This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Just beat Metal Gear Rising, Inside what I think

#1velvet_hammerPosted 2/15/2013 11:37:23 PM
First off lets get a few things clear.. I like MG, I like most of P* games, I like this genre... I'm sure theres many people out there like me, but this is just my opinion..

If you plan on getting this game any time soon or on launch start on Hard.. This is by far the easiest normal mode game P* has made in a while.. Not a bad thing IMO, as there is easy, normal, hard, very hard, and revengence. Very Hard and Revengence are going to be stiff challenges... ALSO USE KONAMI CODE at start screen right when you get the game and you can unlock the harder difficulties right from the start..

Ok another thing this game isnt 5 hour or even 6,7.. Try more like 8-10.. I timed myself from beginning to end.. I let the time tick for all cut scenes and if I died I kept it going..

So now a few things are cleared up I'm sure you guys wanna know if its good? Yes yes yes and yes.. Best entry in its genre since Bayonetta.. Fast fluid and deep gameplay.. Really opens up once you get unlocks and other weapons.. AMAZING boss battles, game is always intense.. No complaint in the gameplay sections.. Sure the camera can be annoying sometimes but this happens in all fast TP games..

Story, EASILY the best story P* has ever done.. There is cut scenes but they are short, noting like past MG games.. So how does the story stack up against other MG games? Some where in the middle. IMO its a very good story for this genre.. Lots of nice surprises, and it has serious and funny moments like all MG games..

Technical side.. AWESOME. PS3 ( 360 version is supposedly exact same ) version has zero screen tear, rock solid frame rates and lots of flashy stuff going on at all times.. Trailers dont do this game justice in this part.. Also the cutscenes are very high quality and look amazing...

Replay value. VERY HIGH. 5 difficulties that actually play very differently and you can tell the difference.. Lots of weapons and styles to use.. Lots of armors, wood weapon for no kill run, Gray Fox ( getting him when I pick up my GS copy ) tons of VR missions that get very challenging, stealth runs etc etc.. Great replay value, I'll be spending at least 40 hours plus on this game

I did have complaints.. Even though I dont think its short I didnt want it to end.. Longer would have been awesome, I would love more moves, wall running even if similar to ninja gaiden.. ability to fast weapon switch your heavy attack weapon would be cool..

So TLDR: Very stylish, extremely technical, fast thrill ride in the action h&s genre.. 9.3/10. Must buy for any action fan.. Theres even good things here for newcomers as easy mode you can turn on auto parry..
---
"The purpose of life, is a life with a purpose. So I'd rather die for a cause, than live a life that is worthless!!" Immortal Technique
#2oasisbeyondPosted 2/15/2013 11:55:52 PM
Didn't Konami do most of this game... Especially the story, and P did most of or tweaked the gameplay.
#3shuggyconeheadPosted 2/16/2013 5:57:19 AM
Thanks for the info TC! I'm pumped to pick this up next week.
---
GT:shuggyconehead
#4CyricsServantPosted 2/16/2013 6:03:41 AM
velvet_hammer posted...
Ok another thing this game isnt 5 hour or even 6,7.. Try more like 8-10.. I timed myself from beginning to end.. I let the time tick for all cut scenes and if I died I kept it going.

If this is true, I'm sold. I was always going to get MGR. The question has always been "for how much?"

This'll probably be my first $60 buy of the year.
#5CrimsonStryke28Posted 2/16/2013 6:03:43 AM
8-10 hours? Yeah, I'm going to wait for a price drop on this.
#6KtuluheroIIPosted 2/16/2013 6:35:53 AM
Tuesday just can't come fast enough.
---
http://i.imgur.com/47zOc.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/MsEGm.jpg
#7TonyMontana916Posted 2/16/2013 7:02:14 AM
Good review. I always knew this was going to be an awsome game though as it's a Kojima game after all backed by P* games. Also this has been a dream game of mine since MGS on the playstation back in the day. I always remembered how cool it was when you ran into Gray Fox in the game and I just thought how cool would it be if we had a Gray Fox ninja game that's action packed. I remember playing the VR Missions JUST to play those missions that let you control gray fox lol it was awsome. Now we have a gray fox cyborg ninja skin to go along with this action game. Tuesday can't come soon enough!
---
My Big Boss Emblem, Achieved 6/21/2008 http://img113.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dscn0500wx6.jpg
3DS FC = 2277 6647 0831
#8Splice_Posted 2/16/2013 7:22:33 AM
I really want to get this game, but Japanese story/character design is less tolerable to me than a bunch of two year-olds singing popular music. Is the gameplay, like Bayonetta, good enough that I won't care that I'm bearing witness to some of the most juvenile expressions of science fiction and fantasy?
#9jwillennPosted 2/16/2013 7:51:18 AM
good stuff

NEXT WEEK!
#10ukokira1Posted 2/16/2013 12:17:13 PM
Splice_ posted...
I really want to get this game, but Japanese story/character design is less tolerable to me than a bunch of two year-olds singing popular music. Is the gameplay, like Bayonetta, good enough that I won't carit acte that I'm bearing witness to some of the most juvenile expressions of science fiction and fantasy?

The final boss has the funniest cutscenes ever. It actually parodies how MGS4 tried to explain everything (poorly) with nanomachines. Oh and yes the gameplay is fantastic.
---
Look at you, soaring through the air like an bird... Piloting a blimp.