This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How much will launch titles announced for Next Xbox factor into your selection?

#21Dillon360Posted 2/15/2013 6:08:52 PM(edited)
squarex8264 posted...
Dillon360 posted...
HUGE factor.

I swear, if the next is Xbox is nothing but Gears, Halo, and Forza ALL OVER AGAIN... I'm out!

I'm tired of the same stuff over and OVER again with just slightly better graphics than the game before it.

It's absolutely boring me to death...

I WANT SOMETHING DIFFERENT!!!

Is this to much to ask?

Well, some people really enjoy those games though. The main reason that they are made over, and over, and over again is because they continually sell really well. Just look at the Nintendo franchises that have been made and remade for 20+ years.

For me, it's Assassin's Creed. They are currently on the track of making one every single year, but I absolutely love playing through them year over year. They just really click with me for whatever reason. And maybe one day I'll get tired of them, but until then I am happy to see that franchise going forward.

Not to say I don't want to see new IPs out there. I mean, Assassin's Creed was a new IP for this gen, and I'm sure we'll see lots of new franchises take shape over the next generation...

They can keep churning out their sequels. Those are their big money makers, I get that.

But PLEASE, for the love of GOD, give us a new IP every once in a while. And I'm not talking about the lame Kinect crap. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Alan Wake their last attempt at a new IP?

And how long ago was that?

I will give them credit though, Gears of War, Mass Effect 1, and Crackdown are three of my favorite new IPs. Which were created/ published/ made possible because Microsoft had the balls to try something different.

If Microsoft acted the way they are now, in 2007, Microsoft wouldn't even have had Crackdown, Mass Effect 1, or Gears of War... Because they're just not taking risks anymore...

And that's the company I will support next gen. The company that takes risks and isn't afraid to try something different. Like the PS3 with The Last of Us, Heavy Rain, Motor Storm, Uncharted, Infamous, and The Heist.

They may not all be INCREDIBLE games. But they are all pretty different. There's some variety. At least Sony has the guts to TRY something different. Rather than playing it pathetically safe all the time....

And I respect them for that... Which is probably why I will buy a Playstation 4 first...
---
I... MIGHT just explode, my... MIND'S in sick mode, and... I can't control my... HUNGER...
In my wicked soul, all kinds of **** grows, and I just expose my....
#22masblasPosted 2/15/2013 6:24:15 PM
godplaysSNES posted...
Launch titles aren't important for me, since I wait a couple of years with getting a new console, when the systems are cheaper and have a better gaming library.

^ Exactly what I'm doing as well. I've been burned way too many times buying systems day 1 so I'm going to sit this one out for awhile.
#23XenobowPosted 2/15/2013 11:43:35 PM
I would buy if there is a JRPG launch title.
#24pyrokinesis666Posted 2/15/2013 11:47:03 PM
it wont

only thing that will decide if i get one is bc and no used game ban

if it blocks used games and isnt bc, i will never get one
#25NavexPosted 2/16/2013 7:14:19 AM
They won't. I never buy a console at launch and have no intentions to break that tradition. The only way I'd ever break that vow would be if GTA V was a launch title for the 720 or Final Fantasy VII Remake was a launch for the PS4.
---
The Jess Margera Rock Radio Show
7PM-8PM EST every Wednesday night on PoochFM.com
#26mjc0961Posted 2/16/2013 9:33:00 AM
Dillon360 posted...
They can keep churning out their sequels. Those are their big money makers, I get that.

But PLEASE, for the love of GOD, give us a new IP every once in a while. And I'm not talking about the lame Kinect crap. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Alan Wake their last attempt at a new IP?

And how long ago was that?

I will give them credit though, Gears of War, Mass Effect 1, and Crackdown are three of my favorite new IPs. Which were created/ published/ made possible because Microsoft had the balls to try something different.

If Microsoft acted the way they are now, in 2007, Microsoft wouldn't even have had Crackdown, Mass Effect 1, or Gears of War... Because they're just not taking risks anymore...

And that's the company I will support next gen. The company that takes risks and isn't afraid to try something different. Like the PS3 with The Last of Us, Heavy Rain, Motor Storm, Uncharted, Infamous, and The Heist.

They may not all be INCREDIBLE games. But they are all pretty different. There's some variety. At least Sony has the guts to TRY something different. Rather than playing it pathetically safe all the time....

And I respect them for that... Which is probably why I will buy a Playstation 4 first...

ITP: XBLA doesn't exist.
---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey
#27EternalDividePosted 2/17/2013 1:00:23 PM
Launch titles usually blow. And even as much as a Halo 5 or Gears 4 would tempt me.

The talk of the focus of the 720 being an "entertainment hub" so to speak.
The fact that the 360 was by far the worst hardware I've ever owned (4 consoles so far with the average lifespan of 1.5 years) has left my faith in MS to deliver a solid machine in the toilet.
The Kinect coming with every console so the focus on motion controls will be as high as with the Wii (gag).

360 was my console of choice this generation. Mostly due to Sony being idiots with their pricing. But in the long run I spent more replacing Xboxs. So honestly, unless Sony goes 599 US dollars stupid again, I'm PS4 out the gate this time around.
#28metroidman92Posted 2/17/2013 1:17:03 PM(edited)
I'm not buying at launch either way. I want to see if any major hardware flaws emerge first, and then see them fixed before I commit to a new system. Then I might look at whatever library it has at that time.

EternalDivide posted...
Launch titles usually blow. And even as much as a Halo 5 or Gears 4 would tempt me.

The talk of the focus of the 720 being an "entertainment hub" so to speak.
The fact that the 360 was by far the worst hardware I've ever owned (4 consoles so far with the average lifespan of 1.5 years) has left my faith in MS to deliver a solid machine in the toilet.
The Kinect coming with every console so the focus on motion controls will be as high as with the Wii (gag).

360 was my console of choice this generation. Mostly due to Sony being idiots with their pricing. But in the long run I spent more replacing Xboxs. So honestly, unless Sony goes 599 US dollars stupid again, I'm PS4 out the gate this time around.

Just curious, how did you go through so many 360's? I've had mine for over 4 years, and it hasn't failed me yet.
---
If you even think about coming after your brother, this bullet will be waiting for you!
#29EternalDividePosted 2/19/2013 1:41:17 AM
Disc drive failure on #1
Cooling fan going out and thus freezing up after 10-15 minutes plus disc read errors on #2
General hardware failure after 14 months on #3 A slim. This one PO's me the most.
#4 since Nov. '12

I know everyone's experiences are unique. But considering how darn well I have always taken care of my electronics. I can only chalk up my problems to simple **** poor hardware.

Every single original Nintendo console and handheld since the SNES still works perfectly for me to this day. My PS1 I replaced due to the lid not closing any more and I went with the slim. And my PS2 I replaced only because it's dvd playback failed, went with the slim too. PS3 I've only had since May '11
#30Arucard05Posted 2/19/2013 1:44:20 AM
I work under the assumption that I will own any console coming out. I have to find reasons not to buy one. No used games or always online would be reasons, but when it comes to games I'm confidant any console will justify itself over time.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
It's better than bad.