This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Xbox Live should be free at this point.

#51bossk5Posted 2/15/2013 9:30:09 AM
flame030191 posted...
ILikesCheese posted...
Young Playa posted...
Xbox Live should be free at this point

And have it resemble PSN?

No thanks.

Have your parents give you a bigger allowance so you can pay for it, make good grades in school and college, and then one day you too will be an adult with a good paying job and scoff at the $60 a year price tag. Of course, by THEN it will probably be $80 a year, but hopefully you'll simply shrug at that too. Unless of course you're just making minimum wage and the Republicans continue to keep you in the lower class. :)

You mean ad-free, fully functional, and easy to use and navigate?

PSN isn't ad free.
---
Welcome to Gamefaqs, where trolls run rampant. I buy used games.Pacers 3- whatever...I give up
#52TBONE_OGPosted 2/15/2013 9:33:25 AM
XBL is free... to everyone. It's XBL Gold that's not free.

Few things:

Happy to see Winternova in here knocking some heads.

For the guy who compared oxygen and XBL.... absolutely ridiculous. Just stop.

XBL has cross game chat, thriving community. Oh and the ADS are great. Useful, easy to see and informative. They aren't pop up ads or in anyway annoying.

Some options guys. Either pay up and shut up, or piss off and use pc and psn.

Us paying customers who enjoy XBL Gold value our service. End of story.
---
Always O.G.
#53TheRobPosted 2/15/2013 9:36:56 AM
Personally, I think they should just drop the whole pay-to-play online thing and just rip-off PSN+.

I like XBox 360 about 100 times better, but Sony definitely does a better job rewarding their customer loyalty. Microsoft would still be making a killing with subscription fees.
---
The People's Heel
IF YA SMEELLLALALAO..WHAT THE ROB IS COOKING !!!
'B-|
#54TBONE_OGPosted 2/15/2013 9:45:08 AM
Personally, I think they should just drop the whole pay-to-play online thing and just rip-off PSN+.

I like XBox 360 about 100 times better, but Sony definitely does a better job rewarding their customer loyalty. Microsoft would still be making a killing with subscription fees.

That would make sense for next gen, not this one. I personally don't care if they make online play free or not. If anything, if they made it free, then at least it would kill lame topics such as this one.

But MS has been very generous with sales and free games that you actually get to keep. They have a reward system built in as well - cash back, and free MS points. Also there's Bing where you can get free MS points and such.
---
Always O.G.
#55ILikesCheesePosted 2/15/2013 10:37:18 AM
flame030191 posted...
ILikesCheese posted...
Young Playa posted...

No thanks.

No, I meant maddeningly slow download speeds, spotty online multiplayer, troublesome router configurations and a very counter-intuitive dashboard display.

I find it ever so simple to ignore the Xbox ads, so I don't know why some Playstation types continually bring that up as a major sticking point. Also, in case you were not aware, I do indeed have both consoles and prefer to play all non-exclusive MP games over Xbox Live. The only things PSN has had going for it for the last few years in my opinion has been the browser in which I could connect to Pandora, and the ability to play free Amazon videos through my Prime account.

As for Otis's post...No. Just no son. Way too simpleminded points there.
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#56ILikesCheesePosted 2/15/2013 10:38:37 AM
Winternova posted...
otisanime posted...
Actually, most of those things aren't done "on their servers", but via peer-to-peer

If that's the case, then just play peer-to-peer online without using the Xbox LIVE service if their servers aren't involved.

Slam and dunk. Ouch.
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#57otisanimePosted 2/15/2013 3:27:09 PM
ILikesCheese posted...
flame030191 posted...
ILikesCheese posted...
Young Playa posted...

No thanks.

No, I meant maddeningly slow download speeds, spotty online multiplayer, troublesome router configurations and a very counter-intuitive dashboard display.

I find it ever so simple to ignore the Xbox ads, so I don't know why some Playstation types continually bring that up as a major sticking point. Also, in case you were not aware, I do indeed have both consoles and prefer to play all non-exclusive MP games over Xbox Live. The only things PSN has had going for it for the last few years in my opinion has been the browser in which I could connect to Pandora, and the ability to play free Amazon videos through my Prime account.

As for Otis's post...No. Just no son. Way too simpleminded points there.

What? How about saying it in detail instead of making a funny little quasi-insulting remark. What is simple minded about it? What is wrong about it?
---
PSN: OtimusPSN // XBOX Live: Otimus // Steam: mightypotatojones
Now playing: Tribes Ascend (PC)
#58otisanimePosted 2/15/2013 3:28:18 PM
Winternova posted...
otisanime posted...
Actually, most of those things aren't done "on their servers", but via peer-to-peer

If that's the case, then just play peer-to-peer online without using the Xbox LIVE service if their servers aren't involved.

Oh, there's definitely some involvement, sure. But no more than anything else. Mostly matchmaking services. Most of the communication is no more intensive than an IM client is or some such.

More to the point. Is there anything you flat out won't defend when it involves money?
---
PSN: OtimusPSN // XBOX Live: Otimus // Steam: mightypotatojones
Now playing: Tribes Ascend (PC)
#59Ginsu VictimPosted 2/15/2013 3:35:44 PM
I pay a mortgage while other people have free government housing. Guess which dwelling is better?
---
I'M RUNNIN' THIS MONKEY FARM NOW, FRANKENSTEIN!!! - Capt. Rhodes, Day of the Dead (1985)
#60EM_MegaPosted 2/15/2013 3:44:35 PM
Super Creatures posted...
GameFAQs should be troll free at this point.

This.
---
Main: Nova/Spencer/Hawkeye
Side: Strider/Dante/Doom