This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Microsoft hates Australia.

#41PokenubPosted 2/16/2013 12:17:23 AM
Well, it is a bit hard to idolise someone who jumped on massive animals with no regard for his own life. He was brave as hell, sure but also foolish.

Just make sure you're idolising the bravery, not the idioticy.
---
XBOX 360 GT: Invghost
Games I am looking forward to: Super Motherload, Mewgenics.
#42Arucard05Posted 2/16/2013 12:22:13 AM

I admire him as a Conservationist, and him more than anybody instilled in me a love for wildlife and a desire to see them protected.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
Do you want to read awesomely rad reviews and articles? No? ****.
#43megacookiemanPosted 2/16/2013 12:29:11 AM(edited)
Pokenub posted...
Well, it is a bit hard to idolise someone who jumped on massive animals with no regard for his own life. He was brave as hell, sure but also foolish.

Correct me if I'm wrong - but Steve was idolized more in the US/UK then he actually was over here.

Also I have in a way - cursed the name ever since Bindi was given the rights to host that kids show.

If i had my preference - the greatest outdoors man/wildlife guy is Russell Coight - even if he was fictional
---
I chose the blue pill
#44PokenubPosted 2/16/2013 1:02:16 AM
Arucard05 posted...

I admire him as a Conservationist, and him more than anybody instilled in me a love for wildlife and a desire to see them protected.

Well you're all good then :P.
---
XBOX 360 GT: Invghost
Games I am looking forward to: Super Motherload, Mewgenics.
#45mantezPosted 2/16/2013 1:07:36 AM
Jograd7 posted...
We Australians don't even have The Walking Dead Episodes (XBLA). "Too violent"

We don't have the game because the publisher didn't want to submit it for rating. It wasn't refused as it was never submitted.
---
The ship is safer in the harbour, but it is not meant for that.
#46WWE_Y2JERICHOPosted 2/16/2013 2:20:43 AM
TheBlueStig posted...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_banned_video_games_in_Australia

Lots of stuff banned in Australia.

The only real game of note there is Left 4 Dead 2.

Manhunt and a few of those that were originally already released here before can be found in bargain bins around the country. I picked up Manhunt in 2008 IIRC. The whole "we ban everything" stigma we get is way overblown.

Plus we are getting an R18+ Rating now so I highly doubt we'll be seeing games banned or censored here much longer.
#47656stoogePosted 2/16/2013 2:28:58 AM
Arucard05 posted...
I'm sure it's mostly in jest. We make fun of a lot of countries based on silly stereotypes but we don't really mean it (Canada sucks though.)

Australia is a beautiful country. Girls with Australian accents are hot, and one of my biggest heroes ever is Australian.

RIP Steve Irwin.

What is this? Are you trying to make me feel ill?
---
Meet the new love of my life--
http://itotd.com/view/80/
#48Super CreaturesPosted 2/16/2013 8:21:22 PM
Cojirosean posted...
HellsingOrg posted...
Why would anyone want to live in Australia?

No guns
Great beaches
Humorous politics
No Americans

This makes me want to ask the original question again.

SparkItUp posted...
It's actually a very beautiful country. I went there previously for a vacation and it was wonderful.

There are many places that are nice to visit, but I sure as **** wouldn't want to live there.

Louisiana is a nice place to visit, with lots of family in the region, but I wouldn't want to live there, or anywhere else in the south again.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#49_LordAndSaviorPosted 2/16/2013 8:32:15 PM
It's because the Australian Government is insane with there ridiculous policies on everything.
---
Will not change this sig, until Carlito is a World Champion! 7/10/11 (Unofficial Date: 6/11/05)
R.I.P Shauwk, Gone but Never Forgotten. You will be missed.
#50656stoogePosted 2/16/2013 8:34:45 PM
_LordAndSavior posted...
It's because the Australian Government is insane with there ridiculous policies on everything.

List three examples:

Go!
---
Meet the new love of my life--
http://itotd.com/view/80/