This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Xbox Live should be free at this point.

#21masterlouPosted 2/15/2013 6:49:48 AM
"you always get what you pay for" which explains why psn is bad
i for one would rather pay for a service like xbl..... what sony fanboys should be asking is what sony is gonna charge for psn in the next gen
---
" the discovery channel has monkeys and our vcr has gone wonkey" .. anya:: GT:alieneraser
#22chrono625Posted 2/15/2013 7:17:59 AM
On gamefaqs: If people feel something isn't worth it's cost, you automatically are either; cheap, poor or living with mom and dad.

Does it ever occur to people that maybe JUST MAYBE other people value what they get?

Is this the reason we get half ass cash grab releases all the time and they charge $60?

Personally I agree that it should be a free service. But I also understand they are running a business. It's why I only pay for subs when the cards are on sale for like $30 for the year.
---
http://tinyurl.com/7wjgorf - Super Bowl XLVI Champions - NY Giants
Eli Manning SB tracker: 2/2 Superbowls 2/2 SBMVP's
#23GeistPosted 2/15/2013 7:33:00 AM
chrono625 posted...
On gamefaqs: If people feel something isn't worth it's cost, you automatically are either; cheap, poor or living with mom and dad.

Does it ever occur to people that maybe JUST MAYBE other people value what they get?

Is this the reason we get half ass cash grab releases all the time and they charge $60?

Personally I agree that it should be a free service. But I also understand they are running a business. It's why I only pay for subs when the cards are on sale for like $30 for the year.

It was a nice try, but when complaining about others who throw out insults by throwing out your own is no way to solve the issue.
---
Currently playing: Mass Effect 3
#24chrono625Posted 2/15/2013 7:34:45 AM
Geist posted...
chrono625 posted...

It was a nice try, but when complaining about others who throw out insults by throwing out your own is no way to solve the issue.

What insults? The fact that people like to have value for their purchases is wrong?
---
http://tinyurl.com/7wjgorf - Super Bowl XLVI Champions - NY Giants
Eli Manning SB tracker: 2/2 Superbowls 2/2 SBMVP's
#25SunDevil77Posted 2/15/2013 7:35:57 AM
Well, tc, now that you ask, Cholula is good on almost anything but when I'm feeling like a wild and crazy guy, I'll switch it up and use Tabasco's Smoky Chipotle.
---
Royal with Cheese. What do they call a Big Mac? Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it Le Big Mac.
#26_Elite_Bushido_Posted 2/15/2013 7:51:39 AM
GameFAQs should be troll free at this point.

since we have Nintendo fanboy moderators. that wont ever happen
---
I'm a PC gamer, I don't like leaving the house or accepting packages from an actual person.- Xeeh_Bitz
http://tinyurl.com/8eufxdl
#27otisanimePosted 2/15/2013 8:07:49 AM(edited)
PSN is far from "bad", that's just plain an exageration. It's an 80% to XBOX Live's 85%. The gap is not that god damned large, and I've used both extensively.

What gets my goat, though, is that it's plainly clear that console users are being taken advantage of. RIGHT in their faces. Microsoft does it, and laughs. and people are like "Can I spends more money master?"

It'd be one thing if the service actually offered... something that, you know, EVERY SERVICE OF IT'S TYPE THAT EXISTED AND EXISTS RIGHT NOW DIDN'T FOR FREE.

But no, that's not even it. That's not even it at all. The biggest point of all was they TRIED to bring XBOX Live to PC, and they TRIED to charge money for it. But PC gamers aren't as stupid and naive and easy to bait and tempt with "HERE, SPEND MONEY ON SOMETHING, YOU LOVE TO DO THAT RIGHT?" as console gamers. So, you know what happened? XBOX Live on PC, the same service, near about, you freaking pay for, was made FREE on PC.

It's one thing to pay it because exclusives exist, or your friends are playing on it. You're sort of cornered into it then, and you should feel, at the very least, you're reluctantly having to pay for it. That's certainly one thing.

It's another to defend the price, to act like anything that's cheap shouldn't have it's price looked at, and moreover, ignore all other services of that type elsewhere, and simply go on a tirade against them and trash them just to make your foolish purchases seem better.

MOST people who defend XBOX Live's cost fall into several categories:

1) Extreme capitalist
2) Sad defender of Microsoft
3) Doesn't like paying it, but wants to defend their purchase

also, XBOX Live will never be free. Like a friend of mine says, chickens coming home to roost.

If anything, the price is going to go up even more. It's easy to sucker people who want to be suckered.
---
PSN: OtimusPSN // XBOX Live: Otimus // Steam: mightypotatojones
Now playing: Tribes Ascend (PC)
#28SunDevil77Posted 2/15/2013 8:00:06 AM
Feel better, Otis?
---
Royal with Cheese. What do they call a Big Mac? Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it Le Big Mac.
#29zinsindettaPosted 2/15/2013 8:01:03 AM
PSN is so bad I would pay more then 60 a year for live.
---
Gamertag/PSN - http://gamercards.exophase.com/31441.png
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/CareerStats/default.aspx?player=SinZinDetta
#30otisanimePosted 2/15/2013 8:03:50 AM
SunDevil77 posted...
Feel better, Otis?

No.
---
PSN: OtimusPSN // XBOX Live: Otimus // Steam: mightypotatojones
Now playing: Tribes Ascend (PC)