This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

One thing I don't like about current gen

#1spooonybardPosted 2/15/2013 6:21:14 AM
Lack of local co-op. It seems like half the time, games are co-op or multi-player online only. So you get some new game that's supposed to have co-op, some friends come over and you're like, "Hey, I have _____ _____ 3. It has co-op now!" Only to boot it up and find that the co-op is online only and I'm left with this huge disappointment.
#2DarkSymbiotePosted 2/15/2013 6:22:31 AM
Well, publishers feel local co-op would not make them enough money through Online Passes.
---
My Resident Evil 6 Review| My XCOM: Enemy Unknown Review
http://bitly.com/Z2CT6n | http://bit.ly/RJGjrn
#3SunDevil77Posted 2/15/2013 6:26:47 AM
'tis one of the reasons I love the Halo series so much. You can do basically everything in the game with local co op
---
Royal with Cheese. What do they call a Big Mac? Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it Le Big Mac.
#4Chewy247Posted 2/15/2013 6:32:43 AM
Get a Wii U then.
---
#TimesUpPunk
#5memphis12Posted 2/15/2013 6:45:32 AM
I think one of the worst things this gen was some racing games removing split screen. I know it's not the same thing, but made me think of that. I would love all new gen games to have co-op, but realistically I know this wont happen (one can dream)

(Plus, local co-op would mean only a silver account was needed)
---
'I wrestled with an alligator,I tussled with a whale,only last week I murdered a rock, injured a stone, hospitalized a brick. I'm so mean I make medicine sick.'
#6KAMMYqueenPosted 2/15/2013 7:04:20 AM
spooonybard posted...
Lack of local co-op. It seems like half the time, games are co-op or multi-player online only. So you get some new game that's supposed to have co-op, some friends come over and you're like, "Hey, I have _____ _____ 3. It has co-op now!" Only to boot it up and find that the co-op is online only and I'm left with this huge disappointment.

wow it just started and people are finding things to whine about
---
KAMMY KOOPA and baby kammy koopa must be in Super Smash bros 4! For the People!
#7lastrockerPosted 2/15/2013 8:05:07 AM
KAMMYqueen posted...
spooonybard posted...

wow it just started and people are finding things to whine about

what exactly are you whining about? what "just started"?
#8rdking96Posted 2/15/2013 8:35:30 AM(edited)
I wholeheartedly agree TC. Some of my favorite gaming experiences have been Co-op games with buddies.

There's a reason people still boot up the N64 to play Smash Bros, Mario Kart, and Goldeneye, and it's not for the SP (well it might be...but let's be serious...the MP aspect is a huge draw towards their everlasting popularity).
---
"There won't be any money...but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness...So I got that goin' for me - which is nice."
#9nothingbeastPosted 2/15/2013 8:57:50 AM
I agree.

Couch co-op should always be available.

It's nice to have the online community to play with, but sometimes I just feel like inviting my non-gaming friends over to play... or my friends who don't own a 360.

My nephew has a PS3 and plays most of the same games I do. However, since couch co-op is almost never an option, he and I never play together.
---
~I was stomping goombas and saving princesses long before most of you were born.
#10MR_SorenPosted 2/15/2013 12:47:21 PM
Warriors Orochi 3 is pretty good for local Co-op. it's also in Halo 4, CoD BO2, Earth Defense Force, Guardian Heroes, Deathsmiles, and surely plenty of other games.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
Blog: http://www.red-grenade.com