This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Xbox Live should be free at this point.

#11__Stewa__Posted 2/15/2013 1:05:06 AM
Young Playa posted...
Umad? I'm sorry if I bothered most of you butthurt Microsoft fanboys lol. I'm only creating a discussion about how Sony could possibly whoop Microsoft's ass next gen if they don't step up and make XBL free.

There's a reason it isn't free. Superior service. And I own both consoles.
---
"You can't come here!" - Dumbledore, Trek Wars
#12mastahjebusPosted 2/15/2013 1:22:42 AM
__Stewa__ posted...
Young Playa posted...
Umad? I'm sorry if I bothered most of you butthurt Microsoft fanboys lol. I'm only creating a discussion about how Sony could possibly whoop Microsoft's ass next gen if they don't step up and make XBL free.

I own both consoles. At least the FREE PSN doesn't have advertisements staring you in the ****ing eye when you log in. Turn it on, and it's straight to business. The GUI is a lot better than Xbox's, and there aren't as many a-holes on the service.

Of course, the PC trumps everything. Only reason I even have an Xbox is because my friend loves fondling Halo's nuts and my other friend is too ****ing lazy to get a gaming PC.
---
"Your" = Possession | "You're" = You Are | "Their" = Possession | "They're" = They Are | "There" = Position
#13__Stewa__Posted 2/15/2013 1:28:20 AM
mastahjebus posted...
__Stewa__ posted...
Young Playa posted...

I own both consoles. At least the FREE PSN doesn't have advertisements staring you in the ****ing eye when you log in. Turn it on, and it's straight to business. The GUI is a lot better than Xbox's, and there aren't as many a-holes on the service.

Of course, the PC trumps everything. Only reason I even have an Xbox is because my friend loves fondling Halo's nuts and my other friend is too ****ing lazy to get a gaming PC.

Ads really don't bother me that much. Not like they interrupt you and make you watch anything. Better interface than the PS3's tbh.
---
"You can't come here!" - Dumbledore, Trek Wars
#14godplaysSNESPosted 2/15/2013 1:50:30 AM
It won't be free for as long as people are stupid enough to keep paying for it
---
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!
#15hak145Posted 2/15/2013 2:52:30 AM
DarthJasonG posted...
Wow, it's been such a long time since I have come across a topic like this(at least a few hours). You know what I wish, I wish I did not have to come across this topic five times a day, everyday. I know it's a pipe dream of mine that I will come on this site and not see one of these topics for a whole day, but you can't stop me from dreaming. If paying $35 to $40 dollars a year which works out to be about $2.92 to $3.33 a month, then I just don't have an answer for you. Then again just skip one fast food meal a month which will good for you, then you could afford that insanely high price of about $3 dollars a month. I'm Jason and this has been a message to all of you who constantly whine and moan non stop about paying for live.

ummm its pretty understandable why people moan all the time. They can not wrap their heads around the idea of charging for a service that ps3 and PC offer for free, regardless of whether those services are missing a feature or two that xbox live has. There thinking of it from a consumer point of view where it benefits them, while your thinking of it from a "of course the company wants to **** over the consumer, so we might as well bend over and not make a peep. As long as I get to play xbox."
---
Gamertag XL:CRAZYjump
Winner: Dark Souls
#16jorgestevensonPosted 2/15/2013 5:01:40 AM
DarthJasonG posted...
Wow, it's been such a long time since I have come across a topic like this(at least a few hours). You know what I wish, I wish I did not have to come across this topic five times a day, everyday. I know it's a pipe dream of mine that I will come on this site and not see one of these topics for a whole day, but you can't stop me from dreaming. If paying $35 to $40 dollars a year which works out to be about $2.92 to $3.33 a month, then I just don't have an answer for you. Then again just skip one fast food meal a month which will good for you, then you could afford that insanely high price of about $3 dollars a month. I'm Jason and this has been a message to all of you who constantly whine and moan non stop about paying for live.

Politician proposes an oxygen tax. Microsoft fanboys immediately rejoice -

What, you can't afford a $1,000 per year oxygen tax? Dude, that's only $0.11 per hour. You're telling me you can't afford $0.11 for an hour of breathing!? LOL go move to China or Brazil - yeah the oxygen might be free there but there's more chemicals. In this country we pay for our oxygen and get the best oxygen on earth.

No.

Oxygen is free. Online multiplayer is free.
#17GrimHeroPosted 2/15/2013 5:05:13 AM
I think it is more likely that PS will pick up an online subscription to play games. I'm sure as a business they see how well Microsoft is doing and how willing people are to pay for it. You can also see them taking steps in that direction with PS+. I'm sure the only reason they don't have you pay to play games online right now is because it wasn't part of the deal from the beginning. With the PS4 they can offer party chat and other features that LIVE does, and then say that is the reason for a LIVE like subscription model.
---
GT: huzzaa v1
PSN: huzzaa_v1
#18DarthJasonGPosted 2/15/2013 5:07:57 AM
hak145 posted...
DarthJasonG posted...

ummm its pretty understandable why people moan all the time. They can not wrap their heads around the idea of charging for a service that ps3 and PC offer for free, regardless of whether those services are missing a feature or two that xbox live has. There thinking of it from a consumer point of view where it benefits them, while your thinking of it from a "of course the company wants to **** over the consumer, so we might as well bend over and not make a peep. As long as I get to play xbox."

Listen man, I get your point, as well as everyone else who whines all the time, I really do. My problem is that for some very stupid reason, it seams to be the number one topic on this board, I get it, you people don't like paying for live, but you don't need to tell me that 10 times everyday. TBH, even if you pay the full price, is five dollars a month really so bad? Can you honestly tell me that you don't spend at least that much every month on something less meaningful? I am far, far from rich, but there is not one person on this entire site that has ever heard me complain about anything except when I get tired of seeing so many people complain about the dumbest of dumb thins. Never about the price of anything, never about why this game or that game has features taken out or not included, never about glitches, or never about how short or how long a game is. Could I complain? Yes I could and there are things that bother me, but where will that get me on this site, no where, and it will certainly not change anything. All that and I know I can't be the only one tired of seeing this crap all the time.
---
You don't know the power of the dark side. gamer tag DarthJasonJG
#19GeistPosted 2/15/2013 5:10:22 AM
So should cable TV and water, but alas such is life.
---
Currently playing: Mass Effect 3
#20ILikesCheesePosted 2/15/2013 5:21:03 AM
Young Playa posted...
Xbox Live should be free at this point

And have it resemble PSN?

No thanks.

Have your parents give you a bigger allowance so you can pay for it, make good grades in school and college, and then one day you too will be an adult with a good paying job and scoff at the $60 a year price tag. Of course, by THEN it will probably be $80 a year, but hopefully you'll simply shrug at that too. Unless of course you're just making minimum wage and the Republicans continue to keep you in the lower class. :)
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?