This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So ANGRY with Microsoft right now need advice, please help

#31Darkcloud20Posted 2/17/2013 9:46:14 AM
From: JackBurton85 | Posted: 2/17/2013 12:53:17 PM | #026
wow, what a surprising amount of absurdly organized people. Never thought soooo many people keep detailed, written records of their internet passwords. You guys have some special folder in your house, maybe a fancy file cabinet with your passwords and important financial records locked away?

KeePass
---
http://www.last.fm/user/Darkcloud1987
#32thedonPosted 2/17/2013 9:47:35 AM
manta53 posted...
Ok so last night I turn on my xbox 360 and immediatly get prompted to manually log in to xbox live. Now I've had an xbox 360 since launch and I've had the same live account since launch and not once have I ever been asked to log in manually. Now I haven't known the password to my hotmail thats associated with my xbox live for I dunno 6 years or so. Naturally I cannot login into xbox live....now I've filled out the password recovery form 7 times 6 times I've been completely ignored and once denied. I created my xbox live account when I lived in the USA now I live in Canada and I can't remember 90% of the information that form asks.

So last night I go onto live chat with a microsoft employee who GUARANTEES me that filling out the form will work this time and just give him the 8 digit code and he will escalate to tier 3 immediatly. I told him it wouldn't work and today I get an email DENIED. So I go back onto chat today and give them the case number the guy gave me last night and surprise no information on my case in there so I tell her the issue all over again and she tells me to call microsoft to get the issue fixed.

So I call up 1-800-4my-xbox wait on hold for an hour and a half finally get a girl and she proceeds to tell me to do the exact same thing as chat did fill out the form, so I say to her "so what do I do when this doesn't work again" and her reply silence then "I.......don't...know....." SERIOUSLY you just said to me you don't know what I should do to fix this? Basically she said your effed kiss all your paid content goodbye.

Sorry for the wall of text I really have no idea what to do now, has anyone had to go through this or have any advice for me? Thanks.

Why are you mad at Microsoft? Be mad at yourself for not writing down your password.
---
Gamertag & PSN:TheDon0926
N.O.D U Figure it out
#33dj___rollPosted 2/17/2013 10:23:47 AM
Quote:Ok so last night I turn on my xbox 360 and immediatly get prompted to manually log in to xbox live. Now I've had an xbox 360 since launch and I've had the same live account since launch and not once have I ever been asked to log in manually. Now I haven't known the password to my hotmail thats associated with my xbox live for I dunno 6 years or so. Naturally I cannot login into xbox live....now I've filled out the password recovery form 7 times 6 times I've been completely ignored and once denied. I created my xbox live account when I lived in the USA now I live in Canada and I can't remember 90% of the information that form asks.

So last night I go onto live chat with a microsoft employee who GUARANTEES me that filling out the form will work this time and just give him the 8 digit code and he will escalate to tier 3 immediatly. I told him it wouldn't work and today I get an email DENIED. So I go back onto chat today and give them the case number the guy gave me last night and surprise no information on my case in there so I tell her the issue all over again and she tells me to call microsoft to get the issue fixed.

So I call up 1-800-4my-xbox wait on hold for an hour and a half finally get a girl and she proceeds to tell me to do the exact same thing as chat did fill out the form, so I say to her "so what do I do when this doesn't work again" and her reply silence then "I.......don't...know....." SERIOUSLY you just said to me you don't know what I should do to fix this? Basically she said your effed kiss all your paid content goodbye.

Sorry for the wall of text I really have no idea what to do now, has anyone had to go through this or have any advice for me? Thanks.

@manta53
Ignoring the fact that this is YOUR fault. Customer service in general is garbage. Everyone reads from the same script and force you to go through all the unnecessary steps that you already tried because that's what the script says. The odd good story is the exception, not the rule.

Always just ask to be escalated.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10
#34Silent Sniper IVPosted 2/17/2013 10:57:52 AM
dj___roll posted...

Always just ask to be escalated.

Quoting this again because this is literally how you need to handle every CS experience. Do it *politely* and in a way that doesn't annoy the drone in the call center you're talking to, and chances are you'll get what you need a lot faster. Lines like, "Thanks (name here), I've already tried the solution you suggested twice, and it hasn't worked for me, can you please escalate me to someone who can help me if you don't have the clearance to make any changes? I've tried (X, Y, and Z) already.

Heres my paranoid little mental construct of how call centers work, based on when I worked in a citibank building and talked to the employees on smoke breaks:

Most CS places have multiple tiers of people with differing levels of authority. The people at the top can usually override whatever stupid P&P manuals they work out of. The people at the bottom can't do anything but read you what their P&P manual say to do. The sooner you tell them you've tried to do the things that they're paid to tell you to do, the sooner they shrug and escalate you because you're no longer their problem.

If you do it with an attitude, chances are you get transferred 2 tiers lower by "accident".

Protip: Always ask for an extension number or direct line to the place you're being escalated to. Explain that you've been disconnected or mis-transferred many times in the past and are tired of having to work your way up the tiers.

Always be sickeningly polite, always sparkle.
---
Irony is a maginot line drawn by the already condemned
#35Darkest_EvilPosted 2/17/2013 11:02:26 AM
microsoft implimented the new security measure thing requiring another email or a phone number etc. If you forgot the original password to your account try recovering the password with your secret answer to your question. If that doesnt work i suggest you try to get ahold of someone from your email provider to find your password.

Everything you bought on that system is still licensed on it but now you cant sign in to teh gamertag that bought it. You can still play online with other accounts and they will have access to the license on the system.
---
http://castleminerz.freeforums.org/index.php