This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Thinking about buying I Am Alive.

#1_LordAndSaviorPosted 2/16/2013 2:42:19 PM(edited)
What are you guys opinions should I buy it now, wait for a possible sale, or just skip it all together?

I really enjoy games with a post-apocalyptic setting and games with a great story, I played the Demo and really enjoyed it. But has there been a sale recently? Or do you feel it's worth the full price?

Thanks again for the opinions everyone, very much appreciated.
---
Will not change this sig, until Carlito is a World Champion! 7/10/11 (Unofficial Date: 6/11/05)
R.I.P Shauwk, Gone but Never Forgotten. You will be missed.
#2NeVaRmoorePosted 2/16/2013 2:41:22 PM
At least wait for a sale. It's not awful, but the controls are wonky and can be frustrating. It's a good challenge though, I wouldn't say skip it.
#3TheRobPosted 2/16/2013 2:41:57 PM
I bought it at full price when it came out and I loved it. It probably was on sale already at some point, but I thought full price was worth it. But it's one of those games where most people either love it or hate it, you don't usually get middle ground opinions on it.
---
The People's Heel
IF YA SMEELLLALALAO..WHAT THE ROB IS COOKING !!!
'B-|
#4Gunvalkyrie2Posted 2/16/2013 2:47:29 PM
Read the IGN REVIEW. youll thank me later.
---
It's not just a rumor, I heard it on Gamefaqs.
#5_LordAndSavior(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 2:52:22 PM
Hmm, so I just need some questions answered without any spoilers obviously, does the game have a good story?

Also has it been on sale yet?
---
Will not change this sig, until Carlito is a World Champion! 7/10/11 (Unofficial Date: 6/11/05)
#6NeVaRmoorePosted 2/16/2013 2:53:13 PM
_LordAndSavior posted...
Hmm, so I just need some questions answered without any spoilers obviously, does the game have a good story?

Also has it been on sale yet?

Yes and yes
#7SigmaLongshotPosted 2/16/2013 2:58:31 PM
Truth is, the game is very much a vertical slice. Condensed.

It feels like a lot of very intense content for such a miniature length, but the game itself is very impressive when compared to xbla usual.

If I'm being honest, it's mostly like a miniaturized version of a full game, like Dead Rising case Zero. But that isn't necessarily a bad thing. Not in the slightest!!
---
Double Jump Game Comics: http://doublejump.thecomicseries.com/
#8bossk5Posted 2/16/2013 3:02:08 PM
NeVaRmoore posted...
At least wait for a sale. It's not awful, but the controls are wonky and can be frustrating. It's a good challenge though, I wouldn't say skip it.

I'm with this guy.
---
Welcome to Gamefaqs, where trolls run rampant. I buy used games.Pacers 3- whatever...I give up
#9_LordAndSavior(Topic Creator)Posted 2/16/2013 3:03:50 PM
It looks like it was on sale just a few months ago in November, I'm pretty new to Xbox how often do games go on sale?
---
#10Banana_ManaPosted 2/16/2013 3:05:40 PM
I'd say buy it... It's a very interesting game with some intriguing mechanics.
---
An Englishman, an Irishman and a Scotsman walk into a bar. The barman looks at them and says: "Is this some kind of a joke?