This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Xbox Live should be free at this point.

#61godplaysSNESPosted 2/15/2013 5:07:25 PM
Ginsu Victim posted...
I pay a mortgage while other people have free government housing. Guess which dwelling is better?

The multiplats people play online for free on the PC/PS3 are the same as the ones that cost on the 360
---
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!
#62Satchmo25Posted 2/15/2013 5:15:42 PM
I'd honestly rather have to pay for XBL. Right now I have options... Free PSN which sucks and offers spotty service with a nonexistent community or pay a fee to subscribe to XBL which is far more reliable and has more features. If they made XBL free I'd worry the service would degrade to PSN levels and then I would have a choice of services anymore.
---
GameFAQS... a forum where the mods fall asleep for days at a time and when they do their job, they do it badly.
#63ChezDispenserPosted 2/15/2013 5:36:04 PM
Someone go find me four people talking on Killzone 3, right now. Hell, do it on anything other than Call of Duty.

Find me communication and teamwork. Oh? What's that? You can't?

Well maybe if you had party chat to invite your friends--oh, not even one-on-one private voice chat? So no socializing at all while you're playing online then. Well, good for you.
---
Goddamn!
#64Ginsu VictimPosted 2/15/2013 5:43:17 PM
godplaysSNES posted...
Ginsu Victim posted...
I pay a mortgage while other people have free government housing. Guess which dwelling is better?

The multiplats people play online for free on the PC/PS3 are the same as the ones that cost on the 360

I'm talking about the services, not the games.
---
I'M RUNNIN' THIS MONKEY FARM NOW, FRANKENSTEIN!!! - Capt. Rhodes, Day of the Dead (1985)
#65mrshowtime333Posted 2/18/2013 9:34:03 AM
There is not a single individual, that has both a PS3 and Xbox, that would prefer PS3 to Xbox live.

The quality of service is night and day difference.

Listen kids, in life you often get what you, or your parents, pay for. Me personally, I like to know that Live is gonna work when I get on. I like to know ill be able to chat with friends even if the games chat quality blows, which is often the case.

Quality service costs money. Just like anything else of quality.
#66AkaimizuPosted 2/18/2013 9:42:41 AM
True. PS3 service is but a shadow of Xbox Live's service right now. However, since it seems Sony learned more of the reason why they couldn't emulate Live correctly on the PS3, they'll probably fix things for PS4. I'm kind of hoping they will have learned from that, and learned from the Vita (never to allow programs to just shut down network services while they run and promote it in your own software), to put a fully working effort in the PS4 system and upgrade PSN to that. Live isn't going to change their pricing plan until a console gives them the true 1-for-1 online feature competition AND sells with the capability of Voice chat *out of the box*.

Microsoft has to be forced. I actually do want that to happen. Just that nobody has quite done that yet. They always leave out a number of key features and basically try to make a frankenstein version with various separate programs trying to emulate it.
---
"because 'Clerks' is NINJA in itself." - Ninja Mask lessons by Vern Reid (http://houseofninja.com/tutorial.php)
#67IIICE_COLDPosted 2/18/2013 10:13:23 AM
Young Playa posted...
With Next-Gen consoles coming out real soon, Microsoft should really change their online fees. Sony seems like they will come in with the heavy guns and while Xbox 360 was a better console than PS3, a good portion of 360 users switched to PS3 for obvious reasons. Hopefully the next Xbox changes the way online is played? What does everyone else think?

I'm sincerely not paying for it anymore... I don't hold myself above anyone else (and never have), which is why I speak to the public on a regular basis and compete against ANYONE on the face of the earth. But I also happen to be one of the best video game competitors on the planet, and the game I am (best) at just seems to be rigged with hackers, frauds and people who wouldn't be able to beat me with (otherwise) legitimate matchups.

And listen, I know there are hackers, etcetera everywhere and it's hard for the people at Xbox Live to take care of glitchers, hackers, FRAUDS (who aren't otherwise able to compete at the World Class level without rigged matchups or fraud), etc. My only point is that I'm not going to sit here and PAY for predatorial (actually, what I'd consider WANNA BE predators) sitting around pretending they're hot shots because they know how to glitch, hack and cheat.

If I want to compete, I'd rather just assume do it on Mortal Kombat mastermind, Ed Boon's Injustice in 1v1's at professional level tournaments where there is virtually no possibility of hacking --- or (at least) hacking that won't be video taped --- AND on the PS3, not the 360.

But again... To reiterate... I'm sure the folks at the Xbox Live staff are trying to do their best. But I'm just not going to pay to sit here and watch people glitch leaderboards and constantly glitch outside of the map in game because they're scared to play me.
---
XBL GT: IIICE KOLD (Formerly known as IIICE COLD)