This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

This will stop me from buying the next xbox console

#21Darkest_Evil(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 7:45:54 AM
Bloodmoon77 posted...
It's a new console, why would you want it to play 360 games? Keep your 360, there, problem solved.

For one thing once they shut down the live service all your indie games are useless. There goes the support of all the indie developers who were on 360.

Next some games need online multiplayer in order to play them IE: special forces team x. Having no online means cant play it.

So why WOULDN'T i want to be able to play them on the next system even if my 360 runs but live doesnt.

Doesn't that make sense? If you can't understand this read it again.
---
http://castleminerz.freeforums.org/index.php
#22mjc0961Posted 2/16/2013 8:08:27 AM
KillaBeAt posted...
Consoles not being backwards compatible is not a new thing.

If you refuse to pay for a console that isn't backwards compatible, that's your deal, but there have been what, 2 and a half home consoles that are BW compatible (the 360 doesn't really count, since it's only half)?

I cant think of any besides the PS2 and the PS3 (and some models of the PS3 don't even have the emulation software to be BW compatible).

Atari 7800, Wii, Wii U...
---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey
#23TheBlueStigPosted 2/16/2013 9:29:25 AM
Geist posted...
Why, are you going to throw out your 360 when you buy a new system?

When the HELL are some of you going to realize that some people don't have s***loads of extra cash just laying around to buy new systems with?

They trade in their old system towards the new one, saving them quite a bit of money.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#24oasisbeyondPosted 2/16/2013 9:34:16 AM
It's called moving on tc... No one is forcing you to throw away your 360...
It's like saying I'm not buy a 720 cuz it doesn't play all my Dreamcast games...
Geesh, with time you get over it. I have like 10 consoles here and they are all hidden and plugged... YOU CAN DO IT!
#25Darkcloud20Posted 2/16/2013 9:40:50 AM
When the HELL are some of you going to realize that some people don't have s***loads of extra cash just laying around to buy new systems with?

So because you don't have so much money you would prefer to pay for a 360 in addition to your nextbox because all the chips of the 360 would have to be in the nextbox. Software emulation right now is pretty much impossible.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/Darkcloud1987