This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are you considering changing consoles next gen?

#71Res5Posted 2/15/2013 12:06:42 PM
memphis12 posted...
Quote:Switching implies that there's anything to switch to. I have all of the consoles and handhelds from this generation.
@Res5

Then this topic doesn't apply to you friend.

Maybe but a bit of input doesn't hurt. I suppose I could TRULY contribute and just say that I plan to get a Wii-U first and foremost at least even if I eventually plan to get them all. I only just barely got my 360 and PSP at the end of the cycle and the same could happen to the others, especially since I'm trying to get an apartment and need all the money I can get.
---
My theme song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBjQ9tuuTJQ
Most people think they are the odd one out but never truly are. I am that one who actually is. :D
#72memphis12(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 12:13:23 PM
Quote:memphis12 posted...
Quote:Switching implies that there's anything to switch to. I have all of the consoles and handhelds from this generation.
@Res5

Then this topic doesn't apply to you friend.

Maybe but a bit of input doesn't hurt. I suppose I could TRULY contribute and just say that I plan to get a Wii-U first and foremost at least even if I eventually plan to get them all. I only just barely got my 360 and PSP at the end of the cycle and the same could happen to the others, especially since I'm trying to get an apartment and need all the money I can get.

@Res5

Thanks for the input. Just curious as to what people are maybe leaning towards, that are in same boat as me.

I have another baby on way, new car & new house (although mortgage will be cheaper) but... It's not even that. I just don't want to stay with a console out of stubbornness and loyalty alone. I truly hope Microsoft does enough to convince me as I need my next console to justify my purchase. ( oh, and it doesn't help my fiancé holds the purse strings... So need to get it right first time around )
---
'I wrestled with an alligator,I tussled with a whale,only last week I murdered a rock, injured a stone, hospitalized a brick. I'm so mean I make medicine sick.'
#73ThePCElitistPosted 2/15/2013 12:17:20 PM(edited)
Quote:PC gaming isnt expensive??
@liam_000

It's only as expensive as you want it to be. A $600-$700 investment will get you a gaming PC that will last the next 3 years without an upgrade. You could get an extra 2 out of that if you buy a high end GPU from the start. A console costs $300-$600 at launch not counting $60 controllers, online fees, $59.99 games, etc.

You pay $60 for new games and I pay $40 for mine. That really adds up. Also consider the fact that Steam sales basically give away games for lunch money all the time.
---
i5-2500k @ 4.6 GHz - 8GB DDR3 Ripjaws XSeries - MSI Twin Frozr GTX 680 2GB SC - EVGA GTX 560 SC as PhysX - 3 TB 7,200 RPM HDD - ASRock z68 extreme3gen3
#74Res5Posted 2/15/2013 12:17:36 PM
I hold no real loyalty to consoles but they are a BIG purchase and I don't make enough money to just buy a new console casually if I wanna eat. it'll be even harder when I have an apartment and have to take care of all the bills myself instead of splitting with my mom and my brother but I think I can manage it.

Wii-U has all of my interest because of the games it's getting like Monster Hunter Ultimate, Yoshi's Epic Yarn (not actual game name), Fire Emblem x Shin Megami Tensei, etc.
---
Most people think they are the odd one out but never truly are. I am that one who actually is. :D
#75wolf_blitzer85Posted 2/15/2013 12:40:37 PM
nothingbeast posted...
I'm waiting for details, but i'm leaning towards the next MS console.

Leaning very strongly, though.

It likely is going to block used games. You ok with that??
---
Im for the revocation of the 2nd Amendment; guns have no place in society anymore, especially not assault weapons. The police can protect citizens.
#76Res5Posted 2/15/2013 12:42:24 PM
wolf_blitzer85 posted...
nothingbeast posted...
I'm waiting for details, but i'm leaning towards the next MS console.

Leaning very strongly, though.

It likely is going to block used games. You ok with that??

As if that's such a terrible thing. We all buy used but we COULD live without it quite easily. The rate at which you buy games may slow but you'll still be getting games and you'll KNOW they are in good condition thanks to them being new at all times.
---
#77xxSkyShadowxxPosted 2/15/2013 1:08:26 PM
I'm not getting either....not right away anyway. I've got plenty of games to play on my 360 and PS3 for now anyway. But I am not happy with the turn the industry has taken over the last couple of years...so I am going to watch and see not just what Sony and Microsoft does....but the behavior of the publishers as well. If they start to become more consumer-friendly again, then I will purchase the console that has the game selection I like the best initially, then maybe buy the other a few years later (like I did this gen)...but if they don't, meh I'll play boardgames and PC games till the next next generation. :P
#78YEMbotPosted 2/15/2013 1:14:37 PM
I'm a gamer. As such, as soon as a system has enough games to justify a purchase, I will buy it.

I have no allegiance to some massive corporation who doesn't give a flying **** about me in the fist place. I just like video games.
---
"First come smiles, then lies. Last comes gunfire." -Roland Deschain, of Gilead
#79nodleyPosted 2/15/2013 1:22:55 PM
If most games are again cross platform I'll pick the cheapest.
---
http://www.unikgamer.com/users/msg-2323.html
#80DarthSchubertPosted 2/15/2013 1:30:16 PM
I'm definitely waiting for more details, but I am leaning towards switching from Xbox to PS4. I am a PC gamer primarily, and I think of the console exclusives, the PS3 had the most games I really missed out on. If that trend continues, I'll want the PS4. But two things really matter to me...

1) I probably won't buy until ~1 year after release to decide which system I
want.
2) Any addition peripherals will matter to me. So for example, if one console has a clear advantage like the PS3 did with blu-ray, I'd go for that one.
---
"Life is like a box of chocolates. Diabetics can't enjoy either."