This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best Max Payne game?

#11thekozmicpigPosted 2/16/2013 11:14:38 PM
Choir_of_Wolves posted...
horror_spooky posted...
Interesting results. I've played the first two (as I said I'm on the second game), and I enjoy the sequel a lot more than the original.

Gameplay wise, maybe, but the story and art direction of the original is miles beyond any of the others.

I have them all, (haven't played 2 or 3. Also, all are on different consoles) and this might be how I feel at the end. I remember finding the first to be kinda terrible gameplay & control wise (this is the PS2 version) but the storytelling, environment, dialog etc. was top notch.
---
Feels like the depths of hell were unleashed upon my ass. - nivlac_rebuats
#12superweskerPosted 2/16/2013 11:18:22 PM
All three are equal IMO . Three of the greatest games ever made .
---
"Japan is also a country where you can buy period blood stained/poop stained panties in vending machines"-zidane15.....GT: crazydaygo
#13Vivi0198Posted 2/16/2013 11:44:47 PM
2 > 1 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 3

I was absolutely in love with the Mona Sax and Max Payne story in 2. One of my favorite games of all time. MP3 was such a disappointment to me.
---
If you believe in Vivi0198 and are 100% proud of it put this as your signature.
#14Killah PriestPosted 2/16/2013 11:48:32 PM
2 is by far the best.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#15Walkman_005Posted 2/16/2013 11:51:25 PM
Number 1. It was an action packed ARCADE SHOOTER.

No cover taking, no waiting.

MP3 was a bore. The most boring cover based shooting I have ever played. That's not what made MP fun.
#16all_that_juicePosted 2/16/2013 11:54:27 PM
I voted MP 2 because it's the best Max Payne game. 3 is the best game, but I don't consider it a Max Payne game.
---
isn't hearing technically a dimension? so this should be called the 4DS. - I_Always_Die
#17glassghost0Posted 2/16/2013 11:54:46 PM
Walkman_005 posted...
Number 1. It was an action packed ARCADE SHOOTER.

No cover taking, no waiting.

MP3 was a bore. The most boring cover based shooting I have ever played. That's not what made MP fun.

I beat the game on hard and never needed to use cover, you didn't play it right
---
www.youtube.com/GlassGhost428
#18JackBurton85Posted 2/17/2013 4:58:04 AM
Gotta go with the 1st. By far the best story, and it being the first exposure into Max Paynes world really helps it for me.

The 2nd is fantastic as well, but i didn't find its story nearly as engrossing.

The 3rd is a great action/shooter, but it doesn't feel like max payne at all. I'm not just talking about the lack of a dark atmosphere and setting either. The music isn't there, the way the story unfolded with the comic panels wasn't in the same league as superior previous entries into the series, characters weren't as strong, story wasn't as strong. Didn't feel like max payne to me.
#19NejiHyuga900Posted 2/17/2013 8:12:54 AM
I only played the first one, so Max Payne 1.
---
Xbox 360 Gamertag & Nintendo Network ID: TDPNeji
Steam ID: NejiHyuga900
#20silenthill4vidPosted 2/17/2013 8:28:24 AM
guy 1 "can you believe it...the other guys are naming their rifles, what a joke..."

guy 2 " i guess.....mine is named dick justice...."
---
splinter cell: blacklist......the latest game series turned generic shooter.