This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are you sticking with Microsoft for the next gen?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Are you sticking with Microsoft for the next gen?
3 years ago#41
Not if they stick to their current plan.
---
My Resident Evil 6 Review| My XCOM: Enemy Unknown Review
http://bitly.com/Z2CT6n | http://bit.ly/RJGjrn
3 years ago#42
I will be buying all 3 like this gen as long as they have games that I want.
---
Dear Society, Please stop calling Justin Bieber gay. We don't want him either.
Sincerely, Homosexuals.
3 years ago#43
Pixx0 posted...
Silver_Sparklet posted...
nope, going to be moving to pc, console gaming is just becoming too expensive and is quickly being taken over by the casual crowd. I hope I can adjust to the keyboard and mouse set-up. I wish someone would make a pc nun-chuck similar to wii so I could use nun-chuck and mouse combo, would be amazing!

Games on PC already support the 360 controller (not all, just quite a good batch) since console games are being ported more and more.
Elese, there's always some 3rd party software that can emulate a controller (Xpadder and the such).
Also, check out on this if it can make your time easier:
http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-keyboards-keypads/razer-nostromo/

OMG! Thank you so much that is very close to what I was looking for, you're a lifesaver, I searched google over and over and couldn't find anything!

Yes Iím aware that the console controllers can be used on pc as I once used my sexbox 360 controller to play dragon quest 1 & 2 on pc emulator, but many people tell me that a controller isn't as accurate as a mouse when it comes to pc shooters and since I don't like being at a disadvantage I ruled out that idea. Thanks!
3 years ago#44
If the next Xbox is bc, yes. If not, no. Easy peasy.
---
The writing was on the wall with Bioware the minute you could completely void all of your decisions with one choice in KOTOR.
3 years ago#45
Probably not, unless it has an exclusive I really want again (got my 360 for Tales of Vesperia). Looking at the three systems I currently have, think it's most likely I'll stick with Sony next gen and get a PS4.

420lololol420 posted...
How is Tales of Vesperia an exclusive on the 360? There's a MUCH better version of the game on the PS3 (In Japanese though).

I think the 'in Japanese' bit is the problem there. Most people don't really want to play a game with a significant amount of story in a language they don't understand. I may play that version too someday, when I get better at Japanese, but actually now I've played the 360 version I feel like it makes a lot more sense and is better storywise for Flynn not to join the party, though.
3 years ago#46
I'll probably get MS and Sony's next gen systems eventually. Not until there's something I really want on them though. And I'm incredibly picky about games. Got barely a dozen now on 360 and PS3 combined.

Maybe I'll even get Nintendo's next gen system in 2020 when it comes out! ... Haha. I jest, of course. I never buy such out of date hardware.
3 years ago#47
Pixx0 posted...
nope, going to be moving to pc, console gaming is just becoming too expensive and is quickly being taken over by the casual crowd. I hope I can adjust to the keyboard and mouse set-up. I wish someone would make a pc nun-chuck similar to wii so I could use nun-chuck and mouse combo, would be amazing!

Games on PC already support the 360 controller (not all, just quite a good batch) since console games are being ported more and more.
Elese, there's always some 3rd party software that can emulate a controller (Xpadder and the such).

OMG! Thank you so much that is very close to what I was looking for, you're a lifesaver, I searched google over and over and couldn't find anything!

Yes Iím aware that the console controllers can be used on pc as I once used my sexbox 360 controller to play dragon quest 1 & 2 on pc emulator, but many people tell me that a controller isn't as accurate as a mouse when it comes to pc shooters and since I don't like being at a disadvantage I ruled out that idea. Thanks!

Very happy it helps:)
For solo, gamepad emulation isn't bad really. Now, if you play online versus other players, yes I can tell you're going to have a hard time.
To my knowledge, the nostromo, at least the very early version wasn't from razer. I didn't check the price and hope it's not another rip-off because they tagged their name on it.
3 years ago#48
If it needs a kinect, no buy
If it blocks used games, I'll wait until it's been properly liberated
3 years ago#49
Pixx0 posted...
Pixx0 posted...

Very happy it helps:)
For solo, gamepad emulation isn't bad really. Now, if you play online versus other players, yes I can tell you're going to have a hard time.
To my knowledge, the nostromo, at least the very early version wasn't from razer. I didn't check the price and hope it's not another rip-off because they tagged their name on it.

It's ok I like to do research on everything that I buy before I buy it, so Iím sure ill find out the best deal for the best quality.
3 years ago#50
For me, there are two main sticking points for next gen and which console I go with: price and backwards compatibility.

I had a Wii and 360 this gen (if you count the Wii as "this" gen), so I missed out on a lot of great games. I have no problems admitting that I have been very jealous of the PS3 and its exclusives. Not to the point that I wanted to actually buy a PS3, but I've come pretty darn close.

So if the PS4 is backwards compatible, I am very strongly leaning towards that. On the flipside, I am not a fan of keeping old consoles (although I know a lot of people are), so if the next Xbox is BC, I might just go with it to only have one console on my system. It's a petty reason, I know, but hey... it's how I roll.

If neither are backwards compatible, I will go solely off of price point and perks. If there is a huge price discrepancy like there was between the 360 and PS3, I will probably go with the cheaper one, especially if one has clear-cut advantages (free online, better digital deals, etc.).

So for now I can't really say which console I'm gearing towards. I need information about BC and price point first and then I'll make my call. I'm not loyal to MS even though I have no real complaints about my 360. If Sony is BC and is cheaper (or comparable in price), I'll probably jump ship.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Are you sticking with Microsoft for the next gen?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived