This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

share games many said were "bad" but were actually "good"

#61wrexwrecksPosted 2/16/2013 2:32:29 PM
Dragon Age 2 and Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway.

The limited number of locations just didn't bother me that much and calling it a "button masher" was just factually incorrect. Also, it did away with stupid weapon stats like .04% armor penetration and .07% bludgeoning.

BiA: HH, on the other hand, was simply a victim of the completely made up idea that a game that is literally all about taking cover is somehow diminished by "lock-in" cover instead of "kneel-behind" cover.

Oh, and the tank missions. Instead of the tank just being part of your squad to order around, you got to control it directly. Controlling tanks directly just makes everything better if you ask me.
---
It's gor-GET - because there are no French people in Westeros.
#62kingrat2314Posted 2/16/2013 2:35:42 PM
DmC
Final Fantasy XIII
Final Fantasy XIII-2
---
I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of ass. I'm out of gum too. I guess I'll just sit here.
#63TwistedMaestroPosted 2/16/2013 2:37:45 PM
Dead Island. Thoroughly enjoyed it (except for the sewer levels), and didn't experience any bugs.
#64SteelToothPosted 2/16/2013 2:49:50 PM
Of games I have actually played:

Bionic Commando, Deadly Premonition, Wheelman, Singularity, Duke Nukem Forever
---
TWSSted Steel Disagree with me? Talk to the Tree:
http://i.imgur.com/ihMBR.jpg
#65ukokira1Posted 2/16/2013 2:52:24 PM
Saints Row: The Third.
---
Look at you, soaring through the air like an bird... Piloting a blimp.
#66Sand_CoffinPosted 2/16/2013 2:52:56 PM
I didn't think Infinite Undiscovery was as bad as people and critics say.

Or Star Ocean: The Last Hope. Maybe that's because I played all the others and it was nice to see the prequel set up some things for the other games.
#67Gunvalkyrie2Posted 2/16/2013 2:54:54 PM
TUROK 08 was actually good..people thought it was pretty good when release but now most every1 thinks its awful.
---
It's not just a rumor, I heard it on Gamefaqs.
#68Grave2kPosted 2/16/2013 2:57:45 PM
Icornian posted...
Any of the "Musou Warriors" series including Dynasty, Samurai, Orochi, Legends Of Troy, and even Fist Of The North Star. They get tons of flack for being too simple and repetitive but sometimes that's all I want. Just hacking away at 1000's of enemies with flashy moves is very relaxing after a hard day.

Same here. I was A big fan of Koei's Warriors series. It's like Call Of Duty or Madden in Japan. Same thing but added more stuff or tweak the combat and it gets great reviews in Japan but here it gets called being same thing as the last game and so get crappy reviews yet COD or Madden get high scores. And just laying back and hitting the attack button will get you nowhere but dead and game over.

Star Wars The Force Unleashed 2 : It is short and A letdown of A game after playing the first one but I still enjoy the combat. So much fun tossing Ewoks around.
#69justdontaskPosted 2/16/2013 3:02:50 PM
Samp98518 posted...
Also, Kirby Air Ride. I think too many people are just turned away by a literal one button control scheme, but the game is still amazingly fun. Anyone can pick it up and know how to play it after 5 minutes, and city trial I could play for hours and not get bored.

people hate KAR? i actually had no idea people hated that game... im with you there, though, i can play city trial for hours and have fun the entire time... i wish theyd make another one T.T
---
logic escapes this site.
#70SavenForeverPosted 2/16/2013 3:05:53 PM
Final Fantasy XII
Zelda II: Adventure of Link