This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Thinking about buying I Am Alive.

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Thinking about buying I Am Alive.
4 years ago#1
What are you guys opinions should I buy it now, wait for a possible sale, or just skip it all together?

I really enjoy games with a post-apocalyptic setting and games with a great story, I played the Demo and really enjoyed it. But has there been a sale recently? Or do you feel it's worth the full price?

Thanks again for the opinions everyone, very much appreciated.
Will not change this sig, until Carlito is a World Champion! 7/10/11 (Unofficial Date: 6/11/05)
R.I.P Shauwk, Gone but Never Forgotten. You will be missed.
4 years ago#2
At least wait for a sale. It's not awful, but the controls are wonky and can be frustrating. It's a good challenge though, I wouldn't say skip it.
4 years ago#3
I bought it at full price when it came out and I loved it. It probably was on sale already at some point, but I thought full price was worth it. But it's one of those games where most people either love it or hate it, you don't usually get middle ground opinions on it.
The People's Heel
IF YA SMEELLLALALAO..WHAT THE ROB IS COOKING !!!
'B-|
4 years ago#4
Read the IGN REVIEW. youll thank me later.
It's not just a rumor, I heard it on Gamefaqs.
4 years ago#5
Hmm, so I just need some questions answered without any spoilers obviously, does the game have a good story?

Also has it been on sale yet?
Will not change this sig, until Carlito is a World Champion! 7/10/11 (Unofficial Date: 6/11/05)
4 years ago#6
_LordAndSavior posted...
Hmm, so I just need some questions answered without any spoilers obviously, does the game have a good story?

Also has it been on sale yet?

Yes and yes
4 years ago#7
Truth is, the game is very much a vertical slice. Condensed.

It feels like a lot of very intense content for such a miniature length, but the game itself is very impressive when compared to xbla usual.

If I'm being honest, it's mostly like a miniaturized version of a full game, like Dead Rising case Zero. But that isn't necessarily a bad thing. Not in the slightest!!
Double Jump Game Comics: http://doublejump.thecomicseries.com/
4 years ago#8
NeVaRmoore posted...
At least wait for a sale. It's not awful, but the controls are wonky and can be frustrating. It's a good challenge though, I wouldn't say skip it.

I'm with this guy.
Welcome to Gamefaqs, where trolls run rampant. I buy used games.Pacers 3- whatever...I give up
4 years ago#9
It looks like it was on sale just a few months ago in November, I'm pretty new to Xbox how often do games go on sale?
4 years ago#10
I'd say buy it... It's a very interesting game with some intriguing mechanics.
An Englishman, an Irishman and a Scotsman walk into a bar. The barman looks at them and says: "Is this some kind of a joke?
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Thinking about buying I Am Alive.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived