This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How to get rid of ads on the Xbox 360 Dashboard.

#1KroganBallEaterPosted 2/16/2013 4:18:24 AM(edited)
Well lets see.

Step 1A. Put the disc in your gaming console.
Step 2A. Click on the icon in the menu that allows you to play games in the disc drive (it's usually the first one you look at).

VIOLA, YOU WEREN'T BOTHERED BY ANY ADS.

Step 1B. press your right bumper twice and go down to "My Games"
Step 2B. Go to whatever game you want to play that's on your hardware.

VIOLA, YOU WEREN'T BOTHERED BY ANY ADS.

Step 1C. Click your right bumper 5 times.
Step 2C. Click on the Netflix app.

DISCLAIMER: If you saw any ads while performing this, they were probably ads for games or dlc coming out or on sale, if you saw any advertisements that were for real life products like swiffer or a CD, who the **** cares? did it threaten you? did it bother you? Did it force you to buy it?

I've been around GameFAQs a long time, and every time I see bashing for the Xbox 360 there's always a part that says "LUL DAI HAV 2 PAI TO SEE ADS LOLOLOL" but in all honesty....who cares? So? We have a better online experience then the Wii U and PS3 owners so isn't that all that matters?

EDIT: Also people saying M$ doesn't make them look cool or prove a point, Microsoft is a business, and to allow to best servers and experience online they need to charge us money and it's only $60 so it's not like it's that much money, people usually buy ONE brand new game a month but good games don't come out every month so just buy a 12Month gold card with that money when there aren't any games.
---
OMG Krogan!!!! That would hurt my precious little fanny!!!! LOL!!!!! - GamerGirlz after I told her to shove a stick of rhubarb up her fanny.
#2LapanuiPosted 2/16/2013 4:20:27 AM
The ads don't really bother me because I only see them for a couple of seconds.
People just complain about them because it's the cool thing to do I guess.

I can understand if games forced you to watch like a 30 second ad before playing or every hour of playing, that would irritate me as well, but the ads are just like billboards. You look at it for a few seconds while driving or walking and then carry on with what you were doing.
---
GT: Zichu PSN: Zichu NNID: Zichu1
#3bossk5Posted 2/16/2013 4:21:58 AM
The dashboard ads are blown way out if proportion here.
---
Welcome to Gamefaqs, where trolls run rampant. I buy used games.Pacers 3- whatever...I give up
#4Arucard05Posted 2/16/2013 4:29:17 AM
How to waste everybody's time:

Step 1) Write a whole bunch of dumb words you think are clever.

Step 2) Why are you still reading this?
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
Go there now! Or don't. Whatever man.
#5WilkyPosted 2/16/2013 4:31:14 AM
They don't bother me but I think if we are paying a yearly subscription they should lower the rrp if they are forcing adverts onto us.

Eg $60 for xbox live without adverts and $40-$50 without just a choice
#6JukainPosted 2/16/2013 4:34:56 AM
Just disable your network connection. No ads. Holy crap.
---
"In peace, vigilance. In war, victory. In death, sacrifice." ~ The Grey Wardens
http://www.trueachievements.com/mygames.aspx?gamerid=71900
#7Soggy13Posted 2/16/2013 4:35:54 AM
Although they aren't really annoying it is product placement plastered on a paid service where you receive no benefits. On Android when you pay for an app the ads are generally removed. I personally don't have a problem with it I would however like the game in the diskdrive to take up the big beautiful space in the center of the screen. I miss the big screenshot from the old dashboard.
---
Posted using GameFlux
#8CojiroseanPosted 2/16/2013 5:39:20 AM
My internet got cut out halfway through an update and I don't bother connecting anymore.
My Xbox now has empty boxes instead of ads AND have no avatar or avatar editor.

It was like an early Christmas.
---
I'm not weaboo, I'm an Otaku.
#9lambruscoPosted 2/16/2013 7:09:01 AM
Voila.
---
Spiel Macht Frei.
#10MahoganyTooth92Posted 2/16/2013 7:23:59 AM
Jukain posted...
Just disable your network connection. No ads. Holy crap.

---
"Mahohgay Teeth, you are wrong. Target Finder does not ignore Cold Blooded. U mad?"-HuffyChicken