This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

360 is making some odd noise (not disc related)

#1LancetJades(Moderator)Posted 2/17/2013 12:28:25 PM(edited)
It's an original model, jasper chip.

On the lower/right half of the console (depending on how you look at it, it's the part with the power button), today it has an odd rumble-like noise. It sounds sort of like the fan is blowing too fast, or something around the fan is slightly out of alignment, causing it to do a rumbling sound.

This happens whether there's a disc in or not, and starts within 10 seconds of turning it on. Just started today, although I remember it happening once before, several months ago, and I forget what I did (if anything) to stop it.

It's almost certainly the fan, but does anyone have any ideas for what to do?

EDIT: Ok, it went away after leaving the 360 sitting on the dashboard for a few minutes. I'm guessing something was slightly ajar with the fan or something and it (probably) corrected itself. Still would like a more concrete answer if anyone else has had this issue before.

---
Eclipsing power is, at times, not only the instrument of demons, but also of gods.
Lost, but not forgotten.
#2Pat_AuldPosted 2/17/2013 5:34:07 PM
<3 ;')
#3RPG_ApostlePosted 2/17/2013 5:40:32 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#4lunchEATSyouPosted 2/17/2013 5:41:03 PM
I would bet that your 360 is filled with dust. Mine used to do that until it expired :(
---
Height has nothing to do with skin colour, but I know this girl that tans alot that is short...yeah get your brain looked it, someone needs to fix it- DemonDog
#5lunchEATSyouPosted 2/17/2013 5:42:15 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#6TravarkothPosted 2/17/2013 5:42:35 PM
Hm, seems strange. Hopefully it doesn't break on you or anything.
---
What greater weapon is there than to turn an enemy to your cause? To use their own knowledge against them?
--Bastila Shan
#7LancetJades(Topic Creator)(Moderator)Posted 2/17/2013 11:34:58 PM
lunchEATSyou posted...
I would bet that your 360 is filled with dust. Mine used to do that until it expired :(

If that's the case, any ideas on how best to clean it?
---
Eclipsing power is, at times, not only the instrument of demons, but also of gods.
Lost, but not forgotten.
#8IWUPosted 2/17/2013 11:44:46 PM
RPG_Apostle posted...
We'd answer, but you have (M) next to your name, and all GFaqs users know that means you'll mod us for anything we say.

Tell Error and Baseman that I said "Shut up" if you get a chance.

LOL!!!
---
...due to having Asperger I simply don't care... for real. I just... don't. I find everyone weird and I myself am weird. -mtjormitch
#9Mumble_Posted 2/17/2013 11:50:07 PM
Thats how my slim model is. :( This is a secret tag so that I can see if anyone has a solution.
---
HELLO!!!
#10VeryDarkSoulPosted 2/17/2013 11:51:16 PM
my system makes a rumbling noise if I go to dashboard with a game in the system, but don't play the game. Once I start the game, it goes away. It also has a constant pulsating noise from the fans (Like they spin up and slow down constantly)
---
Ron Paul 2012