This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is the Outland/Beyond Good and Evil HD/From Dust triple pack disc woth it?

#1theGodPantiesPosted 2/14/2013 10:10:09 PM
If heard so many good things about these games
Should i pick up the collection?

Thanks
---
FACT: Demon's Souls: rpg of the millennium
#2Arucard05Posted 2/14/2013 10:10:51 PM
I don't know about the collection, but Beyond Good & Evil is a game you should own somehow.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
Home of the world famous Retroulette™.
#3theGodPanties(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 10:20:56 PM
Price seems high for 3 games but Outland and BGaE look great
---
#4theGodPanties(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 5:07:32 AM
Any1 else
---
#5DarkSymbiotePosted 2/15/2013 5:10:46 AM
I have it but I've only played it for a while. I recommend it though.
---
My Resident Evil 6 Review| My XCOM: Enemy Unknown Review
http://bitly.com/Z2CT6n | http://bit.ly/RJGjrn
#6MacDofGlasgowPosted 2/15/2013 5:17:02 AM
Outland is quite pleasant to play. Some bits seemed much harder than others, but generally it was a game where you get infuriated by your own ineptness than the game scumming you.

From Dust is quite good fun too. It's worth pottering about in it and it can be fun to mess with the world. theg ame is quite easy and quite amusing.

Beyond Good and Evil. i wanted it on the Gamecube. I wanted it on the 360. I haven't played it yet though.

Basically, it comes down to price and if you want all 3. Try the demos and see if you like them. I would say you'd find it hard to waste money with this, but I don't know how much the pack is where you are.
---
Backlog (6): Blue Dragon, Sacred 2, Risen, Mind Jack, X3, Dungeon Siege 3
#7NellytheHoofPosted 2/15/2013 5:50:47 AM
I haven't played the other two, but i'd say it's worth it for Beyond Good and Evil alone.
---
YNWA
#8DyingPancakePosted 2/15/2013 6:45:45 AM
Outland is really fun

Beyond Good and Evil is a sorry game. You might run into one or two good parts through the whole game, but its not really worth playing

From Dust I have no idea on, but it looks kinda fun

Honestly I'd pass on that collection and just pick up Outland when it goes on sale (which it has done a couple of times)
---
Under a cold October sky, I wait
Number of deer shot this year: 2
#9SheepinatorPosted 2/15/2013 6:45:59 AM
How expensive is it? Outland is one of my favorite Arcade games. It has been 400 points before. BGE was one of my favorite Xbox games, like Zelda but better IMO, but I'm not sure if it has aged well. From Dust I wouldn't buy.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#10JKSonicPosted 2/15/2013 6:54:17 AM
Outland is meh from the demo but not bad by any means, certainly worth a play if you own it. BG&E was amazing for it's time and has aged decently but not perfectly (a lot of "tried and true" mechanics like collection, not being able to access areas until you have certain things, etc). And From Dust is also fun but like any game of it's kind it's not ideally played on a console.
---
"You shouldn't be asking HOW things are, given that we already know there is something..but rather WHY things are, as opposed to there being nothing."