This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So ANGRY with Microsoft right now need advice, please help

#1manta53Posted 2/16/2013 1:29:09 PM
Ok so last night I turn on my xbox 360 and immediatly get prompted to manually log in to xbox live. Now I've had an xbox 360 since launch and I've had the same live account since launch and not once have I ever been asked to log in manually. Now I haven't known the password to my hotmail thats associated with my xbox live for I dunno 6 years or so. Naturally I cannot login into xbox live....now I've filled out the password recovery form 7 times 6 times I've been completely ignored and once denied. I created my xbox live account when I lived in the USA now I live in Canada and I can't remember 90% of the information that form asks.

So last night I go onto live chat with a microsoft employee who GUARANTEES me that filling out the form will work this time and just give him the 8 digit code and he will escalate to tier 3 immediatly. I told him it wouldn't work and today I get an email DENIED. So I go back onto chat today and give them the case number the guy gave me last night and surprise no information on my case in there so I tell her the issue all over again and she tells me to call microsoft to get the issue fixed.

So I call up 1-800-4my-xbox wait on hold for an hour and a half finally get a girl and she proceeds to tell me to do the exact same thing as chat did fill out the form, so I say to her "so what do I do when this doesn't work again" and her reply silence then "I.......don't...know....." SERIOUSLY you just said to me you don't know what I should do to fix this? Basically she said your effed kiss all your paid content goodbye.

Sorry for the wall of text I really have no idea what to do now, has anyone had to go through this or have any advice for me? Thanks.
---
I'm sorry Wendy but I just don't trust anything that bleeds for 5 days and doesn't die.
#2Silent Sniper IVPosted 2/16/2013 1:33:43 PM
Instead of asking passive aggressive questions, you should have told her that you've tried the solution she offered already, and told her you wish to speak to someone higher up on the food chain. This is how you should handle any customer support hell scenario.
---
Irony is a maginot line drawn by the already condemned
#3KtuluheroIIPosted 2/16/2013 1:35:08 PM
Write down your passwords and you wouldn't have this problem.
---
http://i.imgur.com/47zOc.jpg http://i.imgur.com/MsEGm.jpg
DMC Evolution: http://i.imgur.com/qQSFhCy.png
#4manta53(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 1:37:07 PM
Silent Sniper IV posted...
Instead of asking passive aggressive questions, you should have told her that you've tried the solution she offered already, and told her you wish to speak to someone higher up on the food chain. This is how you should handle any customer support hell scenario.

Oh yeah cause I didn't tell her that already.
---
I'm sorry Wendy but I just don't trust anything that bleeds for 5 days and doesn't die.
#5ValzacardXPosted 2/16/2013 1:40:27 PM
I agree that MS customer support should be better, but I hope this prompts you to keep your online accounts/info better organized so you don't forget or lose the information forever. You can't always depend on the company for this thing as you can see.

I say just call back and don't give in till you get a better option. But I still don't see how you can't recall ANY info on where you use to live. Ask you parents.
---
GT:Kahlilx77,
The internet, where common sense is a monumental achievement
#6GGearXPosted 2/16/2013 1:40:54 PM
KtuluheroII posted...
Write down your passwords and you wouldn't have this problem.

So true. I have like 18 email accounts and different places I log into. And I've never forgotten a password.

That sucks TC. But hopefully you've learned a valuable lesson.
---
GT: KryDamoure *Insert cool line here *
.............I'm a very shy guy........
#7Silent Sniper IVPosted 2/16/2013 1:40:58 PM
Not in your story you didn't. Instead of telling her clearly that you wished to speak to a supervisor or someone higher up since she didn't know what to do, you ask, "So what do I do when this doesn't work". This is my advice: Be clear and concise on what you want next time you call.
---
Irony is a maginot line drawn by the already condemned
#8manta53(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 1:44:07 PM
ValzacardX posted...
I agree that MS customer support should be better, but I hope this prompts you to keep your online accounts/info better organized so you don't forget or lose the information forever. You can't always depend on the company for this thing as you can see.

I say just call back and don't give in till you get a better option. But I still don't see how you can't recall ANY info on where you use to live. Ask you parents.

I moved down to the US on my own and I lived in PA the city name was Quarryville I have no idea what my phone number was or what the zip code is.
---
#9Dragon NexusPosted 2/16/2013 1:57:33 PM
Wait...didn't we have this topic a month ago?

I can't remember if this is the same guy. Still, he's not claiming MS stole his account, so......
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#10chizzaroidPosted 2/16/2013 2:08:52 PM
The same thing happened to me about a year ago and I had given up hope when I finally figured out the password. As stupid as it is that Microsoft can't help (especially when you have credit cards on the account with your name all over them) it still is your responsibility to keep track of password information. I was mad too, but it's a lesson learned...
---
GT: Chizzatron