This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

DmC Metacritic 86% - User Score 44%

#41bladegash666Posted 2/17/2013 7:11:31 AM
bladegash666 posted...
Chez is probably livid right now. Grab some Hennessey and a dutch and chill the **** out man. Never seen a casual this mad before , DAMN!

DmC is a mediocre game. A 6/10 at best. The only reason it's getting attention is because it's called Devil May Cry. If it had nothing to do with that series, no one would give a rats ass about it.

On the contrary , quite a few people wish it wasn't called DmC(myself included). They dragged the franchise through the mud with their stupid business decisions and it's going to hurt them in the long run.

If it wasn't for the DMC name, this game would have faded into obscurity like every other NT game. As soon as you slap on DMC people get interested in it.

Regardless of the name on the case , it failed.
---
"Listen you protein guzzling buffoon-"
"That sentence had too many syllables , APOLOGIZE!"
#42SunDevil77Posted 2/17/2013 7:25:14 AM
bladegash666 posted...
bladegash666 posted...
Chez is probably livid right now. Grab some Hennessey and a dutch and chill the **** out man. Never seen a casual this mad before , DAMN!

DmC is a mediocre game. A 6/10 at best. The only reason it's getting attention is because it's called Devil May Cry. If it had nothing to do with that series, no one would give a rats ass about it.

On the contrary , quite a few people wish it wasn't called DmC(myself included). They dragged the franchise through the mud with their stupid business decisions and it's going to hurt them in the long run.

If it wasn't for the DMC name, this game would have faded into obscurity like every other NT game. As soon as you slap on DMC people get interested in it.

Regardless of the name on the case , it failed.

Did it?
---
Royal with Cheese. What do they call a Big Mac? Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it Le Big Mac.
#43bladegash666Posted 2/17/2013 7:27:46 AM
Yes. Sold less than DMC4 at launch , and recently fell off the top 20 UK charts. It'll be lucky to hit 1mil at this rate.

*SNIFFFFFFF*

I smell a price drop!
---
"Listen you protein guzzling buffoon-"
"That sentence had too many syllables , APOLOGIZE!"
#44SirenaLoreleyPosted 2/17/2013 7:42:00 AM
Well, not always the 'press reviews' are honest... they hype some game that doesn't deserve to be hyped and give ridiculously high scores just to lure people to buy the games...
I prefer to decide for myself, watch for myself, rent and play for myself... and, yeah, I agree with the User Score, the game is not that good; funny to play once, not replay value, bad dialogues, too easy gameplay (for casuals,obviously)...
---
**I will choose a path that's clear... I will choose Free Will**
#45SunDevil77Posted 2/17/2013 7:44:23 AM
bladegash666 posted...
Yes. Sold less than DMC4 at launch , and recently fell off the top 20 UK charts. It'll be lucky to hit 1mil at this rate.

*SNIFFFFFFF*

I smell a price drop!

They still made a profit, and it sold well over the amount it needed to warrant a possible sequel. Maybe it won't hit their ambitious goal, but it still sold well.
---
Royal with Cheese. What do they call a Big Mac? Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it Le Big Mac.
#46gorypaldin2Posted 2/17/2013 7:57:00 AM
I think all the old dante fanboys are mad for this reason. When they were teenagers that dante was the cool badass they all wanted to be.

Fast forward a decade and now the new dante is what the kids today consider badasa or edgy or whatever other word one wants to use.
---
The mods know where they can go
#47King_MadnessPosted 2/17/2013 8:19:41 AM
The people in this topic do realize that the fans have spoken with their wallets? Capcom isn't owed anything, the fans are not obligated to buy a product they didn't ask for, nor do they want. The fans give Capcom money, not the other way around. As with any business, you need to make sure you are creating a product that your target fanbase actually wants. If you cannot fulfill this basic requirement, somebody else will.
---
MGiant-AYankees-VKnicksS
#48KenshinsbrotherPosted 2/17/2013 8:44:24 AM
Entitled liberals.
---
PSN: Shinta99 XBL: tD Saint http://backloggery.com/shinta1010
#49Dragon NexusPosted 2/17/2013 9:24:37 AM
Fast forward a decade and now the new dante is what the kids today consider badasa or edgy or whatever other word one wants to use.

Guessing you haven't actually played the game.

People don't like new Dante because
1) They haven't played it and just don't like the new design without giving it a try.
2) Have played it and dislike the fact he's not a bland, emotionless character who leaps from emotionless conflict to emotionless conflict with lame-ass one liners but ctually has some character development now and has been made into a relatable character.

But regardless I didn't buy it because it's Capcom.
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#50JamanjaxPosted 2/17/2013 9:29:51 AM
User score is more appropriate here.
---
He who has the blues, has a good thing.