This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which do I buy? AC3, Sleeping Dogs, Hitman Absolution, Dishonored

#21Perfect LightPosted 2/16/2013 7:57:17 AM
Halochief6 posted...
Darksiders 2 is one of my favorite games this year. I'd suggest that.

Darksiders 2 was last year.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIbu3wJDmVQ - New gaming series
My podcast: hulkshare.com/inferiorminds
#22Luthor_Posted 2/16/2013 8:03:27 AM
Dishonored isn't that short at all.. the only way I could see it being short is if you go in guns blazing, sword slicing, and just charging through.

I took the time to be stealthy, and ended up getting the "good ending", and I'd say I got at least 12 hours out of it. I don't know if there is a sure fire way to check.

And if you have somebody sitting next to you while you're playing its even more fun. Bouncing ideas off of each other on how to proceed past a bunch of gaurds is fun. Lots of laughter was had when I'd try to be clever and sneak by a tall boy only to get a spotlight in my face and a greeting from a missile, usually accompanied by some foul language on my behalf.
---
"It doesn't matter what controller you have in your hand as long as you enjoy pressing the buttons..."
-RPG_Apostle
#23Halochief6Posted 2/16/2013 8:06:54 AM
Perfect Light posted...
Halochief6 posted...
Darksiders 2 is one of my favorite games this year. I'd suggest that.

Darksiders 2 was last year.

*facepalm* That's what I meant.
---
"Please explain to me how a dog can help a blind person see the difference in 720p to 1080p in tv sets under 32"?" - NakedSnake1986
#24Pacman2dxPosted 2/16/2013 9:26:04 AM
Luthor_ posted...
Dishonored isn't that short at all.. the only way I could see it being short is if you go in guns blazing, sword slicing, and just charging through.

I took the time to be stealthy, and ended up getting the "good ending", and I'd say I got at least 12 hours out of it. I don't know if there is a sure fire way to check.

And if you have somebody sitting next to you while you're playing its even more fun. Bouncing ideas off of each other on how to proceed past a bunch of gaurds is fun. Lots of laughter was had when I'd try to be clever and sneak by a tall boy only to get a spotlight in my face and a greeting from a missile, usually accompanied by some foul language on my behalf.

Both times I ended it I played stealthy, it took me around 5 to 6 hours each time .. even when not killing anyone, the game is criminally short .. should have had an open world aspect instead of mission set pieces, it would have been much better off.
---
XBL - FA7ALtheGOD / PSN - FATALtheGOD
Who dares, wins.
#25Cage2004Posted 2/16/2013 9:30:08 AM
I had the most fun with Sleeping Dogs. I'v enjoyed the other AC games but I had to push my way thru AC3 as I found it vey boring. HA was decent but I didnt like the disguise system and had to push my way thru that as well. I gave Dishonored a try and just didnt like it.
---
I went outside today. The graphics were amazing, but the gameplay was horrible.
#26Walkman_005Posted 2/16/2013 9:30:24 AM
LMAO.

55 bucks for Dishonored?

Haha. It's a great game but so short. Wait for a price drop or rent that one.

Sleeping Dogs is the best bang for your buck.

AC3 is second.
#27XenobowPosted 2/16/2013 11:29:33 AM
Other: Save Your Money.
#28ffgamemanPosted 2/16/2013 11:33:03 AM
Sleeping Dogs.

It's GTA with a memorable story and a good combat system. For $28, you can't go wrong.

Dishonored and AC III are both great games. However, Dishonored can get frustrating if you are a perfectionist (I saved and loaded countless times going for a stealth run, even though I messed up on an earlier mission). AC III is too big for its own good at times. I had quite a bit of fun with it, but it got shelved for other games, partially thanks to the huge wilderness areas with too many collectibles.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it put this as your signature