This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Xbox Live should be free at this point.

#1Young PlayaPosted 2/14/2013 10:13:20 PM
With Next-Gen consoles coming out real soon, Microsoft should really change their online fees. Sony seems like they will come in with the heavy guns and while Xbox 360 was a better console than PS3, a good portion of 360 users switched to PS3 for obvious reasons. Hopefully the next Xbox changes the way online is played? What does everyone else think?
---
They see me Trollin, They Hatin
#295_EclipsePosted 2/14/2013 10:14:44 PM
More than likely they wont. PS+ or what ever its called, will probably become bigger on Ps4 though.

MS will never drop fees. So you may as well give up that pipe dream lol.
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
#3JukainPosted 2/14/2013 10:22:18 PM
World of Warcraft should be free at this point. It isn't. Deal with it.
---
"In peace, vigilance. In war, victory. In death, sacrifice." ~ The Grey Wardens
http://www.trueachievements.com/mygames.aspx?gamerid=71900
#4Super CreaturesPosted 2/14/2013 10:23:13 PM
GameFAQs should be troll free at this point.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#5__Stewa__Posted 2/14/2013 10:28:55 PM
If you can afford a console that'll probably start at 400 USD, then you can afford a 60 dollar subscription. Hell some places are selling XBL for a year for around 40. If they did make it free at this point, that'd alienate the current users that have been paying for years. I'd be pretty pissed tbh.
---
"You can't come here!" - Dumbledore, Trek Wars
#6DarthJasonGPosted 2/14/2013 10:29:59 PM
Wow, it's been such a long time since I have come across a topic like this(at least a few hours). You know what I wish, I wish I did not have to come across this topic five times a day, everyday. I know it's a pipe dream of mine that I will come on this site and not see one of these topics for a whole day, but you can't stop me from dreaming. If paying $35 to $40 dollars a year which works out to be about $2.92 to $3.33 a month, then I just don't have an answer for you. Then again just skip one fast food meal a month which will good for you, then you could afford that insanely high price of about $3 dollars a month. I'm Jason and this has been a message to all of you who constantly whine and moan non stop about paying for live.
---
You don't know the power of the dark side. gamer tag DarthJasonJG
#7Solid SonicPosted 2/14/2013 10:32:28 PM
EVERY DAY we need a topic reminding you about this.
---
I can't believe I have to waste my signature to tell people New Super Mario Bros. could be a lot better.
#8Young Playa(Topic Creator)Posted 2/14/2013 10:54:53 PM
Umad? I'm sorry if I bothered most of you butthurt Microsoft fanboys lol. I'm only creating a discussion about how Sony could possibly whoop Microsoft's ass next gen if they don't step up and make XBL free.
---
They see me Trollin, They Hatin
#9randomweirdoPosted 2/14/2013 11:58:11 PM
Honestly it's far more likely that Sony will start charging for online service than Microsoft will make online multiplayer free on XBL.

So enjoy the free online while you can, because servers and bandwidth cost money and Sony only isn't charging now because they know very well they won't be able to pull it off at this time. Not with far too many people still peeved about the hacking of PSN a couple of years back.
#10Madness2012Posted 2/15/2013 2:03:02 AM
Yeah TC let's give it to you for free when other people just paid for it.What do you do
with people that have a 2 year contract with microsoft?Or you paid for it years ago?