This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

This will stop me from buying the next xbox console

#1Darkest_EvilPosted 2/15/2013 9:10:51 AM
Not being able to transfer all my games/content i purchased on my account to the new system and its full capabilities.

Being the 200+ indie games, 400+ live arcade games and the 20 games on demand games.

Not being able to play those on the next system will be the main reason I'll never buy it!

Other then that if it impliments it you got yourself a sale.
---
http://castleminerz.freeforums.org/index.php
#2GeistPosted 2/15/2013 9:22:11 AM
Why, are you going to throw out your 360 when you buy a new system?
---
Currently playing: Mass Effect 3
#3Darkest_Evil(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 9:24:35 AM
not at all
id rather buy 10 more 360's then a 720 if it cant play the games i bought
---
http://castleminerz.freeforums.org/index.php
#4SunDevil77Posted 2/15/2013 9:24:47 AM
Oh, well...okay.
---
Royal with Cheese. What do they call a Big Mac? Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it Le Big Mac.
#5PStrifePosted 2/15/2013 9:30:47 AM
I would be more concerned that a couple years down the line they take the 360 Indie servers, plus them DRM servers from companies like Capcom down.

Suddenly you are stuck with demos and not complete games that you thought you paid for. Since you cannot connect and verify your game, with the crappy DRM you have bought into.
#6dkgamerPosted 2/15/2013 9:31:44 AM(edited)
I have to say I kind of agree. I think MS will have to allow you access to this kind of content, a lot of people have spent a lot of money on arcade/on demand titles etc and I think MS know that most people have a single console hooked up, and I can't see them expecting people to go swapping consoles every time they want to access any of this stuff.
I assume they will use a similar kind of store on the new console, so I am sure they will allow you to re download these things. Would be a mistake if they didn't imo.
---
A Valley Without Wind - Dynamic RPG from Arcen Games!
http://www.arcengames.com/w/index.php/games/avww-features
#7GeistPosted 2/15/2013 9:36:14 AM
Darkest_Evil posted...
not at all
id rather buy 10 more 360's then a 720 if it cant play the games i bought

Ok so then why do you need the 720 to play 360 games if you will still have said 360 to play 360 games on? I mean I had a ton of NES games that the SNES never played. Didn't stop me from buying one. Same with the 64, Saturn, Dreamcast, PS3...
---
Currently playing: Mass Effect 3
#8KillaBeAtPosted 2/15/2013 9:45:24 AM
Darkest_Evil posted...
Not being able to transfer all my games/content i purchased on my account to the new system and its full capabilities.

Being the 200+ indie games, 400+ live arcade games and the 20 games on demand games.

Not being able to play those on the next system will be the main reason I'll never buy it!

Other then that if it impliments it you got yourself a sale.

Consoles not being backwards compatible is not a new thing.

If you refuse to pay for a console that isn't backwards compatible, that's your deal, but there have been what, 2 and a half home consoles that are BW compatible (the 360 doesn't really count, since it's only half)?

I cant think of any besides the PS2 and the PS3 (and some models of the PS3 don't even have the emulation software to be BW compatible).

I always love when people pull the "Microsoft is too damn greedy!" care on the BW-compatability debate like it's just a matter of them ticking a box next to "Back-wards compatible" on a spec-sheet. Some people don't get that it isn't Wizards that make their stuff work.
---
84% of people make up their statistics. If you are one of the 16% that don't, put this in your signature.
#9MRL3G3NDPosted 2/15/2013 9:48:32 AM
I don't see why folks can't just keep their 360...

I have 2 one for the living room and one for the bedroom...I'm trading in the oldest one, minus my favorite games.

I can count on one hand how many times I went back and played Ghost recon summit strike and rainbow six black arrow (the games I kept form last gen)

I can't think of anything I would want to keep from this god forsaken gen
---
The Closest You'll Ever Come to Afghanistan in Gaming...
http://youtu.be/GIhqUiQJt6Q
#10RKOMe2011Posted 2/15/2013 9:52:11 AM
My deal breaker is ALWAYS ON (internet connection-required) Living in a dead-zone with no internet connections or cell phones can be used my options are limited.