This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

GameFAQs - Rate this: Dark Souls

#71GGearXPosted 2/16/2013 4:55:09 PM
Link43130 posted...
Luthor_ posted...
I'm not riled up at all.

13 posts now.

Does it matter if he's riled up? Hello, I'd be too if someone told me "pew pew"
It seems in these days if you post a reply to someone insulting you, you've been trolled. He has every right to post. It seems you guys forget that there are things called opinions.
---
GT: KryDamoure *Insert cool line here *
.............I'm a very shy guy........
#72DoukouPosted 2/16/2013 4:58:02 PM
CyricsServant posted...
Luthor_ posted...

I don't think its hypocritical when in general, the vocal portion of the Dark Souls fan base is pretty obnoxious.

One can be right and still be a hypocrite.

That being said, I don't think we're all that obnoxious. The "you don't like it because you can't get past the first area!" folks are admittedly annoying, but in my experience they're few and far between.

If I was to make a topic on the DS board right now pointing out what I didn't like about the game, I can personally gauruntee you it wouldn't turn into a friendly discussion.

But not all non-Dark Souls fans are FPS only bro dudes like most of the Souls guys think we are.

Would you like me to make a topic and prove my point?

I'd be interested in reading the response, but you don't need to go out of your way.

We have has different experiences than, the fan-base I've seen most of the time has made me view the fans with prejudice. Though this topic is making me think the fan-base is better than I thought.
---
Don't read this sig.
#73Jarl_Ulfric_SPosted 2/16/2013 4:58:14 PM
I gave the game a 6 and I agree that the Dark Souls fanbase is one of the worst around.
#74Link43130Posted 2/16/2013 4:58:41 PM
GGearX posted...
I'd be too if someone told me "pew pew"

pew pew

ps 15 posts now (also make that topic on the das boards so i can laff at u some more
---
Steam/XBL/PSN: Link43130
#75DoukouPosted 2/16/2013 5:02:12 PM
Link and DJoker sound like my experiences with the DS fanbase.
---
Don't read this sig.
#76Link43130Posted 2/16/2013 5:04:13 PM
Doukou posted...

lol whatever you say captain
---
Steam/XBL/PSN: Link43130
#77DoukouPosted 2/16/2013 5:05:20 PM
Link43130 posted...
Doukou posted...

lol whatever you say captain

Speak when spoken to.

How was your day?
---
Don't read this sig.
#78NellytheHoofPosted 2/16/2013 5:08:50 PM
I'm playing through it atm and not really seeing what the big fuss is about. People told me beforehand that it wasn't really that difficult and that I would only ever die from mistakes. Then I walked into a room, read two messages saying 'amazing chest ahead,' opened the chest... and was eaten by the chest and sent back to my last bonfire. After I had spent probably over an hour getting to that point.

And that may be an example of why the fanbase is criticised a lot. It's a game where its fanbase actually has an impact on gameplay, so people's opinions may be formed just due to the sheer number of messages from other players left at the edge of a cliff saying 'try jumping.'
---
YNWA
#79MertensCWPosted 2/16/2013 5:14:54 PM
Luthor_ posted...

Meanwhile DS fans ITT have called me a pew pew pew player.

Lol. @ "pew pew"

You should have responded like a rational adult and called him a clang,clang player.
btw i voted 1 ' cause not having played the game, it was closest to the vote button.

That will teach the TC to place the highest number at the bottom.
---
Few Favorites- Ninja gaiden 1-2, Colony Wars 1-3,Xenogears,MarioKart,Lunar 2 GTA:SA,S&K,FF6-7,Zanac,S.Metroid,SMB2,NFL2K5,Halo 2, NG2,Vanquish,Witcher 2.
#80HighOnPhazonPosted 2/16/2013 5:22:30 PM
---
GT: AncientToaster
Speak of the devil...and he shall appear