This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How much will launch titles announced for Next Xbox factor into your selection?

#11WinternovaPosted 2/15/2013 9:21:28 AM
I'm not a fan of Japanese games, so it's almost definite I'll be getting Microsoft's next offering before the next Sony console. I don't want to get stuck with "exclusives" that I have no interest in playing.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#12foodeater4Posted 2/15/2013 9:32:57 AM
Well judging by this list xbox slays. Just Killer Instinct alone is good enoug.

but launch titles are just launch titles, theres still hopefully 5 years after of good games
#13DrShag1134(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 9:54:16 AM
Also I think games like GTA 5, Last of Us, and Splinter Cell: Blacklist end up getting ported over to the new systems. Anyone willing to wait it out to get the upgraded version of these games?
---
I reject your reality and substitute my own.
PSN/XBL: DrShag1134
#14IChangedMyNamePosted 2/15/2013 9:56:58 AM
For me, Launch titles are of no concern.

I'd prefer MS go with an actual BC plan this time around and an indepth XBLA/GoD integration on the new platform so I don't feel like I'm losing money packin up the 360 in favor of its lil bro.
---
I play a lil bit of everything on a lil bit of everything.
Not changing this until we get a Viewtiful Joe 3 or HD collection of VJ 1&2 (started 8/14/12)
#15Dillon360Posted 2/15/2013 4:15:19 PM
HUGE factor.

I swear, if the next is Xbox is nothing but Gears, Halo, and Forza ALL OVER AGAIN... I'm out!

I'm tired of the same stuff over and OVER again with just slightly better graphics than the game before it.

It's absolutely boring me to death...

I WANT SOMETHING DIFFERENT!!!

Is this to much to ask?
---
I... MIGHT just explode, my... MIND'S in sick mode, and... I can't control my... HUNGER...
In my wicked soul, all kinds of **** grows, and I just expose my....
#16PutHaggarInSFPosted 2/15/2013 4:17:00 PM
Is this to much to ask?

Yeah, sadly.
---
http://i.minus.com/iyi2ItPQPd3Pm.gif Marn liiiiike
http://last.fm/user/AnathemaOfZos Gamertag: aGeorgeDivided
#17Dillon360Posted 2/15/2013 4:26:44 PM
PutHaggarInSF posted...
Is this to much to ask?

Yeah, sadly.

=(
---
I... MIGHT just explode, my... MIND'S in sick mode, and... I can't control my... HUNGER...
In my wicked soul, all kinds of **** grows, and I just expose my....
#18godplaysSNESPosted 2/15/2013 4:36:44 PM
Launch titles aren't important for me, since I wait a couple of years with getting a new console, when the systems are cheaper and have a better gaming library.
---
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!
#19squarex8264Posted 2/15/2013 4:38:48 PM
Dillon360 posted...
HUGE factor.

I swear, if the next is Xbox is nothing but Gears, Halo, and Forza ALL OVER AGAIN... I'm out!

I'm tired of the same stuff over and OVER again with just slightly better graphics than the game before it.

It's absolutely boring me to death...

I WANT SOMETHING DIFFERENT!!!

Is this to much to ask?

Well, some people really enjoy those games though. The main reason that they are made over, and over, and over again is because they continually sell really well. Just look at the Nintendo franchises that have been made and remade for 20+ years.

For me, it's Assassin's Creed. They are currently on the track of making one every single year, but I absolutely love playing through them year over year. They just really click with me for whatever reason. And maybe one day I'll get tired of them, but until then I am happy to see that franchise going forward.

Not to say I don't want to see new IPs out there. I mean, Assassin's Creed was a new IP for this gen, and I'm sure we'll see lots of new franchises take shape over the next generation...
---
Gamertag: Squ4rex
"You guys can sig that if you want." -TheArcade
#20richboy900Posted 2/15/2013 4:47:49 PM
AlkalineKitten posted...
Not at all, I won't be buying at launch.

Agreed, however I'll most likely get the xbox first I just love the games on it. I'll get the ps4 also, but later on.