This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Stop saying "LOL u cant afford 3.50/month 4 xboxlive?!" (Warning: itt baww)

#1StroutXPosted 2/15/2013 12:50:40 AM
... "u can buy a $400 system n complain about chump change?"...etc.
Here's the issue.

I had a great job. I would go store to store in the surrounding states (Lived in Maryland) for a home improvement store teaching safety and making sure the entire store (the ENTIRE) store was safe. I'm talking anything from bent shelves, trip hazards, fire hazards, to teaching and coaching on what to do for situations such as "Code Adam". I wasn't making a LOT of money, but I was really damn comfortable. Had a good savings account...etc.

Then my daughter gets ill two years ago. Not going into specifics, but let me give you an example- Her medicine (12 different ones) for 3 months was close to $9000, and her hospital bills quickly went over $100,000. Medical Insurance started fighting me over it, and refused to pay for a large portion. While trying to get this straightened out over the course of a few months, I lose my job. Because some kid decided to climb a display at a store I signed off on a few days earlier. Now they(medical) wont even take my phone calls. Lawyers are just as bad.

My savings's spent. LOST my house. Our only car broke down and was reposessed (while it was at the mechanics). Kid's in the hospital as I speak. Me and the wife are living in a week to week run down apartment. Unemployment only does so much. I have gone to temp agencies who have nothing for me (which is bull****), factories, and hell, I even tried McDonalds. No one is calling back, and everyone just says "we'll get back to you" if I call them. I can't even get a job delivering the damn newspaper. I became suicidal, and not going into anything deeper than that, I am now on some medicine of my own.

Long story short (too late mirite)- I lost everything. Every week we have to limit what we can spend. Usually by the end of the week, we only have a few dollars, literally. I've even sold my old rings and collectibles. However, instead of drinking at night... I play Xbox. Netflix...etc. I always try and find something to make me laugh. America's Funniest Home Videos. Arrested Development...etc. Even went back to play some of my old games. I talk to my friends online, and smiles are made. The only reason I haven't sold it, is because when the kid does come out of the hospital for a week or so at a time, she plays it and uses netflix to watch her cartoons.

TL:DR
XBox is literally my own escape from depression, but when I'm suddenly too poor to buy a meal at McDonalds... $38 is unreachable.

And as stupid as it sounds, it feels good writing this all out. Though I'm sure I'll be waiting for a flood of jerks to slam me for this. It's 2:48am. Insomnia. I'm going to work on my resume.
#2Banana_ManaPosted 2/15/2013 12:52:53 AM
"LOL u cant afford 3.50/month 4 xboxlive?!"

I don't even know what it means, but I refuse to stop saying it.

---
An Englishman, an Irishman and a Scotsman walk into a bar. The barman looks at them and says: "Is this some kind of a joke?
#3blakbird13Posted 2/15/2013 1:05:49 AM(edited)
It's only 12:01 where I'm at and I'm converting some Scrubs videos for my PC, I hate DVD's... Anyways I can't believe anybody would care about price at this point in the systems life... And Amazon had it for $39 last week... I never pay $60 for Live... Time to label some videos...
#4CapwnDPosted 2/15/2013 1:09:57 AM
I've been flat out broke, deep in the hole myself. No money for car, matter of time before eviction, no money for food, no money for anything, no unemployment, nothing. Sucks. Luckily I still had electricity, no cable or internet for almost a year. Things slowly got better.

I don't remember every stressing out about not having XBL, I remember when my subscription ended. But I guess to be fair, it was only online play and no netflix or anything.

Good luck, I'd like to say that things will get better and that bad things may sometimes happen for a reason, but that's meaningless and certainly no comfort at this point.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#5MaddMan999Posted 2/15/2013 1:35:59 AM(edited)
3.50?!?!!?? I'm paying 5$ per month.... Damn you Canada!

---
Signature
#6Banana_ManaPosted 2/15/2013 1:14:27 AM
Anyways...

(A serious post this time)

Being broke is part of life... Growing up and figuring money / savings and so on out.
It's difficult to balance everything, and to ensure that you have a regular amount coming in.
You will figure it out. And when you do all these problems will seem easier in the future.

Good luck, don't get too bummed out!
---
An Englishman, an Irishman and a Scotsman walk into a bar. The barman looks at them and says: "Is this some kind of a joke?
#7SS_MetalSonicPosted 2/15/2013 1:15:33 AM
xbox live seems like the last thing you should be thinking about, since you cant afford $3.50 -$5.00 a month.
---
PSWiiPC60DS - Deus Ex, Crysis, Skyward Sword, Black ops 2, Farcry 3
Forza 4, Rage, InFamous 2, Darksiders 2, Vanquish, NBA2K13, Halo 4, Skyrim, Borderlands
#8blakbird13Posted 2/15/2013 1:17:20 AM
I didn't read your entire post I just thought it was just another price thing... Sorry for your problems and your daughters... Hope everything works out for you...
#9glassghost0Posted 2/15/2013 1:19:49 AM
I have 0 dollars in my wallet right now, and probably 20 bucks in the bank, I have almost 1000 dollars a month in bills

$35 a year for Gold is nothing
---
www.youtube.com/GlassGhost428
#10Banana_ManaPosted 2/15/2013 1:21:49 AM
glassghost0 posted...
I have 0 dollars in my wallet right now, and probably 20 bucks in the bank, I have almost 1000 dollars a month in bills

$35 a year for Gold is nothing

Hey.

I have 0 in my wallet!!!

*high-five*

Does the $1,000 dollars include rent / mortgage?

<If this is too personal feel free to ignore the hell outta it>
---