This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I remember once upon a time when this board used to be worth a damn

#71JKSonicPosted 2/16/2013 10:55:15 AM
^^^ This. Or at the <very> least, if the mods had some damn consistency.

That's the biggest issue, no consistency in modding on here...but it's not just this board it's the whole site. On the NFL boards mods were actually making topics like "500 LOL's for the Cowboys" stickies....

We do a fairly good job at self-modding here but all in all it's up to the mods.

Make no mistake, this has never a utopia. But I'd be lying if I said I haven't noticed things getting markedly worse on this board. Am I the only one who feels this way? Maybe this is all due to the anticipation if this gen ending. It's like a full moon for the gaming world, it makes everyone act a little crazy.

My vote is that is just a response to the topic the other day (yesterday?) about how this is the best board on the site... Quit frankly I'm surprised you all didn't just let this topic die. The board getting a little "worse" is just part of the natural ebb and flow with a new console coming.
---
"You shouldn't be asking HOW things are, given that we already know there is something..but rather WHY things are, as opposed to there being nothing."
#72FFTHEWINNERPosted 2/16/2013 2:41:23 PM
GGearX posted...
gabrius posted...
I remember that time too, IWU.

This place is a mere shell of its former self, circa 1 year or so ago.

The board elders must hold a meeting to discuss the future of the board.

I agree. What is the time and place for our meeting ;) ?
---
WHO AM I?FFTHEWINNER. WHO ARE YOU?URTHELOSER
http://i.imgur.com/xgSex.png
#73Kazuya_80Posted 2/16/2013 2:57:23 PM(edited)
IWU posted...
How could a topic, about the board, be off topic?

Nothing to do with the xbox360 itself

Not that I marked it though
#74JKSonicPosted 2/16/2013 3:43:23 PM
If it's about the board itself or the people on it the mods seem to flip a coin and decide to delete it or not.
---
"You shouldn't be asking HOW things are, given that we already know there is something..but rather WHY things are, as opposed to there being nothing."
#75_LordAndSaviorPosted 2/16/2013 3:45:49 PM
There has been alot of recent topics complain about this board, and while I'm relatively new here this place is great honestly. It's much better then the PS3 and Wii U boards which have alot more trolls/fanboyism. However the Wii board is probably the nicest one around.
---
Will not change this sig, until Carlito is a World Champion! 7/10/11 (Unofficial Date: 6/11/05)
R.I.P Shauwk, Gone but Never Forgotten. You will be missed.
#76Banana_ManaPosted 2/16/2013 3:49:08 PM
Banana_Mana posted...

It's on the posters to make it the way they want it to be...

Oh.

HAI Banana....

Thought you/I made a good point here, and felt that it needed extra clarification.

I stand by your/my point.
---
An Englishman, an Irishman and a Scotsman walk into a bar. The barman looks at them and says: "Is this some kind of a joke?
#77memphis12Posted 2/17/2013 1:05:49 AM
JKSonic posted...
If it's about the board itself or the people on it the mods seem to flip a coin and decide to delete it or not.

I agree completely. I had a very in depth "conversation" last night with a mod about modding & their "job" as a moderator.
---
'I wrestled with an alligator,I tussled with a whale,only last week I murdered a rock, injured a stone, hospitalized a brick. I'm so mean I make medicine sick.'
#78vigorm0rtisPosted 2/17/2013 1:11:16 AM
I was told a lot of the regulars had migrated to a board away from GFaqs.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#79oasisbeyondPosted 2/17/2013 1:24:19 AM
It's the beginning of a new beginning for gaming or the end...
Last gen things looked promising with ps2,Xbox and Gamecube.
This gen while it sorta lasted longer... "Didn't feel like it" maybe cuz there wasn't much diversity in games" PS3 seems still new, yet it's like a system that never did what it should of in the end. The wii was a gimmick that got casuals and parents mostly to get games for it and then realize... There's not much here. 360 won this gen overall but it's far behind the glory of the ps2, Snes,Genesis and NES days.

I'm ready for next gen but I think a few AAA games will stand out while we watch the fall of more and more companies trying to compete with the big boys. I expect more smaller games nect gen in the arcade and I hope MS does an even better job with that then they did this gen. Which was their saving Grace in the end with great exclusives for arcade games.

I am worried if they push Kinect, if they do... I will not support it. And if you need online I will not support it also... So let's wait and see, and hopefully we will be amazed with the ps4 and also the 720.
#80vigorm0rtisPosted 2/17/2013 1:28:52 AM
oasisbeyond posted...

I am worried if they push Kinect, if they do... I will not support it. And if you need online I will not support it also... So let's wait and see, and hopefully we will be amazed with the ps4 and also the 720.

I'd be surprised if Kinect isn't standard with the next Xbox. I'm not interested in either, but last gen, Live was a successful 'feature' that became all-but-necessary this gen, I see them going the same way with Kinect.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF