This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Games you can't get into

#1TrueFinalePosted 2/17/2013 11:46:12 AM
So just wondering what do you guys do after reading reviews but still brought a game that you found you're not interested in? - Results (76 votes)
Keep it
60.53% (46 votes)
Trade it
15.79% (12 votes)
Sell it
15.79% (12 votes)
Return it (from what I know only limited store offer this option)
7.89% (6 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Recently I just started playing some backlog games I brought for cheap Sonic & All Stars Transformed and PGR4 and I couldn't really get into either of them.

I found Sonic to be way too arcadey and not enough guidance on how to play the game and I think the AI cheats.

PGR4 on Normal feels like playing on hard (you have to drive near flawlessly to get 1st place), and I can't 'feel' the car to know the optimum time to speed/break etc. (I've played Forza 4 and Blur). And I hate the cone driving and scoring points racing races.

I'm planning to sell Sonic but PGR4 is pretty much deadweight.
---
My playmate #1 of 2: Stormena, multitasking skill P55 4GB RAM, Beauty HIS Radeon 7870 IceQ 2GB, Fitness Corsair 800W. Physique CM Storm Scout.
GT: XTrueFinale
#2ptreemf12Posted 2/17/2013 11:48:38 AM
I have a few games I can't get into, but I always keep them around for future playing. Sometimes it just takes awhile to get into something.
---
White FC [Panda]: 3783 - 6584 - 4908
White 2 FC [Liz]: 2666 - 9974 - 6792
#3Warm_TapePosted 2/17/2013 2:01:09 PM
Trade it...and my most recent game i couldn't get into was Fallout New Vegas. I just was not liking the world of it.
---
Trust me, when it comes to sticking things up my butt, I know what I'm talking about. - synth_real
#4all_that_juicePosted 2/17/2013 2:06:30 PM
Why would you keep a game you have no interest in? You're a gamer right? Not a rental business accumulating rental properties. Games are software to be played, not collectibles to prop up on your shelves. No one's going to pay you $1000+ for that mint condition, first print copy of GTAIV dude. Sell that **** while you can still get a few bucks for it and don't look back!
---
isn't hearing technically a dimension? so this should be called the 4DS. - I_Always_Die
#5SunDevil77Posted 2/17/2013 2:08:33 PM
all_that_juice posted...
Why would you keep a game you have no interest in?

To come back to it at another time.
I wish I had always kept games. I rebought Red Dead last year after selling my copy a week or so after release...man, I wish I had kept that game and gave it another shot a month later or something. I waited too long to play it.
---
Royal with Cheese. What do they call a Big Mac? Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it Le Big Mac.
#6Killah PriestPosted 2/17/2013 2:12:16 PM

Same, if I can't get into a game I keep it and come back to it at another time hoping maybe I might get into it then.

There have been a lot of times where I just purchased a game and the mood wasn't right or there was something going in IRL that was keeping me from getting into it.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#7all_that_juicePosted 2/17/2013 2:14:11 PM
Well, by the time you "get back to it" it will be in the bargain bin for $5. Why not sell it now and at least recoup your $20 or whatever you can get for it before it becomes worthless? Video games are like cars, not like homes. They depreciate over time. Sell that **** like hot potato and don't even think about it!
---
isn't hearing technically a dimension? so this should be called the 4DS. - I_Always_Die
#8Luthor_Posted 2/17/2013 2:14:12 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
all_that_juice posted...
Why would you keep a game you have no interest in?

I wish I had always kept games. I rebought Red Dead last year after selling my copy a week or so after release...man, I wish I had kept that game and gave it another shot a month later or something. I waited too long to play it.

Pretty much this.

I traded in Skyrim after beating all of the guilds thinking I'd never play it again. As soon as I read on role playing, I had to buy another copy.

Good thing too. I've put another 200 hours into it since then.
---
"It doesn't matter what controller you have in your hand as long as you enjoy pressing the buttons..."
-RPG_Apostle
#9ironmaidenfan70Posted 2/17/2013 2:15:22 PM
Xcom I just couldn't get into strategy games I guess
---
I used to do drugs. I still do drugs. But I used to, too.
#10MertensCWPosted 2/17/2013 4:23:04 PM
Sold, trashed & kept them.
---
Few Favorites- Ninja gaiden 1-2, Colony Wars 1-3,Xenogears,MarioKart,Lunar 2 GTA:SA,S&K,FF6-7,Zanac,S.Metroid,SMB2,NFL2K5,Halo 2, NG2,Vanquish,Witcher 2.