This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

share games many said were "bad" but were actually "good"

#1zaiwenPosted 2/16/2013 8:11:22 AM
there are probably a ton of games out there some people whine about? Maybe due to high expectations, short campaign, graphics, gameplay, dlcs.. Whatever the case maybe, they hated it & has no shame proclaiming how bad any given game is. it probably caught your attention because. That said game may have caught your interest & got curious what the gaming public has to say about it. As you play that game, you found it really engaging & came to a conclusion that it is not as bad as what people say.

here are a few games this gen i found myself entertained althroughout

Asura's Wrath - the story & boss battles for me was epic & enjoyed it thoroughly... QTEs & short campaign & dlc didn't deter me from trying this game out. Glad i did.

Castlevania LOS - pace of the story was right for me & the level of detail of places through my journey was memorable. Maybe some people expected some sort of next gen SOTN type game. I believe this is the right path for future Castlevania installments.

Resident Evil 6 - heard & talked to people who didn't like this game. It's a decent game & not as bad as people claim it to be.

Share yours fellow gamers
---
GT & PSN: zaiwen3
#2Garbage_DayPosted 2/16/2013 8:13:19 AM
I will always stand by Vampire Rain!
---
Signature remains until the Kansas City Royals make the playoffs (10.11.05).
#3DarkSymbiotePosted 2/16/2013 8:13:19 AM
Who says Lords of Shadow was bad?
---
My Resident Evil 6 Review| My XCOM: Enemy Unknown Review
http://bitly.com/Z2CT6n | http://bit.ly/RJGjrn
#4SunDevil77Posted 2/16/2013 8:14:04 AM
Fable 3. It's not nearly as bad as everyone says.
---
Royal with Cheese. What do they call a Big Mac? Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it Le Big Mac.
#5CojiroseanPosted 2/16/2013 8:15:02 AM
Final Fantasy XIII. Don't ask me why but I loved it. First 20 hours was a corridor, but what a pretty corridor...
---
I'm not weaboo, I'm an Otaku.
#6MacDofGlasgowPosted 2/16/2013 8:18:17 AM
Final Fantasy XIII. Don't ask me why but I loved it. First 20 hours was a corridor, but what a pretty corridor...

I thought FF13 was great, and would consider FF13-2 to be in my shortlist for best final fantasy game.

While not on 360, I had PN03 on Gamecube and it was an excellent game. It sold something like 80000 copies, which is pretty dismal. However, I loved the game, I got it on release and played it obsessively.
---
Backlog: Fable 3, Velvet Assassin, Halo Reach, Blue Dragon, Sacred 2, Risen, Mind Jack, SC:Conviction, X3
#7IcornianPosted 2/16/2013 8:23:25 AM
Any of the "Musou Warriors" series including Dynasty, Samurai, Orochi, Legends Of Troy, and even Fist Of The North Star. They get tons of flack for being too simple and repetitive but sometimes that's all I want. Just hacking away at 1000's of enemies with flashy moves is very relaxing after a hard day.
---
"Dong?!? Where is my automobile?"
FC 5158 1961 0251 (White 2)
#8BlueJester007Posted 2/16/2013 8:24:24 AM
Alpha Protocol.
---
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who know binary, and those who don't.
#9HughJorgennPosted 2/16/2013 8:27:04 AM
Duke Nukem Forever.
#10dannyaqPosted 2/16/2013 8:32:23 AM
any DDR game that was rated poorly. They are all basically the same. It's not the type of game that requires innovation, all it needs is more songs. I don't get why the game gets knocked for doing the same thing over and over.
---
There are only 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who don't