This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Well, we already know the amount of quality Destiny will have.

#11JenniferTatePosted 2/17/2013 11:35:06 PM
Oni is pretty wicked, even if it's dated. It was ambitious at the time, and the story, while not original, was pretty cool. I need to replay it.
---
"If it's important, do it every day. If it's not important, don't do it all." -Dan Gable
#12vigorm0rtisPosted 2/17/2013 11:45:25 PM
While it's known that I'm not a fan of Bungie, their name is at the very least a byword for polish and they're the only company that can write functional netcode for consoles.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#13656stoogePosted 2/17/2013 11:57:37 PM
ACHEEKSMALLOY posted...

regarded by whom? 10 year olds. marathon and oni are highly regarded? bungie is the definition of overrated. its pretty sad that another company takes over their main series and does it 10x better.

10X better graphics, sure, but it's pretty sad that kids today think better graphics is what it's all about.

Halo 4 had far worse AI than Reach, smaller levels and less enemies per encounter. Not to mention there was nothing on the same scale as the scarab fights in Halo 3.

And what exactly did Halo 4 add to the series? This was meant to be a completely new start to the franchise and for more than half the game we were still fighting the same groups of jackals, Grunts and Elites.
And the 2 new enemies? Well they were probably the most frustrating things to fight in the entire series, which is quite an accomplishment considering how bad the Flood were.

Halo 4 was a decent FPS with some amazing production values, but no way in hell was it 10x better than the past games.
---
Meet the new love of my life--
http://itotd.com/view/80/
#14vigorm0rtisPosted 2/18/2013 12:00:07 AM
656stooge posted...

, but no way in hell was it 10x better than the past games.

What unit of measurement are we dealing in? Gold Stars? Awesomes? This is a pointless debate.
---
#15656stoogePosted 2/18/2013 12:08:23 AM
vigorm0rtis posted...
656stooge posted...

What unit of measurement are we dealing in? Gold Stars? Awesomes? This is a pointless debate.

We're obviously using past Halo games as the unit of measurement.
---
#16vigorm0rtisPosted 2/18/2013 12:12:09 AM
656stooge posted...
vigorm0rtis posted...
656stooge posted...

We're obviously using past Halo games as the unit of measurement.

So Halo 4 was not better than 10 Halo 3s?

'Kay.
---
#17656stoogePosted 2/18/2013 12:16:05 AM
vigorm0rtis posted...

So Halo 4 was not better than 10 Halo 3s?

'Kay.

Exactly.
---