals, etc.).

So for now I can't really say which console I'm gearing towards. I need information about BC and price point first and then I'll make my call. I'm not loyal to MS even though I have no real complaints about my 360. If Sony is BC and is cheaper (or comparable in price), I'll probably jump ship.