This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you play campaign, multiplayer or both regularly?

#1Carte360Posted 2/17/2013 8:25:35 AM
Which is it? - Results (54 votes)
Campaign. I love some good story/action etc, I avoid multi like the plague.
38.89% (21 votes)
Campaign, but I also enjoy some multiplayer.
27.78% (15 votes)
An equal amount of both. Best of both worlds, baby.
11.11% (6 votes)
Multiplayer, but I also play a decent amount of campaign, at least beat it once.
16.67% (9 votes)
Multiplayer only, I avoid single player in games that really don't need them.
5.56% (3 votes)
Other.
0% (0 votes)
I only play 1 on Wednesdays and the other on Sundays, it is how I roll.
0% (0 votes)
Neither, I just mess around in the menus and stuff.
0% (0 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Personally, I haven't played any Halo, Battlefield, CoD (past MW2), campaign, at all.

Along with other entries that have both, I just find them to be 'boring' if you will. I enjoy multi too much.

Ps. Campaign is for any single player (co-op) stuff, not just shooters or w/e. :p
---
Why would Microsoft worry about exclusives when it has the awe-inspiring Kinect to sell consoles. - MrRGerk
#2TravarkothPosted 2/17/2013 8:30:58 AM
Predominately, I enjoy and prefer Campaign.

I can't say I specifically *avoid* multiplayer like the plague, but all of the games I buy have to have at least have a Campaign, though. Multiplayer-only games, I can't do.
---
What greater weapon is there than to turn an enemy to your cause? To use their own knowledge against them?
--Bastila Shan
#3lokinineteenPosted 2/17/2013 8:32:48 AM
Im primarily a multiplayer player but I will get around to finishing story mode.

Saying that, I played Farcry 3 story then only a few hours of online. Assassins Creed 3 I still havent touched online & have had that since the first or second week.

Halo 4 what Ive played has been pretty much online. Full House Poker online & Battlefield 3 is my game of choice at the moment which is online.
#4OverburdenedPosted 2/17/2013 8:33:23 AM
I'll buy a game that I want to get the most out of. I wouldn't get a game for one or the other. (Get call of duty just for Mp etc).

I like to play the campaign then the multiplayer. (Always start the campaign first anyways)
---
Crappy spelling due to my iPod.
The Chronic what cles of Narnia._
#5TravarkothPosted 2/17/2013 8:34:35 AM
From: lokinineteen | Posted: 2/17/2013 10:32:48 AM | #003
Halo 4 what Ive played has been pretty much online.

I'd recommend at least trying the Campaign, if you haven't. Although it's not my favorite Halo game, or Halo campaign - it was still pretty fun to play through. Especially with a friend.
---
What greater weapon is there than to turn an enemy to your cause? To use their own knowledge against them?
--Bastila Shan
#6lokinineteenPosted 2/17/2013 8:36:42 AM
Travarkoth posted...
From: lokinineteen | Posted: 2/17/2013 10:32:48 AM | #003
Halo 4 what Ive played has been pretty much online.

I'd recommend at least trying the Campaign, if you haven't. Although it's not my favorite Halo game, or Halo campaign - it was still pretty fun to play through. Especially with a friend.

Yeah I got to mission 3 with a few buddies & I keep saying we should play more but nothing ever materialises.
#7Halochief6Posted 2/17/2013 8:39:27 AM
If it's a game where I enjoy the multiplayer I'll end up playing that more than the campaign. I always try to beat the campaign at least once though.

If it is a game where I don't care about the multiplayer I'll only play the campaign exclusively, unless there are online achievements then I might give it a try.
---
"Please explain to me how a dog can help a blind person see the difference in 720p to 1080p in tv sets under 32"?" - NakedSnake1986
#8Zohar_MetatronPosted 2/17/2013 8:40:37 AM
I'll play multiplayer with people I know, but that's about it.

That's rare, too, moreso then I'd like. Between having games on different systems, having different tastes, etc. it's rare I can find a thing and get more then a friend or two in on 'em at a time.
---
By Grabthar's Hammer, what a savings.
#9Dragon NexusPosted 2/17/2013 9:26:18 AM
I'm all about the single player.
I find multiplayer gets repetitive and annoying fast, with me either being really bad at it or the players I'm teamed with failing to understand how the game mode works or eventually every match just feeling like the same old thing over and over and over.
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#10rockyoumonkeysPosted 2/17/2013 11:50:58 AM
98% campaign.

The only multiplayer I've ever played with any regularity is CoD, but even that I'm getting bored of. I've tried a number of other multiplayer games, but none of them ever took.
---
Formerly Known As: boingboingboing
Now Reading: Great North Road, P. Hamilton