This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How much will launch titles announced for Next Xbox factor into your selection?

#1DrShag1134Posted 2/15/2013 9:46:29 AM
As an owner of both 360 and PS3, games are a big factor to which console I put the most time on. So taking the all rumors of no used games, always on, etc. and setting that aside.
Will the launch titles announced for both gaming systems keep you from picking up one over the other (or perhaps get you to pick up both)?

Rumored launch window titles:

NEW XBOX (exclusives):
- Destiny
- Alan Wake 2
- Forza Motorsport 5 or PGR 5 (not both)
- Killer Instinct (big surprise at debut event)
- Shadow Complex 2 (XBLA launch title)
- Fortnite
- Whatever dancing crap from Harmonix

PS4 (exclusives):
- Killzone 4
- Motorstorm
- Uncharted 4 (thinking they'll show it, but not a launch title)
- The Last Guardian (please!)
- Little Big Planet 3
- Syphon Filter reboot (big surprise on 2/20)

3rd party games on both platforms:
- Star Wars 1313
- Watch Dogs
- Dark Souls 2
- Battlefield 4
- Batman 3
- Modern Warfare 4
- Thief 4
- Dead Rising 3
- Madden 25
- NBA 2k14
- NHL 14
- WWE 14
- UFC 14

Regardless it's looks like it should be an awesome fall for all us gamers!
---
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
PSN/XBL: DrShag1134
#2nothingbeastPosted 2/15/2013 9:51:24 AM(edited)
Launch titles factor very highly in my decision. And i'm not putting any stock into rumored launch titles any more than I do console rumors themselves. I will wait and see what's announced.

I'm not real keen on buying whatever crappy game is available just to play on "the new hotness".

If the new console doesn't have at least 2 or 3 must have titles (in my opinion) I won't buy it until it does.

Besides... I'm sure I'll still have a 360 backlog to work on until that happens.
---
~I was stomping goombas and saving princesses long before most of you were born.
#3Perfect LightPosted 2/15/2013 9:51:37 AM(edited)
The controller and interface, as well as multiplats running better on 360 are why I play 360. There aren't too many exclusives I'm interested in, and I usually end up buying all the consoles eventually, anyway. It's just a matter of which I'll buy first, which will likely be the new Xbox but might be a PC.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIbu3wJDmVQ - New gaming series
My podcast: hulkshare.com/inferiorminds
#4VoidBeyondPosted 2/15/2013 9:53:06 AM
A Halo game might be a launch title. Could be a spin off game like ODST or Wars, or could be Halo 2 HD but I'm sure Halo is gonna be a launch title and Modern Warfare 4 is more than likely going to be on 360/PS3/WiiU, but I can see it getting ported over for a launch game.
---
GT: Dethrow2112//PSN: DuodecimKnight//PKMN White FC: 4771 6383 7145
#5O_Town_RulezPosted 2/15/2013 9:57:06 AM
I know I'm getting NBA 2K14, but I'm going to have a hard time choosing between Alan Wake 2, Batman: Arkham 3, and Star Wars 1313 for my second title.
---
Not changing this Sig until the Orlando Magic win a championship (Technically Started 1-30-08)
Orlando Magic - Season: 15-37
#6SunDevil77Posted 2/15/2013 10:03:13 AM
I just want Fable 4
---
Royal with Cheese. What do they call a Big Mac? Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it Le Big Mac.
#7Auron772Posted 2/15/2013 10:05:13 AM
Launch titles will only become a factor if they launch at the same time. Whichever one launches first gets my cash first. The other one can wait a year.
---
"I have two rules I follow. The first, never kill someone without a reason. The second, you can always find a reason to kill someone." - Saren
#8JenniferTatePosted 2/15/2013 10:05:31 AM
Not at all, I won't be buying at launch.
---
Now you know I ain't wit that ****, Lieutenant
#9Tube_of_NoobPosted 2/15/2013 10:12:54 AM
Exclusive titles will be a major factor i my decision and the sad thing is that Xbox really doesnt have that great of a lineup imo. The Gears and Halo franchises are just not that great to me. But I really love my 360 and its interface and just ease of usage. The 360 stick layout on controllers are better too.

Honestly though its disheartening the crap that Xbox is passing out as exclusives. Sony definetly has the upper hand in that department with Ratchet, Last of Us etc etc.

I dont yet know which console I will buy, but I know for sure I will wait for the second generation consoles of next gen. Last time I bought a first generation 360 and it crapped out on me three times with RROD and disc read errors.
---
Rick Grimes for President 2016
Plyometrics is the Devil!
#10JenniferTatePosted 2/15/2013 10:18:38 AM
Last of Us got delayed a few weeks. The pain. :(

Oh well, more time for Bioshock!
---
Now you know I ain't wit that ****, Lieutenant