This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So ANGRY with Microsoft right now need advice, please help

#21Damaged7Posted 2/16/2013 4:12:15 PM
After all your trouble they will probably reset your password and send it in an email to the account you don't remember the password to.
---
Bold Text
#22Chewbacca_420Posted 2/16/2013 4:58:29 PM
I had the same problem last night. My password got changed, the security questions answer got changed, form got denied. Currently on hold with support . I hope I'm not screwed.
---
"Good people drink good beer." -Hunter S. Thompson
#23Shy420Posted 2/16/2013 7:59:51 PM
manta53 posted...
Silent Sniper IV posted...
Instead of asking passive aggressive questions, you should have told her that you've tried the solution she offered already, and told her you wish to speak to someone higher up on the food chain. This is how you should handle any customer support hell scenario.

Oh yeah cause I didn't tell her that already.

Okay but here's the thing, people are more inclined to help you when you don't catch an attitude with them. These people aren't telling you to do things off the top of their head they have procedures that they have to follow. They turn to page 98 and it will say "tell them to fill out the form".

Is this a gold account? If so then you're paying so they should be able to do something like reset your login manually.
---
I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My life is my own.
#24Mogga123_5Posted 2/16/2013 8:21:02 PM
This is why you should keep up to date records on your passwords.

Or at least periodically change the password to important accounts, I have no sympathy for you
---
The mast is broken, hull is splitting, dear God the ****in' ship is sinking
#25BrutalBrockenPosted 2/17/2013 1:41:10 AM
Tell me your Email address, I'll get in there for you
---
XBOX- Brutal Brocken
PS3- BrutalBrocken
#26JackBurton85Posted 2/17/2013 3:53:17 AM
wow, what a surprising amount of absurdly organized people. Never thought soooo many people keep detailed, written records of their internet passwords. You guys have some special folder in your house, maybe a fancy file cabinet with your passwords and important financial records locked away?

I'll be the first in the 3 pages of responses to offer some words of support instead of condemning you for your apparent shocking level of irresponsible behavior. I could easily be in the same boat as you topic creator. I've been locked out of sooooo many email accounts it's ridiculous. Usually it's cuz i'll save the password on my comp, no need to memorize it cuz it's saved in there, but then i find myself in another region of the country or another country entirely and yahoo or whatever site it is freaks out on me about trying to access this email from a new or unknown location. All of a sudden i gotta answer security questions to get in, the answers to which i of course don't remember since i made them up a decade ago.

My wife uses the xbox the most. The account attached to live is mainly hers, she made the password and all of that. If she goes out of town and the xbox tells me i gotta enter the password manually out of the blue, i'm in your same boat, no way in hell i'm getting on live.

Perfectly understandable that someone would forget an online password or other net info.

Best of luck, although you're prob screwed. So sorry.
#27SpirituousPosted 2/17/2013 4:47:13 AM
Three seconds on google & you'll find the city/zipcode info.
If you can't remember any of that, nor your security answers, then your out of luck.

Microsoft is doing the right thing, since you can't prove it's your account via any information whatsoever. Companies have a legal duty to protect customers information.

It's unfair to blame Microsoft for your inability to prove you are who you say you are.
#28Dragon NexusPosted 2/17/2013 7:14:19 AM
I'll be the first in the 3 pages of responses to offer some words of support instead of condemning you for your apparent shocking level of irresponsible behavior.

Yes, because sympathy solves all of life's problems. Learning a lesson and acting upon problems gets us nowhere, we should just sit and mope while someone pats us on the back.

I've been locked out of sooooo many email accounts it's ridiculous. Usually it's cuz i'll save the password on my comp, no need to memorize it cuz it's saved in there, but then i find myself in another region of the country or another country entirely and yahoo or whatever site it is freaks out on me about trying to access this email from a new or unknown location. All of a sudden i gotta answer security questions to get in, the answers to which i of course don't remember since i made them up a decade ago.

Why make completely forgettable passwords in the first place? My passwords are totally secure and I remember them because they're made up of four words together that I can think of a phrase for.
http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/password_strength.png

My wife uses the xbox the most. The account attached to live is mainly hers, she made the password and all of that. If she goes out of town and the xbox tells me i gotta enter the password manually out of the blue, i'm in your same boat, no way in hell i'm getting on live.

Perfectly understandable that someone would forget an online password or other net info.

So something that's important that allows you to access content you paid for you don't thik it important enough to actually keep safe? So...wh do you blame if you lose your house keys? Oh noes, I can't get in my house! How was I expected to have to keep my keys safe to get back in?
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#29Darkcloud20Posted 2/17/2013 7:24:26 AM
Sheepinator posted...
So you want access to an account you don't have the password to. Next topic:

"I was hacked!!! MS sucks! EA sucks!"

Did you not read my friggin post? I've access to my account since xbox lives inception and now they are forcing me to login manually and I can't because I don't remember a 7 year old password that I haven't had to use in I don't know 7 years!!!!! They refuse to recover my password and I never said I was hacked.

How exactly should they now that it is your account if you don't know any of the personal data connected to it?
---
http://raptr.com/Darkcloud1987
#30Silent Sniper IVPosted 2/17/2013 8:44:42 AM(edited)
JackBurton85 posted...
wow, what a surprising amount of absurdly organized people. Never thought soooo many people keep detailed, written records of their internet passwords. You guys have some special folder in your house, maybe a fancy file cabinet with your passwords and important financial records locked away?

Yes actually. Why not? My banking is online, my taxes are done online, my credit cards are online, my email is tied to them, my gaming accounts I go back to frequently. I just checked and I have 50+ passwords. Why wouldn't I want to keep that information available?
---
Irony is a maginot line drawn by the already condemned