This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Would you care if Microsoft push ads more next gen?

#1PangLaPosted 2/15/2013 8:16:42 PM
So we know that there's rumors about the next Xbox being always online, do you think the reason Microsoft wants to do it, is to push ads more? For example, have an ads automatically play every 15 minutes or so? Would you even care if they do indeed go that far with ads?
#2Link43130Posted 2/15/2013 8:21:53 PM
replace all title screens with ads
---
Steam/XBL/PSN: Link43130
#3FredSavage27Posted 2/15/2013 8:23:14 PM
Would you care if you bought a Panasonic blu-ray player that abruptly interrupted your movie every 15 minutes to play an ad, or would you buy a Sony blu-ray player that doesn't do that? That's how stupid you sound.
#4Perfect LightPosted 2/15/2013 8:23:55 PM
PangLa posted...
So we know that there's rumors about the next Xbox being always online, do you think the reason Microsoft wants to do it, is to push ads more? For example, have an ads automatically play every 15 minutes or so? Would you even care if they do indeed go that far with ads?

Have them play automatically WHERE every 15 minutes? During my game? Because I can guarantee that model would NEVER work, because no matter what the ad is for anyone forced to watch an ad every 15 minutes of game time will never buy the product being advertised.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIbu3wJDmVQ - New gaming series
My podcast: hulkshare.com/inferiorminds
#5PangLa(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 8:32:43 PM
Ads has been in movies and tv shows since forever. Even YouTube and other video streaming are doing it now. It only has started to appear in video game console since Microsoft had the new dashboard update. There's no reason for the next Xbox to be online only, except to push ads even more.
#6levyjl1988Posted 2/15/2013 8:37:24 PM
Anything that disrupts flow is usually terrible. What advertisers don't understand is if you place an ad at the wrong inconvenient moment, viewers can get furious, usually they would attach a negative connotation to the ad that disrupted the moment rather than subliminally works it's way in. For that I hated certain types of products.

For TV shows, well I don't watch TV anymore, there's the internet for that. By now most of us used to ads just zone out of it. Advertisers rely on subliminal for ads. Placing ads in xbox is indifferent, in the end I don't really spend time on the dashboard anyway. I'm in game or frozen with the guide button, nothing detracted. But if an ad disrupted my game, well then I know what product to avoid from now on.
---
Check out Canada's only Comics and Gaming Magazine!
http://www.cgmagazine.ca/
#7PangLa(Topic Creator)Posted 2/15/2013 8:40:00 PM
FredSavage27 posted...
Would you care if you bought a Panasonic blu-ray player that abruptly interrupted your movie every 15 minutes to play an ad, or would you buy a Sony blu-ray player that doesn't do that? That's how stupid you sound.

The reason I am asking is because people didn't seem to care when Microsoft first introduced ads on the new dashboard update. If people didn't care then Microsoft would assume it is okay and push it more next gen.
#8__Stewa__Posted 2/15/2013 8:43:27 PM
The ads in the dashboard don't even interrupt what you're doing. I don't know why the **** people constantly ***** about the ads when they don't do anything unless you intentionally click on them.
---
"You can't come here!" - Dumbledore, Trek Wars
#9d3z1i0bPosted 2/15/2013 9:26:31 PM
__Stewa__ posted...
The ads in the dashboard don't even interrupt what you're doing. I don't know why the **** people constantly ***** about the ads when they don't do anything unless you intentionally click on them.

This. It's not like ads pop up when you're on the dash, making you stop what you're doing. People are stupid that like to complain about anything. Isn't it possible to have the game start automatically when you turn on the 360? Problem solved, tc.
#10kingwutuguPosted 2/15/2013 9:45:27 PM
if it allowed me to access all apps without the need of gold, you should only need to pay to play.
---
There is no I in team, But there is an I in Win