This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dark Souls questions.

#1pots555Posted 2/16/2013 7:50:07 AM
This is my first time playing Dark Souls. I am not far in the game. I am in the undead village, trying to get to the first bell. I manage to get to the bull demon, and I am confident I will beat him soon. However, a few questions:

1. Are potions hard to get?
2. I only have a Silver account. Will I miss out on a lot of stuff?
3. Does it get easier? I have died so many times and I am only at the beginning.
4. Are bonfires far apart?

Thanks a lot.
#2Darkest_EvilPosted 2/16/2013 7:51:24 AM
go check youtube and watch some lets play videos or walkthroughs.. even try the darksouls board
---
http://castleminerz.freeforums.org/index.php
#3DarkJaydragonPosted 2/16/2013 7:54:00 AM
pots555 posted...
This is my first time playing Dark Souls. I am not far in the game. I am in the undead village, trying to get to the first bell. I manage to get to the bull demon, and I am confident I will beat him soon. However, a few questions:

You get potions when you rest at a bonfire

You will miss out on pvping, tips/hints people post around the world and some help from co-op but there are A.I. co-op partners in some areas.

3. Does it get easier? I have died so many times and I am only at the beginning.

No.

Kind of, it will seem like it's far away since you will be taking your time to get to the next one but once you know where they are, it isn't that bad.

Thanks a lot.

---
Not changing this sig until i go to sleep started : 13/01/06 00:40 am GT: Jaydragon117 Flight of dragons is #1.
#4Walkman_005Posted 2/16/2013 7:56:09 AM
pots555 posted...

Thanks a lot.

Potions are infinite....You get a stock of 5 every time you sit at a bonfire. If you want more you have to KINDLE a bonfire. To do this you must first turn human using a humanity at a bonfire then another humanity to kindle.

You will only miss out on online things. Meaning people won't invade you and you can't invade/fight other people. It also means you can't summon help for co oping bosses. BUT the game has it set up so computer NPCs can invade you and computer NPCs can be summoned to help in fights. For any of these you must be human though.

Once you learn the controls it is easier. Don't rush in. Only fight one enemy at a time. BLOCK BLOCK BLOCK. Learn to strafe around for backstabs. ANd learn to roll properly. Less weight = faster roll

Bonfires are generally close. The game works in a clever way where you go one long way to open a shortcut back to the original bonfire you were at,
#5JKSonicPosted 2/16/2013 8:08:15 AM
As said, they are infinite but you only get so many per trip away from a bonfire. You can eventually get more and more per trip out though.

Nope, MP is full of people who think you owe them the courtesy of a fair fight with a bunch of unwritten rules...that's after they invade YOUR game just as you're about to get to a boss or do something else important and ruin the last 30min of your gameplay.

It never gets "easier" you just get better. There will be times after you've put 50+ hours into the game and you'll get cornered and killed by a simple enemy just because you weren't paying attention for a couple seconds. This is a good thing though, not a bad thing.

Some are pretty far apart, yes, however as you progress you'll open up new paths that will make many of the distances a lot shorter. Generally if you can't get somewhere or if a door is locked and you can't open it...you're not supposed to yet, so just be patient and remember to explore in every direction and down every path.
---
"You shouldn't be asking HOW things are, given that we already know there is something..but rather WHY things are, as opposed to there being nothing."