This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Games you can't get into

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Games you can't get into
3 years ago#1
So just wondering what do you guys do after reading reviews but still brought a game that you found you're not interested in? - Results (76 votes)
Keep it
60.53% (46 votes)
Trade it
15.79% (12 votes)
Sell it
15.79% (12 votes)
Return it (from what I know only limited store offer this option)
7.89% (6 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Recently I just started playing some backlog games I brought for cheap Sonic & All Stars Transformed and PGR4 and I couldn't really get into either of them.

I found Sonic to be way too arcadey and not enough guidance on how to play the game and I think the AI cheats.

PGR4 on Normal feels like playing on hard (you have to drive near flawlessly to get 1st place), and I can't 'feel' the car to know the optimum time to speed/break etc. (I've played Forza 4 and Blur). And I hate the cone driving and scoring points racing races.

I'm planning to sell Sonic but PGR4 is pretty much deadweight.
My playmate #1 of 2: Stormena, multitasking skill P55 4GB RAM, Beauty HIS Radeon 7870 IceQ 2GB, Fitness Corsair 800W. Physique CM Storm Scout.
GT: XTrueFinale
3 years ago#2
I have a few games I can't get into, but I always keep them around for future playing. Sometimes it just takes awhile to get into something.
White FC [Panda]: 3783 - 6584 - 4908
White 2 FC [Liz]: 2666 - 9974 - 6792
3 years ago#3
Trade it...and my most recent game i couldn't get into was Fallout New Vegas. I just was not liking the world of it.
Trust me, when it comes to sticking things up my butt, I know what I'm talking about. - synth_real
3 years ago#4
Why would you keep a game you have no interest in? You're a gamer right? Not a rental business accumulating rental properties. Games are software to be played, not collectibles to prop up on your shelves. No one's going to pay you $1000+ for that mint condition, first print copy of GTAIV dude. Sell that **** while you can still get a few bucks for it and don't look back!
isn't hearing technically a dimension? so this should be called the 4DS. - I_Always_Die
3 years ago#5
all_that_juice posted...
Why would you keep a game you have no interest in?

To come back to it at another time.
I wish I had always kept games. I rebought Red Dead last year after selling my copy a week or so after release...man, I wish I had kept that game and gave it another shot a month later or something. I waited too long to play it.
Royal with Cheese. What do they call a Big Mac? Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it Le Big Mac.
3 years ago#6

Same, if I can't get into a game I keep it and come back to it at another time hoping maybe I might get into it then.

There have been a lot of times where I just purchased a game and the mood wasn't right or there was something going in IRL that was keeping me from getting into it.
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
3 years ago#7
Well, by the time you "get back to it" it will be in the bargain bin for $5. Why not sell it now and at least recoup your $20 or whatever you can get for it before it becomes worthless? Video games are like cars, not like homes. They depreciate over time. Sell that **** like hot potato and don't even think about it!
isn't hearing technically a dimension? so this should be called the 4DS. - I_Always_Die
3 years ago#8
SunDevil77 posted...
all_that_juice posted...
Why would you keep a game you have no interest in?

I wish I had always kept games. I rebought Red Dead last year after selling my copy a week or so after release...man, I wish I had kept that game and gave it another shot a month later or something. I waited too long to play it.

Pretty much this.

I traded in Skyrim after beating all of the guilds thinking I'd never play it again. As soon as I read on role playing, I had to buy another copy.

Good thing too. I've put another 200 hours into it since then.
"It doesn't matter what controller you have in your hand as long as you enjoy pressing the buttons..."
-RPG_Apostle
3 years ago#9
Xcom I just couldn't get into strategy games I guess
I used to do drugs. I still do drugs. But I used to, too.
3 years ago#10
Sold, trashed & kept them.
Few Favorites- Ninja gaiden 1-2, Colony Wars 1-3,Xenogears,MarioKart,Lunar 2 GTA:SA,S&K,FF6-7,Zanac,S.Metroid,SMB2,NFL2K5,Halo 2, NG2,Vanquish,Witcher 2.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Games you can't get into

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived