This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are you sticking with Microsoft for the next gen?

#51SxmfctPosted 2/15/2013 6:15:40 AM
Yes, I'll be upgrading to Windows 8 when the majority of games stop working on 7
---
"We play the game without having to worry about viruses, system instability, OS deterioration, Compatibility issues, or crappy controls." - 95_Eclipse
#52Chewy247Posted 2/15/2013 6:18:21 AM
I don't choose who I buy, I choose when to buy them.
---
#TimesUpPunk
#53googlerPosted 2/15/2013 6:39:10 AM
I've been an Xbox fan for almost 10 years, but I think the main thing the rumors have me turned off with is that it's going out of its' way to be the middle child interns of power, and based on the rumors and how MS has been prioritizing the original fan base in exchange for casualness has me just as scared/dissuaded.
I wanted a video game system first and foremost, not a cable box that plays games - I didn't even care about most of the other **** it can do.
#54rockyoumonkeysPosted 2/15/2013 8:05:25 AM
So long as Kinect won't be required in any way, yes.
---
Formerly Known As: boingboingboing
Now Reading: Great North Road, P. Hamilton
#55godplaysSNESPosted 2/15/2013 8:10:45 AM
Won't consider a MS console again until the online gaming is free
---
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!
#56NavexPosted 2/15/2013 4:58:01 PM
Yes, I'll be getting the new Xbox eventually after it's out. It has nothing to do with company preference, in fact I dislike MS more than Sony but I have a few reasons why I'm going with them. First, as I own a 360 and have had the same gamertag for years everything is already tied into MS heavily so that's one of the major reasons right there. While it's a lesser reason as it's not a huge deal, a majority of my friends and gamers I've met online are Xbox users who will almost assuredly be making the switch to the new Xbox as well. Third it seems anymore MS always gets the better exclusives whether it comes to game rights or content so that's a plus to me since we all know Sony is cheap in this department.

My first next gen console was the PS3 but I quickly learned it was a mistake in my case as at the time MS was throwing out money left and right to secure exclusives or take previous Sony ones away from them. The online and support were also better with Live (I imagine because it was a paid support opposed to Sony's being free) so that was a plus in addition to all my friends being on Live. I owned my PS3 for about a month until I realized it wasn't going to be used for games but to this day it remains a vital device to me as it's my Blu-Ray player. Having access to the PSN for games I can put on my PSP Go is still nice as well so it's not a complete waste.

These days I simply do not play games like I used to. It seems the older I get, the less I play really. Actually, the last time I even turned my Xbox on to play something was probably 2-3 months ago so yeah, it's not a major issue to me. I will get the new Xbox someday after its release, probably as soon as a game comes out for it that I absolutely must play. It has to be something that really draws me too as I'll probably see a few games that look interesting but I've never been a fan of buying a console on launch and as much as I game I know I'll be able to hold off a good while.
---
The Jess Margera Rock Radio Show
7PM-8PM EST every Wednesday night on PoochFM.com
#57PokenubPosted 2/15/2013 4:58:42 PM
Nope. Valves new console.
---
XBOX 360 GT: Invghost
Games I am looking forward to: Super Motherload, Mewgenics.
#58TrugamerPosted 2/15/2013 5:26:06 PM
No I do not like the direction and I am sick of paying for online gaming.
MS got where they wanted with Halo and are now doing what they want and not what I want.
It's all about Kinect and the media center instead of a top notch gaming experience.
#59iceman505Posted 2/15/2013 9:09:47 PM
It's them, or just get to work on my outrageous backlog. Which honestly could last me years. Never was huge on Nintendo, RareWare notwithstanding. Three generations of bad Sony hardware have me steering clear of Sony as well. Let's face it, PS4 may very well flop on top of it. Either from being terrible itself, or Sony closing up shop for good due to other losses.
#60_LordAndSaviorPosted 2/15/2013 9:12:44 PM
I'm sticking with whoever offers the best product.
---
Will not change this sig, until Carlito is a World Champion! 7/10/11 (Unofficial Date: 6/11/05)
R.I.P Shauwk, Gone but Never Forgotten. You will be missed.