This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

share games many said were "bad" but were actually "good"

#51bpcarterPosted 2/16/2013 12:43:49 PM
Saints Row: The Third - People who played 1 and 2 think it sucks, people new to the series love it
Operation Darkness - People complain about the graphics, but it's a SRPG, so graphics don't really matter, and one of the best in that genre on 360
Alpha Protocol - it's like baby deus ex!
XCOM Enemy Unknown - It's mostly fanboys of the original who say it's bad
---
Would you kindly do a barrel roll?
War. War never changes.
#52RisingWaterPosted 2/16/2013 1:04:44 PM
hiplock posted...
-The Last Remnant
Put so many hours into that game. For me it was the best jrpg of this gen. Personally I thought it was much better than Xenoblade, FF XIII, or Lost Odyssey. It was good to see a jrpg actually try to do something new and different within a turn-based battle system. Most other people seemed to hate it though. Too bad. I was really hoping for a sequel.

Yes Yes Yes.

I remember fighting a 2-3 hour long turn based battle--one of the bigger battles in the game iirc(two girls at the end), went in "little" underpowered.I literally danced after defeating them lol

Such a glorious game,would get Rango for the sequel.
#53JS_Cubby14Posted 2/16/2013 1:14:44 PM
For some reason I had a really good time with Dragon Age 2.
#54darkharePosted 2/16/2013 1:22:04 PM
GuiltyGear
---
i have no loyalty for either xbox or 360, im a casual gamer and dont find it a insult.
#55ExiliousPosted 2/16/2013 1:33:59 PM
50 cent: Blood on the Sand
---
i5 2500k @ 4.6ghz | Gigabyte Windforce 3x GTX 680 OC | 12gb PNY XLR8 DDR3 1600mhz CAS-7 | OCZ Vertex 3 120gb
LeagueCraft ARAM Admin / Blacklist Administrator
#56Silver_SparkletPosted 2/16/2013 1:38:38 PM
Final Fantasy 13: Finally an rpg where i don't have to have a headache about armor upgrades/management and getting lost in the world map along a slew of other things common in most rpg's.

In that game I can just sit back relax and focus on the battles and very beautiful scenic, straight-forward, roller-coaster rides aswell a fantastic abstract story, it's a shame the devs gave into the "fans".

Izuna DS: Hard but in a way where a lot of deaths are your own fault (of course you can get unfortunate from time to time), the music also seemed to set off my nostalgia sensors.
#57Samp98518Posted 2/16/2013 2:03:30 PM
Shadow the Hedgehog. While I won't say it is great, it isn't terrible. You can play it without the game crashing or bugging out on you, and it features a good amount of stages and missions to do.

Also, Kirby Air Ride. I think too many people are just turned away by a literal one button control scheme, but the game is still amazingly fun. Anyone can pick it up and know how to play it after 5 minutes, and city trial I could play for hours and not get bored.
---
"My plan was perfect. But there was one thing I overlooked, one factor I failed to calculate.
He's a dumbass. And there's no accounting for dumbassness.
#58MrluzoPosted 2/16/2013 2:07:25 PM
I liked Dragon Age 2. I really enjoyed it, was probably the game that got me into rpgs. So for that I am thankful. It was just so different from anything else I had played, and now, I am a bit of an rpg addict.
#59tamayamawuvPosted 2/16/2013 2:12:49 PM
Well...I liked DmC, and FF13. FF13-2 was decent.
#60DamorahTalsetPosted 2/16/2013 2:31:55 PM
HughJorgenn posted...
Duke Nukem Forever.

This. It was just out of its time by a decade or so. If the same game were released ten years ago the reception would have been so much better.
---
I don't a fondness to Borat. I don't how it did outrageous; haven't they ever interneted? We have Goat's Sea and Celebrating Lemons. - Gandob