This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

share games many said were "bad" but were actually "good"

#11darkharePosted 2/16/2013 8:35:58 AM
Icornian posted...
Any of the "Musou Warriors" series including Dynasty, Samurai, Orochi, Legends Of Troy, and even Fist Of The North Star. They get tons of flack for being too simple and repetitive but sometimes that's all I want. Just hacking away at 1000's of enemies with flashy moves is very relaxing after a hard day.

why even bother playing the game, just lay down in bed and push the button on the controller over and over till you drift off to sleep.
---
i have no loyalty for either xbox or 360, im a casual gamer and dont find it a insult.
#12DavCubePosted 2/16/2013 8:40:45 AM
DmC: *insert three paragraphs about how hair color = personality* NO. This game has flaws, but not that bad, and they certainly have nothing to do with Dante's friggin' HAIR.

Metroid Other M: Pretty much just complete exaggerated, exasperated overthinking of the game's events. Again, yes, flaws. Pretty glaring ones. But not game-breaking. And I don't see any "whining" coming from our heroine outside of FLASHBACKS.

Metroid Prime Trilogy: "Waaaaah I can't sequence break hard enough to beat the games in ten minutes waaaaah there are characters other than Samus present in the galaxy waaaaah." Gawd, grow up.

I apologise for mentioning few console-relevent games, but i only got my 360 less than a year ago and I'm still playing perpetual catch-up with just BUYING older games for cheap in bulk, let alone playing through them.
---
http://backloggery.com/davcube
#13Gwildor123Posted 2/16/2013 8:46:43 AM
Bad DUde
---
Go Home And Be A Family Man
#14master_gamr1231Posted 2/16/2013 8:46:47 AM
BlueJester007 posted...
Alpha Protocol.

This. I got it for really cheap and still didn't open it for months. I regret that. Now it's one of my favorite games this gen.
---
Why do people... betray one another? They might as well... all just die instead.
Welcome to my kingdom!
#15nothingbeastPosted 2/16/2013 8:54:14 AM
I'm gonna say GTA IV.

I really don't see what was so bad about it. I loved the characters, the side missions, the occasional playdate with Roman.

Completed it 100% and bought all DLC.

All I see is people railing against it.
---
~I was stomping goombas and saving princesses long before most of you were born.
#16mjc0961Posted 2/16/2013 9:01:59 AM
BlueJester007 posted...
Alpha Protocol.

Yeah, I made this mistake. They were right about that one, it is bad.

HughJorgenn posted...
Duke Nukem Forever.

This, however... It's not nearly as bad as they said. GOTY material, no, but still decent fun if you stop being the kind of buffoon who actually expected 13 years of development to all be in this one game even though the history of the game is that they kept starting over, meaning of course there isn't 13 years worth of work in it.
---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey
#17whiteboygenePosted 2/16/2013 9:54:30 AM
nothingbeast posted...
I'm gonna say GTA IV.

I really don't see what was so bad about it. I loved the characters, the side missions, the occasional playdate with Roman.

Completed it 100% and bought all DLC.

All I see is people railing against it.

Outside of a few places, including this one, that doesn't really happen. At some point the GTA community split, and those that still enjoyed stealing cars, getting in fights, and having shootouts really took to GTA IV. Those that wanted to customize their property and their character did not.
---
Good deeds should be done not for compensation or to please an invisible deity, they should just simply be done. People who agree: 847
#18PokenubPosted 2/16/2013 9:56:03 AM
BlueJester007 posted...
Alpha Protocol.

This.
---
XBOX 360 GT: Invghost
Games I am looking forward to: Super Motherload, Mewgenics.
#19MizunoRyuuPosted 2/16/2013 10:07:13 AM
Azurik: Rise of Perathia. I loved that game so much... Shame they didn't make it compatible with 360.
---
Evelynn is my waifu.
Help... Me...
#20PoetSaskiaPosted 2/16/2013 10:13:25 AM
my favorite game of 2012 was actually Top Gun:Hard Lock. I only talked to one other person on the boards who actually bought it. People who played the demo said they hated the grain filter, but I actually liked it. Reminds me of old laserdisc games back in the day, like maybe MACH 3 or something.